Current time: 04-20-2024, 09:53 PM
(PSP) Fate Unlimited Codes
Reasons to play it:

1. It is like Guilty Gear. It has the RC and JC system.
2. It is by Capcom.
3. Saber and Rin
4. You can sidestep, and the inputs are dynamic.

So play plz. It's JPN only for now but the menus are in english.
Hm... I've tried my hand at it on somebody else's PSP.

What I observed:
- To be more accurate, it's quite reminiscent of the system of Metly Blood, Act Cadenza (with respect to the special moves and how the bulk of the combo mechanics work). It even has a trigger-able "Heat" or EX mode where somehow your character's attributes are boosted and/or a certain special move becomes available for use.
- If you guys are familiar with the Hollow Altraxia scenario, Fate/Unlimited Codes (i think) follows this story.
- Fortunately or unfortunately most of the characters feel similar when it comes to building your basic gatling combos, command lists are all nearly the same style but does something different (at least I think so) depending on the character. This is a very Capcom-like format so fans of Capcom fighters are likely to feel at home on this subject. I'm pretty hardcore Guilty Gear so I'm not too happy with finding out about that.
- I did notice however that aside from the usual power bar that builds up as you fight that there are certain characters with a second (or even third for Bazette's case) status bar of sorts. Archer has a UBW bar that indicates how much of his UBW spell is complete, Kotomine has some sort of stock item which he can use, Bazette has two bars which are likely indicators to her Noble Phantasm. This will probably be the defining feature of how the characters are different.

What I think so far:
- Having a difficult time of getting the hang of it (so far I've gotten upto 8 to 10 hit combos) I decided to check out some vids on youtube and lo I found the usual 30++ hit combos that can take out at least half of your life bar. Thankfully there's some damage scaling in this game.
- It looks like the characters are quite different after all but from the looks of it Archer will be owning this game most of the time since he can do high damaging combos and even keep good pressure on you with all the arrows he can take out as an okiezeme (unless the Holy Grail ver of Sakura can teleport fast enough to get around that arrow spam).
- So far from what I can tell the system mostly covers learning big arse combos and doing it, a lot. Not too sure how well developed the system is on a technical aspect as there seems to be no way to shake out of being combo-raepd. I suppose defense is pretty much either blocking, parrying or dodging which don't seem to be too rewarding as recovery time is kinda crappy.

I'm going to download it and try it again this time to fight sentient opponents. I think a lot of thought's been put into the system but balance and the overall score may vary later on for me.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BT6JH6MQmKQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BT6JH6MQmKQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks really cool, but I'm not a fan of fighting games that require me to memorize unreasonably long combo strings. -_-
Did some reading around, it seems in terms of high level play in Japan the tier list is as follows.

God: Gilgamesh

S: Rin, Lancer (debatable)
A: Saber, Caster, Archer (though Caster and Archer are debatable)
B: Everyone else
Bottom: Berserker, Sakura, Assassin

The console unlockable characters were not included in the list. The fact that there's a god tier to begin with isn't a good sign.
God tier...? Well it's true that I didn't handle Gil yet.

But yeah, if it ends up to be like that. I suppose it'll be dismissed as a lulz game.
Been recently addicted to this game(thanks to Jake) It's really fun, the combos are piss hard to do, but satisfying when you get them right.
Just got this to work on my PSP upon upgrading to the l8est firmware. I think I'm gona lyk this game, cuz of its similarities to Marvel VS and GGX games. Let's play PVP on RR aniversary.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
(06-24-2009, 09:46 PM)Aruren Wrote: God tier...? Well it's true that I didn't handle Gil yet.

But yeah, if it ends up to be like that. I suppose it'll be dismissed as a lulz game.

He's very beatable by the other top tier characters in high level play, but for noob vs noob Gil pwns.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMkae4EwsJc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMkae4EwsJc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Damn, Archer looks kewl. Unlimited blade works rox!

Edit: Just tried to do do some of the madness in the vid a while back. Now I'm totaly stumped at the unlimited dept of this character. He's changing stance mid combo and cancelling combo enders with unlimited blade works casting.. This is going to take some time..
Archer is the shit to use. Tongue

hehe, looks like we're using the same char.

actually before this game came out I already had archer in mind since...well just see my sig here for details.
I will get a PSP for this.

This alone. Big grin
Archer high level PVP

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/txKHg6LoLQE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/txKHg6LoLQE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-X6zbg_Z5Dw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-X6zbg_Z5Dw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Another Archer PVP, not as high level as the last one, but he does pull of UBW stringed at a combo. Notice the change of BGM as he chanted the 2nd to the last line of the UBW prayer. I like small details like this.
hehe the song changes if u reach "yet those hands" part.

check out 138(name of archer player) he's effin good.

can do a certain combo that leads to a caladbolg shot for 95 percent health bar already..only 40 percent consistent though(not the combo, me.). its hard. busted my thumb too.

need to learn the cancels with archer. once those are down, everything's more or less gg. Tongue

looking forward to some mirror matches with yah Jason
@Mark: Havin a hard tym timing those button presses, havnt pressed that fast since melty blood, and I hav'nt got a hang of his archer stance too. BTW what's your staple Archer combo?

Mine

Blade stance:
2, d+2, 3, d+3, (b,f)+2, uf 1, 2, jc 1, 2, 3

UBW combo(must be done one last line b4 UBW completion)
2, d+2, 3, UBW cast(d,f,d,f)+2, d+1, 2, d+2, 3, d+3, (b,f)+2, (HG cancel)1+2+3, UBW
mine's short, but kinda stronger. the starter is kinda had to land tho.

f+2, 3, d+3, bf2, uf 1,2 dd3(change to bow), ff1(the three arrow burst since its the fastest), caldbolg shot.

well thats the staple that does the most damage. if i want guaranteed, d1, 2 comes first then the combo above follows. still in progress tho. but found out today that i got 3 times more consistent with it. if the first combo lands, takes out 95 percent bar.

i dont wanna delve into the UBW stuff yet, as most archer players dont even use it honestly. 138(the best one ive watched so far) always uses caladbolg as the finisher. ubw chants for him are just feints in to tmaking the opp think he's gonna go for more chants. but, i can just apply the above combos to a ubw death string anyway Tongue

haha we're so GAR for archer right now. well, he's one of my 3 most fave anime/game chars anyway(itachi, archer,vergil) LOL

found out that hrunting(dfdf1 when in bow mode) can start a combo.

and YES, my thumb is still busted. I'm really not used to playing with the pace that this game has, I remembered that the one fighting game I played before that had some pace close to this was mvc using strider.

to be honest this game is better suited for the younger people. >.<

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fate/Apocrypha soon to be announced? Serene 2 4,536 11-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Fate Stay Night Doom Trigger 8 9,590 11-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Doom Trigger