Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:08 PM
Your most memorable gaming moments
(09-18-2009, 10:54 PM)Goat Wrote: Not exactly my most memorable, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it when I recently remembered this (now that I've gotten very curious about it).

A few months after I received my very own first PSX from my uncle, there was this game that caught my attention because it had mecha in it. Sadly, I couldn't remember the name. It's a Mechwarriorish game where you're ordered to explore some kind of moon base with your squad. It's a dungeon-crawler game with FPS elements. Anything farther than about 2-3 meters from your mech are all covered in black, making the atmosphere creepy.

I was a stupid brat back then, so I never had any idea wtf was happening, but after shooting down mechs and advancing through levels, there were monsters lurking the fuck around the base and appearing in front of you out of nowhere. I just had no idea what to do and where to head next, and I was running away from all of them in a maze!

Wasn't able to bear with the feeling of getting stalked by monsters (even if you're in a mech) while you're stranded in some kind of base. Got me into quitting the game because I got so scared. I'm sure it was with my copy of Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Lightning Slash when I gave the rest of my PSX games away.

Was it Brahma Force: Assault on Beltlogger 9?
Oh, I am not sure of what you are saying here but I have had the pleasure of playing the most exciting game of my life just a few days ago. I am sure that I am the very first in all of Khapalpakhstan to play it!

In this game, there was this vile dragon who had kidnapped a very beautiful princess. I spent my time jumping on the heads of turtles and eating these very wonderful mushrooms. Sometimes there was this star that would appear and I would go "tenenten tenen-ten ten ten ten ten ten tenen tenen" and I would run all the way to the end and jump on this flag and cross a bridge afterwards.

But the evil dragon would then throws balls of fire and hammers at me. Then I would fall off the bridge. Oh woe! What am I to do?
(09-19-2009, 06:31 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 10:54 PM)Goat Wrote: Not exactly my most memorable, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it when I recently remembered this (now that I've gotten very curious about it).

A few months after I received my very own first PSX from my uncle, there was this game that caught my attention because it had mecha in it. Sadly, I couldn't remember the name. It's a Mechwarriorish game where you're ordered to explore some kind of moon base with your squad. It's a dungeon-crawler game with FPS elements. Anything farther than about 2-3 meters from your mech are all covered in black, making the atmosphere creepy.

I was a stupid brat back then, so I never had any idea wtf was happening, but after shooting down mechs and advancing through levels, there were monsters lurking the fuck around the base and appearing in front of you out of nowhere. I just had no idea what to do and where to head next, and I was running away from all of them in a maze!

Wasn't able to bear with the feeling of getting stalked by monsters (even if you're in a mech) while you're stranded in some kind of base. Got me into quitting the game because I got so scared. I'm sure it was with my copy of Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Lightning Slash when I gave the rest of my PSX games away.

Was it Brahma Force: Assault on Beltlogger 9?

I already told you the name of the game, but I'll just put it here in case somebody likes to know the game as well.

Space Griffon. Some old game released in 1995. You'll probably enjoy it if you can get past the graphics as long as you're a mech fan. It's probably the only mech game with that kind of genre anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Gaming News atdsutm 118 134,556 07-30-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  A nice topic on gaming clonezero 2 5,142 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Hempire
  Saddest moments Fox 12 14,932 10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Fox
  Weekly PSP gaming roundup Twin-Skies 10 12,875 08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Grim
Question Gaming Addiction Sforza 23 24,629 11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Last Post: pulse