Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:41 PM
It's official: Activision Blizzard now in business
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Activision-Bliz...aid/122045

Quote:Since the day the merger was announced, Vivendi and Activision Games have finally completed all the transactions required to become Activision Blizzard. In a press release that was sent out recently, Activision Blizzard is touted as the "world's most profitable pure-play online and console game publisher."

Sounds like a pretty big claim, but we can see why with Activision Blizzard shares currently at US$ 27.50. However, it's not all about the profits. Robert Kotick, President and CEO of Activision Blizzard explained that the merging opens up a lot of possibilities in the gaming industry for the two companies:

By combining leaders in mass-market entertainment and subscription-based online games, Activision Blizzard has leading market positions across all categories of the rapidly growing interactive entertainment software industry.

As it stands right now, Vivendi (who owns Blizzard) is now a subsidiary of Activision, and currently owns 295.3 shares of Activision stock. Vivendi will also buy 62.6 million shares in the future, and will end up laying claim on 52 percent of Activision stocks.

What can we expect from the newly-formed Activision Blizzard then? As we have stated previously, there are the much-awaited titles such as Diablo 3, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, and even Guitar Hero. But will they also try and merge two of their franchises, perhaps? We're still waiting for our Guitar Hero meets World of Warcraft game, Actizard.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
No wonder Acitivision was delisted from the companies at the stock market.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
The only thing that really sucks about this is now Blizzard games will have the tag "Activision Blizzard" attached to them. Which doesn't really sound as good, or cool, as Blizzard Entertainment.

But, whatever. It's all about the games right? As long as they release D3 I'm going to be happy.
two very good companies merge. i hope they'll do better versus a certain crappy rival
haha.....certainly hope so
theGrim Wrote:The only thing that really sucks about this is now Blizzard games will have the tag "Activision Blizzard" attached to them. Which doesn't really sound as good, or cool, as Blizzard Entertainment.

But, whatever. It's all about the games right? As long as they release D3 I'm going to be happy.

Based on what I've read so far, it was actually Blizz, not parent company Vivendi, calling the shots on the merger. That would explain the name even if it was Vivendi that's technically merging with Activision.

Activision's PR dudes have repeatedly stated that they won't be meddling with how Blizzard currently runs their games. While it's all good, I wish they would even a little. They own the licensing for Guitar Hero after all, and the WoW fans would kill to get an actualy bard class in-game, as Blizz had joked about last April 1.

[Image: Blizzard-Bard-Class-02.jpg]
[Image: Blizzard-Bard-Class-01.jpg]
Twin-Skies Wrote:Activision's PR dudes have repeatedly stated that they won't be meddling with how Blizzard currently runs their games.

What a great decision. It takes years of really good work to get to where Blizzard currently is reputation-wise, and only one small fuck-up by any outsider trying to snag some level of control in the creative or production process to ruin all that.

Activision has its own massively successful titles to worry about, so keeping their heads on straight while combining financial muscle and market reach should really be good for business.
theGrim Wrote:
Twin-Skies Wrote:Activision's PR dudes have repeatedly stated that they won't be meddling with how Blizzard currently runs their games.

What a great decision. It takes years of really good work to get to where Blizzard currently is reputation-wise, and only one small fuck-up by any outsider trying to snag some level of control in the creative or production process to ruin all that.

Activision has its own massively successful titles to worry about, so keeping their heads on straight while combining financial muscle and market reach should really be good for business.

But...but I want a hard-rocking bard class!Fear

And Activision probably know more about face-melting than Blizz does.
Twin-Skies Wrote:
theGrim Wrote:The only thing that really sucks about this is now Blizzard games will have the tag "Activision Blizzard" attached to them. Which doesn't really sound as good, or cool, as Blizzard Entertainment.

Based on what I've read so far, it was actually Blizz, not parent company Vivendi, calling the shots on the merger. That would explain the name even if it was Vivendi that's technically merging with Activision.

Activision's PR dudes have repeatedly stated that they won't be meddling with how Blizzard currently runs their games. While it's all good, I wish they would even a little. They own the licensing for Guitar Hero after all, and the WoW fans would kill to get an actualy bard class in-game, as Blizz had joked about last April 1.

[Image: Blizzard-Bard-Class-02.jpg]
[Image: Blizzard-Bard-Class-01.jpg]

OMG lol LOL

Serously though, first Square Enix, then Bandai Namco, now this?
Titans are forming together to become Voltron!
[Image: nines.jpg]
Black Dragon Wrote:Serously though, first Square Enix, then Bandai Namco, now this?

With the price of oil going up, it ain't cheap to make games. Smile
theGrim Wrote:
Black Dragon Wrote:Serously though, first Square Enix, then Bandai Namco, now this?

With the price of oil going up, it ain't cheap to make games. Smile

LOL I think it's wise too, to pool up resources.
[Image: nines.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's official: Jack Thompson to be disbarred Twin-Skies 2 4,033 10-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies
  The official Rockstar Games Wii Twin-Skies 2 4,085 12-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies