Current time: 03-29-2024, 08:09 PM
a test charger and a thing
As a answer to the shortening amount of design idea's and also to my own desire to try something new here are two designs I would like you guys to critic ... as I just used the builder on this I don't have details for color scheme and tunes and on that I would like your help too as I suck at effective tuning and I have no artistic skill.

AC Name: nooblite

Head: CR-H05XS-EYE3
Core: C06-EOS
Arms: CR-A89AG
Legs: LT02-BOAR2
Booster: built in
FCS: MF03-VOLUTE2
Generator: FUDOH
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: JIREN ENERGY PACK
Back Unit R: CR-WBW98G GRENADE LAUNCHER
Back Unit L: CR-WBW98G GRENADE LAUNCHER
Arm Unit R: CR-WH05RLA LINER RIFLE(AST)
Arm Unit L: CR-WL95G GRENADE RIFLE

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O71EC, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, CR-O86R+,
MARISHI,

planned ac color: PINK

This would be the ac I would be using to practice tank charging and soo how is it.

AC Name: Sazabi

Head: CR-H06SR2
Core: C04-ATLAS hanger
Arms: CR-A89AG
Legs: CR-LH96FA
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G84P
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E82SS2 SIDE SHIELD
Back Unit R: WB27O-HARPY2 ORBIT CANNON
Back Unit L: WB27O-HARPY2 ORBIT CANNON
Arm Unit R: WR05L-SHADE LASER RIFLE
Arm Unit L: WL15L-GRIFFON DUAL LASER RIFLE

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: YWL16LB-ELF3 LASER BLADE
CR-O69ES, O02-ORGANELLE, O07-PRIMER, O04-GOLGI, O05-HISTON, O06-PHAGE,
CR-O86R+,

ac color: red (>_>)
weapon color: black

name sake ac but I tried to make it usable as it also tots a blade that can a blader can use soo maybe I'll use this design to practice a jack of all trades method where after all weapons are gone I'll go ob blading optimistic yes but I wanna try it anyway...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

On Sazabi:

This design is a joke, right?
I really hope it is. Did you even test it?

You're not going to have enough energy to boost hop and shoot at the same time with two harpys. Two Harpy2s is also overkill, and quite useless because anything faster than a tank will be able to dodge everything easily. At the rate the shade drains energy, you're not even going to last two minutes firing continuously with the griffon.

Side shields in LR are useless and made of fail because they only work when you get shot in the side. You're going to be backtracking the whole time with this design anyway, since it'll be the only way you can perform decently at least until you run out of energy and can't use your own weapons.

On nooblite:

The RLA's damage/weight ratio is shite. The grenade rifle's lockbox size and lock-on time is shite. If you're using the RLA to expand the lockbox of the grenade rifle, use a lighter weapon with a big lock instead, like the HP. If you're not, then change both. Besides, you already have the grenade launcher.
no comment for sazabi at is was meant to be a name sake ac....

aaah on the tank the rla was meant for redundancy ... and can right arm weapons make for a larger lock box I thought its was the left arm weapon??? anyway Im rather aware of the small lock box and that was intentional as this was meant to be a practice ac more than anything...

anyway so how do you think I can improve it?

Apple, I'm quite surprised at the amount of information you know about the game. How long have you been playing LR?

Anyway.

Nooblite:

FCS etc.
Tanks benefit greatly from a bigger lock-box. So as pointed out earlier, it would be very beneficial for you to swap your left arm weapon to something that has a WS lock such as the HP or NIX. In addition, you will maximize the lock-box enhancing ability of your left arm weapon by changing the FCS to the F73H since its horizontal lock-type, and above average overall lock-box size will help compensate for your tank's slow turning rate and poor mobility. If you want a square lock-box, the I suggest the VOLUTE.

Supporting weapons:
As for weapons, the 98G is a very good choice for a primary back mount, but the supporting weapons need a bit more refinement to be effective. For the right hand instead of the RLA, why not try the lighter 93RL? It has more ammo, and its much much lighter, allowing more space for different weapons, or change the legs...

Legs:
...into the LHT92. Your generator + radiator combo doesn't seem to agree with your tank's built in booster system. You've got an ultra low heat generator with a mid-low output on a low heat, and semi-high EN drain booster system with low heat. The result is the AC does not have enough regular boosting mobility because of a low output generator and a high drain booster that isn't that fast, it just runs very cool. Though I know some people would prefer this design method for hot OB startups, but I don't think its necessary for tanks. The LHT92 balances things out by having an ultra low booster drain and at the same time giving a high booster output at the expense of high heat. The high heat is counteracted by the low calorific value of the FUDOH, making the whole setup pretty stable for a tank even while its OB-ing or boosting.

To summarize:
Legs->LHT92
FCS-> F73H
Right Arm->93RL
Left Arm-> Something with a WS lock, like the HP or NIX (Or the R3 rifle if you can handle the slightly smaller lock-box)

Others:
-You can also drop the JIREN as well to save more weight. I don't think it is as necessary for energy management in the new design after the changes.

-Rather than redundancy of weapons, I think its better if you focus on having the right weapons for the right range. In this case, the 98G is your mid-long range weapon, and your arm weapons are your short to mid range weapons (Short if you're using the NIX). Your old weapon set was strictly mid-long to long range only because of the size of the lock-box.

-OB will definitely help maintain a proper fighting range, just make sure to know which weapon to choose at an appropriate time, and at an appropriate range (something like GL=Long-mid, Boom n' Zoom. RL+R3 or HP=Mid-short. NIX=Short). In addition, you can joust your opponent with the 98G, which is a good thing.
Lord_Leperman Wrote:Apple, I'm quite surprised at the amount of information you know about the game. How long have you been playing LR?

I've picked up LR around three to five times a week ever since my first post here because that same friend challenged me to another match after the primaries in the US are done since we're both volunteers for the Obama campaign. When I've had the time, I've read up on the technical threads here, on ACG and on ACO.

Before that, I've played AC3 and SL fairly heavily and I own a firmware modified PSP with FF. Sorry for being off topic a bit on the design thread.

Oh, and I'm actually also disappointed that AC gameplay isn't being discussed as much anymore here on RR.
thanks for the input when I have the time (and money) I'll try it out...

AppleHead Wrote:that same friend challenged me to another match after the primaries in the US are done since we're both volunteers for the Obama campaign.

We can help, design-wise or strategy-wise. Wink

Though its prolly best to make a new thread about it. The current thread is already derailed as is (My apologies Clonezero).
Oh, it's similar to my Eclipse, well it had two Harpy2, also it uses two Roc4, I think you change the two Laser Rifles to a solid weapon If you want the Harpy2 to stay also the Atlas.
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
try lx for the firepower since u hav a big lockbox
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
hmmm this is an ob type tank ac so the lx's drain would suck but ... if I keep the fudoh keep the en supply because a ob + lx combo's gonna drain me like hell and just keep light close range weapons for my arms >_> hmmm hp for the left and machinegun for the right or vice versa ... but man Im gonna have ammo problems >>> better start saving up for a few rounds on the shop or ~~~ BOSS GRIM LARO NAMAN TAYO MINSAN XD

Ey It's been a long time, ey can I join????

Anway 'bout that tank AC, ey you still remember the AC design that I gave you?? try that, or if you still want it, ummmmm, try a Geryon3 and a Lamia or LGL
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
geyron3 would be best as Im still starting in the ways of the OB XD

I think you're better off with the GL on a jouster since you don't have to manage your energy for both your weapons and OB. This will allow you to be constantly on the move while firing at your opponent, since you don't have to divide your energy on weapons and movement. Firing your EN weapon (any back mount EN weapon with huge EN drain) while OBing will put some serious strain on your generator, and may lead to serious mobility problems when you reach the "charging" status.

The back EN weapons are quite effective on non-OB tanks with high EN output though.
okay guess it won't work then back to dual gls

OB tanks with energy weapons is viable, as shown by Booyaka, but it takes serious OB specialization.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AC:LR Test Ac 1? Mjting 12 13,512 08-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TMRaven
  AC:LR Test 2 Mjting 7 8,109 07-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  LR : (AC test/ prototype NEXT) taurustrin 0 3,502 12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Last Post: taurustrin