Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:56 PM
Soul Calibur 4
To you guys who are playing it, I have a question.

Which characters do you use? I'd like to know so I can prepare for your characters ahead of time and give you good matches LOL

To be fair, I use Amy as a main and Kilik as secondary. I'm trying to learn Tira, but Ivy/Setsuka seem far more interesting.

I know Mark is a Sieg player. Sieg's have been doing really well in tournaments in the States as of late.
I don't have SC4 (nor a system to play it), but I use Yoshi when I get to play.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
i use cervantes and takes advantage of crushes and stuns

and oh this SC4 online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iis8IcH9j14
have you tried it jake?
i use siege as my primary and kilik as my secondary,pero nilalaro ko lang ay SC3 sa ps2 at arcadeNinja
NO! I use the apprentice!! *sarcasm*

But yeah, i main as siggy as usual...been using the freaking midget since soul blade/edge days....As u guys know, I usually main one char, so you at least have an idea what to doSmile
Personaly I use Mitsurugi, Sieg and Knightmare. My personal fav is Ivy(been using her since she apeared)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvFtV11MUrs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvFtV11MUrs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But I used Astaroth as my Tower of lost soul char almost in it's entirety..
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
My last Soul Calibur game was 3. Hopefully things haven't changed too much.

I used Raphael, Lizardman and Sophitia. Wanted to learn Setsuka but never got around to it.
Top: Cassandra, Sophitia, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Ivy, Amy.

Middle, which could go up or down very easily depending on what's found: Kilik, Maxi, Xianghua, Algol, Voldo, Lizardman, Seong Mina, Tira, Zasalamel, Siegfried,Astaroth, Hilde, Taki.

Low: Talim, Rock, Yun Seong, The Apprentice, Raphael, Nightmare.

or

Good: Cassandra, Setsuka, Voldo (so much better), Lizardman (goes for him too), Sophitia, Yoshi, Ivy, Algog(?), Cervantes, Mitsu(?)

Average: X, Kilik, Seoung-Mina, Talim, Amy, Raphael, Astaroth, Apprentice, Yun Seoung, Siegfried, Taki

Bad: Rock, Tira, Nightmare

these are some theorethical tiers from calibur forums
I saw the threads for tiers. There's no sense in making tiers if there haven't been many tournaments in the states yet. If you go to calibur forums, look at the tournament results and not the tiers for now.

People can't even agree on things like whether Hilde is broken for macro/shoulder button users. the only thing that's sure at the moment is...

IVY IS BROKEN LOL WSB is banned in all tournaments. What people were disagreeing on is whether to allow its use in one combo per round, except for the infinite.
talim... yes the Filipino can Smile
I dropped Tira out of frustration. It's like playing Ling without the pheonix stance. Let me explain this rant.

Basically, she has two stances. One JS (jolly) and GS (gloomy). The gloomy is where nearly every single damaging move is. JS has about uh, 2. The problem is, a lot of the most useful GS moves are self-damaging, and they even revert back to JS automatically. To get to GS, the player needs to either get a successful taunt off, depend on 50% luck off a hit on combo, or get beaten up.

Tira also has no pressure game, a weak oki game and a mediocre mix-up game. A lot of her most damaging moves are super punishable so they need to be done off a counter-hit combo. No long range keep-outs either, aside from the standard launcher types. The player will have to end up depending on about ten good moves to win, and it won't even be an easy win.

I'd put her at low-mid tier. Very fun to play though.

/endrant
Pardon the noobishness, but is there any other way to peroform a crouch other than holding block and pressing down? I'm having a hard time executing while rising moves.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
i dont know, but i think that the only way or other moves that put you into crouching

WS are my bread and butter techniques
Use a TC (tech crouch) poke like the standard 2A and 2K, or try getting hit by something that will make you crouch LOL

I'm more annoyed at not being able to switch manually without using a shoulder button as "switch"
they should have put them in r3

anyways i just didn't like the moveset for each char here

its like they're deducting more moves as the series goes by
and chars like cervantes's gameplay slowly is limiting and im running out of mixups

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soul Saga: Episode 1 RoninFang 0 3,283 02-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Soul Calibur V atdsutm 1 3,885 01-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Mjting
  (PSP) Soul Calibur Broken Destiny Sforza 6 9,168 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Immaterial
  Soul Summoner Grim 5 6,097 07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Grim