Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:19 PM
Red Alert 3
update on beta:

from what i have heard...

Allies
-has the classic CnC style build system

Soviet
-semi Classic CnC style build system , but you place structure immediately and there it construct at that spot (beware that you cant build defensive tower in front of the enemy as they can shoot it, unlike allies)

Japan
-Completely different build style which copies the zerg or night elf style of building.

Notes:
-the menu and the interface is doesn't look as good as RA2.
-gameplay looks balance and unit has high lethality with more hard counters instead of soft counters.
-slow economy system and players can harrass a lot of ways
-scouting is possible and gives more tactical gameplay to each factions
-turtling is harder since tier 3 artillery are too good.

As of now the game looks very promising in the multiplayer aspects and i can only hope they could improve on the interface and others.

here are some screenshots
http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/por...hots-day-1
i just got the BETA!!!

WEEEEE!!!!!!!

WootWootWootWoot
Japan is the most interesting faction to play
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/command-con...9356160028

what a great review OMG!!!!!
I never trust early reviewers from mainstream sites. They're probably paid to market the game.

BTW, RA3 comes with SecuROM, EAs DRM program. If you're going to get it for PC, do not get original. It'll screw up your computer, and you'll only get 5 installs.
aaah boss jake wats SecuROM? DRM program ... nani?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

SecuROM is a CD/DVD copy protection product, most often used for computer games running under Microsoft Windows, developed by Sony DADC. SecuROM aims to resist home media duplication devices, professional duplicators, and reverse engineering attempts. The newest versions (v4 and up) prevent 1:1 CD-R copies from being made. Certain programs can circumvent its protection. The use of SecuROM is controversial because certain aspects of the protection are similar to functions of malware, and users are not always informed when SecuROM is included with a product. A class action suit has been filed against Electronic Arts for this very issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securom#Controversies
oh ty for the info
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

i was laughing about the review

the guy never talk most about the game mechanics and only loved the game because there are titties and laser guns coming out of a statue's mouth............
he also complained about the game being too fast. he complained about warnings being pointless as your units get killed quickly, i guess he didn't really know how to use the spacebar.

as one who played the beta, this game is too slow and too easy to play (compare playing it to SC). If this guy played SC2, we would have rated it like around 3/10, while this too simple game got around 92% overall.

He also didn't knew what he was talking about most of the time so...... FAIL review

not to mention the draconian securom, that punishes the customers instead of the pirates. and also the same as renting the game instead of buying one.

my advice: torrent this, and lets play SC/SC2 at garena
http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/por...scores-big

the counter review

ill post later about my comment
That's always true about these reviewers. Normally when they play these deep games, they don't have any idea what they're getting into. If you read early SC2 reviews, you'll see a lot of them complaining about how they were demolished by what they thought were "professional players" during the blizzard conventions. In actuality, those "pros" were just decent SC players who just applied their solid SCBW mechanics to SC2.
http://radarnation.gamesradar.com/thread...6&tstart=0

the final showdown of the reviewer and the counter reviewer

Dan = The retard reviewer
AGM = The guy counter reviewing the other guy

i love these kinds of arguments where each person tries to provoke the other.Domo
i just bought a full installation CD of Red Alert 3 on green hills Smile
pirated or real?
How's the game? I think I plan on playing this to pass time; heard it has some new neat functions for single player. And I think the game's DLable already.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
(11-06-2008, 12:09 AM)maitreya Wrote: How's the game? I think I plan on playing this to pass time; heard it has some new neat functions for single player. And I think the game's DLable already.

The game was ok but not awesome, it lacks the sense of seriousness and realism unlike C&C3 and past RAs even though they have the same sci-fi war setting. Something just seems off Glare

BTW feel free to call this game as "The Circus Wars" or "Attack of the Boobies" LOL

Domo Domo Domo
Ninja Ninja 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  red alert 2 beastkiller 0 2,640 11-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Last Post: beastkiller