Armaments and Countermeasures:
Medusa | Anoku | - | - | RA2 | 76S | ~ | ~
Optional Enhancements:
Amino, ES, SS, Kissyoh, LA, L+, Codon, Marishi
Paint Scheme:
General: 28,28,28 | 200,80,50 | 200,50,50 | 0,200,150 | 60,70,95
Weapon Color:
General: Black | Black

Basically, the main thing here is the Anoku: should provide a working answer to that vulnerable gap you leave yourself open to after OBing past your opponent. Light, low drain parts all around to get that refresh.

Yes, the Gull + Lotus + Ananda combo rears its ugly head again, haha.
Yay! The AC feel on us is going back!

Lol is it just me, or your OP parts don't fit? Anyway, Get LA off; you don't have any missles with you. XD

Anyway, you might want to swap the 76S for the S2 shotgun, I think it's better imo. Less ammo, but less weight and more atk power and heat. I wouldn't recommend adding any back weapon either, since missles or pods are always the best thing to equip here, and they won't probably be that effective against human players. The parts layout are good in general (OBing, stability, coolong, whatever), so I don't think you should change it. I don't know your playstyle, but I always seem to get LW legs with high jumping capabilities, but not too high that would cause your AC to 'hardfall'. Or is that the reason why you had to tune the parts for cooling? So you could boost back?

BTW, I'm liking your AC. Haha, I wanna see NiX and you fight.
Yep, AC love is back.

I'll take this out for a spin a little later. Wink I'll try to take a vid.

And I'm much more proficient in Lotus+Gull+Ananda now than I ever was, so this should be good. Big grin
Haha. I can't use it well, may sumasabit kasi palagi na maliit na plastic sa loob ng controller ni Raffy. Tongue
Alright, I gave this one a try. I must say that it takes a lot of skill to use properly. I'm not really used to piloting superlights... or maybe because testing this against AIs such as Liger, Evangel, and Daemon isn't so reliable because they all have linear guns on their backs -_-

But yeah, it's really fun to use! I didn't find myself using ANOKU too often though because the legs already turn really fast as it is. It'd be best though if I were able to test this one against a human opponent.
Haha. Regarding the ANOKU, Grim probably played too much AC3 and AC3SL. XD
Goatling Wrote:swap the 76S for the S2 shotgun

I tried it out, and while the S2 might seem to be the better choice statistically, the rounds of the 76S seem much closer as a clump to me. S2 is a very good alternative though.

NiX, it's times like this I wish we could go on Kai.
Hahah oo nga Grim. When are you free? XD
I feel that the ANKOU is more of a defensive booster assistant for turtle ACs than a mobility enhancer for light ones.

For one, the usage drain is pretty high for a supplementary booster unit, which can be a problem especially because of the low battery cap of the LOTUS coupled with an OB core. This means that you'll be stuck in a far worse position after OBing then turn-boosting because of the extra stress coming from the energy requirements of both actions. In theory, smart opponents can exploit this weakness by simply rushing at your AC until it lacks the energy for movement. Sadly, I don't think the SG + Rifle combo will be enough of a deterrent for such situations, especially because the low shell defense of this AC makes it difficult to withstand hard hitting weapons. IMO, the JIREN is a better deal than the ANKOU for this design.

However, if you can pull it off properly (Like taking the appropriate amount of alcohol before a battle, and it worked for Roy Focker Macross: DYRL Tongue), you may be able to always catch your opponent off guard by constantly getting behind them at close range. Be careful though, the turn-boosters can become rather uncontrollable in tense situations where you have to balance mobility with your energy reserves while gunning down opponents at the same time.

If you are intent on keeping the ANKOU then I suggest attaching a back mounted Radar for near real-time tracking of your opponents (RA2 works best IMO because it zooms in at around 200m, just at combat range) and be able to turn boost when needed. Also, I think the RA2 rifle can be substituted with the R2 rifle to save on weight, while the SG can be changed to the NIX, but that's just me.

Overall, its a light AC with speed as its armor, and with weapons geared to dish out more damage the closer it gets to its opponent. The turn boosters are something of a double edged sword, and should be used with great care and if you definitely know what you're doing. Finally, its a design that would take great skill to master, but can be workable once the skill of turn-boosting has been perfected.

(Sorry for the other reviews, this was the last AC I was able to test before my TV died.) Oh, and if you guys are meeting one day, mind if I tag along? Big grin
Lord_Leperman Wrote:For one, the usage drain is pretty high for a supplementary booster unit, which can be a problem especially because of the low battery cap of the LOTUS coupled with an OB core.

That's why my main idea in building this was to keep it all light and low on drain, to aid in refresh. The removal of the capacitor increase optional part also helped a lot in making the bar climb right back up.

Quote:In theory, smart opponents can exploit this weakness by simply rushing at your AC until it lacks the energy for movement.

And in theory, I could not use the turn boosters when I know they're on to me, or in close range. Hehe.

The Anoku boosters aren't there for aggressively out-turning the opponent in close quarters, because like Nix said the legs will do that job just fine. I put them on more for the occasional surprise attack after a fly-by, because I need all the hits I can get in.

I also realize that it's not the most safe or efficient design in the book, but I've played through plenty enough of those already. Besides, turn boosting has been neglected since SL; I thought I'd give it a quick surge of life for a while lol.

Quote:Oh, and if you guys are meeting one day, mind if I tag along? Big grin

When oh when... personally I'm fully booked next week. >_<
Helios and I can't seem to just get along. /UL or UL2 seem to make this AC much easier... and with CAMS too and hangers too.

A82SL is also a good substitute for the FL arms for as long as you have weight to spare, but you probably already knew that. Tongue I just happen to like 82SL more than FL.

S2+RA/RA2 is also a good alternative to the Eye3.

Anyways, here's a vid of me using a variant of this AC: (/UL as the Core. No deeks equipped. 82SL Arms)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOTWkeDmulA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOTWkeDmulA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Obviously, I didn't do so well against Liger. LGL is a nasty enemy. XD

Oh, and after using this AC, I can now say that I hate the magazine system hahaha.
Thanks Nix. I'm realizing more and more that a Nymphe or Spartoi pack may be in order.
I'll def have to post up my design one of these days hehe
"Stand tall, shake the Heavens"

Back of case of "Xenogears"
Oh and Grim, in the vid, I opted for /UL for an OB that's relatively similar to HELIOS. Sorry if I mangled your design though. XD