Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:11 PM
Graphic Novels
since there's a manga thread
Hrm. Let's talk about Graphic Novels in this thread since most of threads for individual titles don't get much attention anyway.

So far I've read Y - The Last Man, Watchmen, and a few others. I haven't read that many because I was into manga first.

I'm currently halfway through the Sandman series. Very interesting, well written stuff.

Anything else you guys can recommend?
(10-01-2008, 06:33 PM)NiX Wrote: Anything else you guys can recommend?

Fable. Good stuff.

I have around 5 gigs of stuff that's waiting to be read, but I stubbornly refuse to open the files until I have a real life hard copy (except for the really hard to find/complete stuff). Spend on your vices as they say, even though they're wallet-busting expensive.

The really famous ones I've read:
The Killing Joke
Stardust
V for Vendetta
Watchmen

Collecting:
Fable
Sandman
Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse

Wants:
Hush
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Y - The Last Man
David Boring....cause i wanna be a PUA so bad Shades haha....HELP!
Not sure if this should be here, but....

I Just finished Trese, a Filipino graphic novel series (currently at book 4)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trese

Think american gods mixed with hellsing using Filipino folklore as the monsters. Nothing too special, but it's a funky step for Filipino comics.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
I remember reading Wasted for the filipino books. There's not much else back then. A lot of creators were adopting manga style and it'sa bit of a turn off.

The Ultimates(Millar & Hitch)
Kingdom Come
WE3
Wanted
TMNT: Soul's Winter
Saw a copy of the Marvel adaptation of Electric Ant in Book Sale for just P350 some time ago. Should've bought it. =/
I was reading the first couple volumes of Empowered back in 2010. Didn't go for the further ones since it wasn't that interesting by the end. Last two books that i read this year were Damnation Crusade and Lone Wolves, both from the Black Library.

I still have my old copy of The Death of Superman here, circa 1994. Cover's pretty badly beaten up though. Sad
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Magic the Gathering novels clonezero 0 2,783 09-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Last Post: clonezero