Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:37 PM
Phantasy Star Portable
So many good games coming out! Phantasy Star Portable is going to be one of them. From my usual source of gaming news:

eXophase Wrote:[Image: phantasystarportablekd1.jpg]

As promised, SEGA has released a playable demo of its forthcoming PSP action RPG Phantasy Star Portable. Weighing in at a hefty 300MB, the Japanese-only demo gives players a taste of both single and ad-hoc multiplayer gameplay, as well as the game’s extensive character customization system. Saved character profiles can be transferred over to the final retail release when it hits on July 31, which is a particularly neat feature if you ask us.

Again, we must stress that the demo is entirely in Japanese and is rather text-heavy to boot. Let’s hope that a localized release is on the cards. PSP owners in America and Europe are yearning for more quality RPGs.

Download Phantasy Star Portable Demo
200K sales in the first week! I wonder if this'll be as massive as MH.
March 2009, baby!

http://exophase.com/psp/phantasy-star-po...9-8321.htm
(08-03-2008, 11:13 AM)Grim Wrote: 200K sales in the first week! I wonder if this'll be as massive as MH.

Just what SEGA needed. They are really having a hard time keeping up with the recent losses and weak titles. The same reason why they didn't gamble and gave up on AC4FA.
Ninja Ninja 
strange looking at the title ./.. the font resembles that of MH ... hmmm marketing strategy LOL
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Who else is playing this great game/eroge character creation sim? The game is a lot like MHP2G and the .hack PS2 series combined. It's a lot like playing an MMO, but it's very fun! Mostly because of the character design options and a lot of weapons.

For those that do play, what race and type is your main character?

Here's mine. She's named Izella. She's a CAST (cyborg)/gunmaster (secondary job protranser) and a loli forever because I didn't know that you can change everything except body measurements after creation.

Here's her costume change progression:
[Image: snap000.jpg] [Image: snap002.jpg]

[Image: izzyizzy.jpg]

Post yours! Big grin
One of my friends made a Strike Noir type character. He's actually the same race as my loli. Just goes to show the variations in possible character design choices.

[Image: 000003.jpg]
I made a Char (No spike shoulders yet though)! Multi-role CAST combatant. Right now he's trying to be a Fightmaster.

[Image: snap003.png]

And a Sophie :3 Who is a Human force user (mage/magic user in the game).

[Image: snap001.png]
lol soo any help for anyone starting out XD

it has a slight xenosaga feel to it

Am actually adicted to this also, but still starting out(only at lvl 12). My char is a warior type human, but am nao realy thinking hard of dumping this char for a female cast warrior(cast has more HP). Aparently ppl, here are cast users as well. BTW what are the pros of casts vs human warriors?
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
(03-12-2009, 09:03 PM)Doom Trigger Wrote: Am actually adicted to this also, but still starting out(only at lvl 12). My char is a warior type human, but am nao realy thinking hard of dumping this char for a female cast warrior(cast has more HP). Aparently ppl, here are cast users as well. BTW what are the pros of casts vs human warriors?

Play as a beast if you're going to choose hunter/fighmaster. They get good stat bonuses to all stats, and have a nanoblast ability (super saiyan mode).

Humans are very average in all stats. If you compare them with Casts, Casts have more hp (by very little, just around 1 hit more) and are more accurate. Humans have much better TP (MP for spells) and evasion.

Also, Casts are very overused already D:
@Jake: Tnx for the reply. I think I'll go ahead and start with a new beast char. Better start grinding, from what I've seen you guys are way out of my leagueChair.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
Threads merged. I'm playing as a CAST Ranger too, but I haven't fully gotten into the game yet. Still busy with work and SF4 at the moment. Ninja

Rick, I like that Sophie. Big grin
Is the level cap for this the same as PSU for the PS2?

If it is...this will be fun.
I do wish we could still make our own weapons, though...

I miss farming Crea Doubles...
Jade: Ah, the scent of love is in the air.
Luke & Tear: Love?!
Mieu: I don't smell anything. What's it smell like? Apple gels?
Jade: More like a certain young religious leader.

-from a ToA skit... (related to current avvie...just read the skit yourself and you'll get it)
New costume again. I shopped in my friend's character to show our size difference LOL

[Image: redgreen.jpg]
guestion can there be hybrids??

I wanna make something like a ranger/summoner build from rf XP

if no (most probably) wats a good way to go if you wanna be a gunner?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phantasy Star Online 2 Goat 155 182,035 11-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (MHP3) HayWire 110 164,333 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage Twin-Skies 4 7,315 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Star Ocean 4 atdsutm 0 3,138 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Super Stardust Portable Grim 0 3,683 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM