Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:24 PM
Flash games
Instant gratification
Lately I've been playing flash games, a lot. So much so that I find them sometimes more addictive than commercial games at times, but they sometimes lack some of the deep gameplay of the former. There are exceptions to this however, but anyway here is a thread where we can share our favorite flash games. We already have a couple on the forums thanks to the Arcade function with the classic pac-man, but maybe we can go a little beyond that for this thread.

So to start, here are some favorites with corresponding genres:

Strategy

Mastermind: World Conquerer: http://armorgames.com/play/2409/mastermi...-conqueror

This is by far, one of the most stylish and awesome strategy games I've played. You're pretty much a starting out mad scientist bent on destroying the world, but of course destroying the world as an evil-doer isn't easy. You have under your command, your loyal minions who will rob gas stations (when you're at a low level) to give you money. You can have evil generals consisting of various evil-doer stereotypes your side and order them to do some assassinations, kidnappings, and sabotage missions. If they fail, you can execute them in true evil overlord style. The feel of the game is one very stylish cartoon, and the voice acting is top-notch especially for a flash game. I highly recommend playing this game.

Warfare 1717: http://armorgames.com/play/2267/warfare-1917

A WWI Real-time Strategy game with emphasis on advance and retreat tactics using various units. You take command of an Allied battalion against a German offensive. I haven't really gone far enough in the game to really comment on its finer aspects, but I have lot of fun with it.

Shooting

I have a soft spot for killing zombies, that's why I like the REsident Evil series, and others. To fill the time, here are some shooting games that you might enjoy:

The Last Stand: http://armorgames.com/play/269/the-last-stand
The Last Stand 2: http://armorgames.com/play/1443/the-last-stand-2

Beautifully made zombie shooting games with emphasis on some survival elements like searching for weapons and fellow survivors. Gun play is quite simple as you aim the mouse over the zombie you want to kill and keep shooting till its down.

Misc:

Music Catch: http://www.bubblebox.com/play/skill/1036.htm
Music Catch 2: http://www.bubblebox.com/play/skill/1299.htm

This one deserves special mention for just an awesome sound track. Just try it and hear its beauty.

I'd write about more flash games, but there's just a lot of them right now. Maybe some of you would like to share some favorites?
For RPG, I'd like to recommend Sonny 2. Though, you should play the first to get a better hang of the game, Sonny 2 is complex..sort of.
Pandemic 2

A strategy game where YOU are the sickness. You start off as either a virus, bacterium or parasite, then try to infect the whole world through a series of changes in the symptoms you cause as well as how infectious you are. You can't be too noticeable and strong all at once because people will try and find a cure for you, but you can't be too weak also because you won't get to infect any people outside the country that you start in. It's basically a numbers game.

Also, once you play the game, you'll be able to get this. LOL

---

Don't Look Back

A bit of an experimental game, this is a short platformer by Terry Cavanagh, creator of the Self Destruct shmup. This takes a pixelated man (or woman) on a journey to death and beyond. Or so I think.

---

Spewer

I haven't played this yet, but it looks really good.

TIGSource Wrote:Spewer is the latest release from Edmund McMillen, and in my opinion, his most mature… design-wise! Thematically, it’s a puzzle platform game about a lab animal that pukes and eats its own puke, which can easily serve as a metaphor for the way game designers are forced to consume and regurgitate each other’s ideas to get ahead, or how players are simply animals subjected to cruel experiments created by game developers. Or maybe it’s just gross and funny. Either way, the mechanic is fresh and is stretched very well across the game’s 50-odd levels. Big props to the game’s programmer, Eli Piilonen, who did some impressive work with the physics. It handles great.

The game runs in a browser and is also available as a standalone executable and Flash file.

---

N

Obligatory mention. Tongue
(05-08-2009, 12:48 PM)Grim Wrote: Also, once you play the game, you'll be able to get this. LOL
lol. I googled for people who finished the game and how, most said they fished for Madagascar as their starting point.

O and here's a shoop'd GIF. LOL
Cargo Bridge

This is a bridge-building game. You're going to construct gap-spanning walkways for your lemming-like guys to cross over and get precious cargo (and return with). You're bound by money and connector length constraints: you only have a set budget per level, and the planks that you lay down can only be up to a certain length. And a bridge that holds up with nothing on it isn't a sure win either: sometimes your constructions won't be able to take the weight of a few lemmings and their crates.

Real bridge physics action at it's finest!

[Image: twothumbsup.jpg]
Escape The Room

A point-and-click style game, reminiscent of the Monkey Island games. You're in a room, and you're trying to escape it. Plain and simple. But the game doesn't tell you why. It doesn't tell you how, either. Heck it doesn't tell you anything, and that does nothing but add to the mysterious atmosphere of the game.
Hey, I used to play that! Awesome game.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
waaah can only get halfway XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Plants vs. Zombies

An evil evil game.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
"canaballt"
http://armorgames.com/play/4457/canabalt

nice simple game with a good soundtrack and the name makes you wonder as to what "helped" them make this game LOL
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Games you are planning to play. Goat 466 659,206 03-31-2018, 07:31 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Mobile games thread Lord_Leperman 6 10,296 03-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Games "Like" Armored Core Lord_Leperman 1 4,613 03-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Top 5 games of all time Ar D'Leon 27 33,372 10-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Obscure/Retro Mech Games NiX 2 14,008 10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Goat
  5 Ways Video Games are Turning You Into an Addict Sforza 5 9,355 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Last Post: clonezero
  3D Mode on All PS3 Games Grim 3 7,086 09-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  NDS Emulator Games Shintetsu 5 9,369 06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Sforza
  E3 2009 games announced atdsutm 8 14,174 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Hempire
  On games journalism Grim 0 3,562 08-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Grim