Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:09 PM
LR: Japanese-Style Rules
TP, Vulture, Vulture2, gull, T2 -> can't be equipped. i guess it's ok, so we can tone down things, like insane speed (and that's one of the big problems why weapons can't hit, coupled with the high accel).

B69, B72T, B01-BIRDIE, B81, B04-BIRDIE2 -> only be used Ninja . well, all i can say that the speed would be ala AC3, AC3SL..just with a boost accel stat.

tried out the B81 on my AC, gives me a 365 kph dash speed, not bad..since i have a 700+ surplus weight (is that already underweight? Unsure ). and i can REALLY feel the OB of my HELIOS..807 kph LOL

with regards to weapons restriction, its much like our regulations, only the RS will be available only on tanks..

if we will try the jap-LR rules.. the BIRDIE2 would replace the TP...hehehe

so i think..it is not bad after all.

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Definitely something to try for casual play. But not something I personally want for a tourney (though I won't mind if it does happen. I'll use a tank for sure though!). LR is LR. No point trying to make it more like NX or NB or even SL.
hehehe...right NiX, LR is LR..just toning it down. we cannot make it an AC3 or SL thing.

just give the jap-LR rules a spin NiX Salute

right now, i'm getting comfortable with it (coz' i always use the BIRDIE2, followed by the BIRDIE and B81 Ninja ..i never got used with the uber VULTURE2, TP... maybe the VULTURE, will be acceptable for me though. others boosters, don't have the taste for it)

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
Of course I wanna try the rules. I've stated that several times. And that's why I started this topic in the first place.

In most cases with these rules, VULTURE2 (uber? O_O) can simply be replaced with BIRDIE2 anyway. I'm just saying that I personally don't think it "fixes" LR much. Japan was probably just trying to avoid their early days of LR where everyone was sporting TPs, UAs and hangered HPs.
oops!.. sorry sir NiX, very sorry.. Facepalm

i just feel very more comfy with the rules...

the reason why i stated the VULTURE2 is uber (but not literally) its bcoz has high boost power (which makes your AC have 400+ kph in numerous designs), good accel, low charge drain, low booster heat...although its a little heavy (300+ weight, but not too much heavy)...and its one of the most used boosters in the game (correct me if i'm wrong).

btw, i tried the B81 with your AC, GAGAMBA.. um...ok for me though, its movement are still quick. has more dash time to track enemy with the grenade launcher, etc.

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
There's some really unusual designs from nix's post.
Single wield, Back cannon on a piped, No arm weapons etc
Lots of unusual designs indeed. A lot of them have arm missiles too, I think.
The arm missiles thing makes sense, though. They were always a good part (the l arm one anyways).
It's just cool cuz we don't see enough of it.

There's a quad with dual H3s. I wonder how that'll fare, haha.
Tried out the rules really really briefly a while ago with Grim and Leperman. Maybe less than 10 matches all in all.

My initial impression is that most ACs on VULTURE2 can switch to BIRDIE2 while ACs on GULL can use to B81. Of course it'd have been better if we designed around these rules instead of making simple conversions, but we just couldn't given the limited time. Anyway, with these cooler boosters, HAZEL was actually more than enough for most designs. And since everyone's speed is restricted, it actually didn't feel any different from playing how we normally play. It's really just tanks and hovers that get a bit of a boost.

Definitely different from the PACT/AC US philosophy, but they're not a bad set of rules.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LR: PACT 3 Rules NiX 72 96,400 11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman