Current time: 04-20-2024, 04:01 AM
Your most memorable gaming moments
I tend to forget stuff 'pag nag aadik ako sa internet cafe, but the most time I spent in one seat: more than 36 hrs. Trips to the restroom, a bath (malapit lang bahay eh.) and a food trip included.

The most time I spent in a cafe was three days. Pero normal na buhay pa rin(food, baths), nakatulog pa nga ako sa seat eh.

Often, 24 hours ako naglalaro before retiring to bed for 16-20 hrs. Pinapahaba ko araw ko. LOL

And I used to be in an internet cafe 7 days a week. Meh.
Don't you go to school? Don't your parents look for you?
Matagal tagal din ganun ang buhay nyang si Shiraki...
He even let us borrow his PSOne habang nasa shop sya, naglalaro...

May time nga, parang sa amin na nakatira yan eh...
natutulog sa sahig namin.
'Signatures are overrated.'
okay that's not good IMO o_O
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

This is how I read the posts with Filipino, it makes it easier to comprehend, sorry!

shiraki01 Wrote:I tend to forget stuff ___ ___ addict ___ __ internet cafe, but the most time I spent in one seat: more than 36 hrs. Trips to the restroom, a bath (_______ ____ _____ __.) and a food trip included.

The most time I spent in a cafe was three days. ____ normal __ _____ __ ___ (food, baths), ________ __ ___ ___ __ seat eh.

Often, 24 hours ___ ________ before retiring to bed for 16-20 hrs. __________ __ ____ __. LOL

And I used to be in an internet cafe 7 days a week. Meh.

I just wanted to say that I do that too. It gets worse if you live in a dorm and your parents aren't there to check up on you. There was one time last year where I skipped classes for a whole week, and stopped to eat and shower only once every three days. Battlegrounds and getting honor can be addicting. My roomies actually got worried about me and banned me from playing after six straight days.
lol,It's pretty cute for lil ol' miss apple to try and comprehend a language she never heard before. Or have you??

(I mean no harm >_<)
Playing DotA first-time in college. I was quiet in class back in first year college, so they probably didn't expect me much when it comes to games.
My friends invited me to play in a cafe near our school (the cafe just closed last sem Sad ) during the break. One of my classmates challenged me to have a 1-on-1 match against him, since his other friends have already started the game without him. I used Kardel, while he used Zeus (he probably played that hero because it's sorta like a "counter" hero for my hero, who has a low life, but meh, we still continued :p ). Most of my classmates who were watching were surprised that I managed to put up with him, since he is sorta like an addict when it comes to DotA. In the end though, we didn't finish the match since the break was almost over. I managed to break all of his towers in the middle, while he killed me once (sacrificed myself to destroy the last) and destroyed my first tower in the middle.

Most of my classmates were like WTF and said I could've won, but I considered it draw since he could still counterattack. It was an awesome fight I'd say Big grin Too bad I don't play that anymore <_<
[Image: nines.jpg]
AppleHead Wrote:I just wanted to say that I do that too. It gets worse if you live in a dorm and your parents aren't there to check up on you. There was one time last year where I skipped classes for a whole week, and stopped to eat and shower only once every three days. Battlegrounds and getting honor can be addicting. My roomies actually got worried about me and banned me from playing after six straight days.

Haha I cut classes because of gaming too. Not one whole week though, just around 2-3 whole days. >_>

My most memorable gaming moment would be when I beat Magus in Chrono Trigger for the first time. The build-up to this bad-ass of a character was quite intense. The whole first part of the game had you thinking he was the final boss. He had everything: a cult worshiping him in 600 AD, ominous music, bumbling henchmen and a castle surrounded in shadows and mists.

For those who've played the game, who can forget when you first come to his room? Everything's black, there's this scary weird chanting in the background, you're running into the darkness. Suddenly, blue flames burst to life on either side of your party. Oh yeah, this is it.

You find him facing an altar, in bad-ass pose mode, arms outstretched. A few exchanges of short, characteristic dialogue. Cue in music.

"The black wind begins to blow..."

And it begins.

I died like 5 times before I beat him. But getting beat by Magus, especially when you're around 13-14 years old and really into CT's story, could not get any more exhilirating and jarring at the same time. Of course, after I got Crono's Luminaire, it was all over. Still, one of my best memories growing up, especially since I loved the archetype of the anti-hero.

Second best gaming moment would be when I found him again after the fall of Zeal, only to find out you can have him as a party member! I never thought twice about what I wanted. In fact, I don't think I've ever done a playthrough of CT without choosing Magus to fight alongside me, even to this day. I gotta remember to kick his ass for good one of these days.
Hahah kicking his ass isn't worth it, Mix. You only get a lousy power-up for Frog, who's a lousy character.

And yes, Chrono Trigger as a whole is also one of the most memorable gaming experiences for me. I literally milked that game for everything it was worth.
(It's "bulleted")

RO:

-I got invited to Twilight Council(a Fenrir guild) a few years back...
I couldn't do much back then due to my low level.

-Well anyway...
last year, I got my brothers to play RO again...(xept...one of em quit for good already)

-I even encouraged him to try making a non-bot guild...I named it Gunjikaigi...(we're a pretty big guild now)

-Last year...TwinSkies gave me his RO account Shock...So...much SURPLUS!!

-I also met a foreigner in RO last year LOL
(SHE'S TALL IRL)

Tekken 5:
none Sad

Armored Core:
Sadly None Sad
(unless you consider making a WORKING AC a memorable moment xD)
Or...

I was fighting RoninFang's Tiny last last year...It's an "illegal-on-purpose" practice/ stress relief AC...
after 20+ tries...I finally won...but-now he has a new one named...Grizzly Chair

Other Stuff:
Yesterday...
I attempted to Power level in RO's Biolabs while reading fics in FF thru my PSP and "sketching" in photoshope while listening to music all the same time LOL

I just leveled up today LOL
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
Oh yes, Chrono Trigger was definitely memorable, for everything it's worth. =P

Hmm.. I don't have any one most memorable gaming moment ever. But one moment that comes into mind would be reading/playing through the start of the second disc of Xenogears. The one with the one to two hours of text. LOLz. It's the first time I've seen a game have a save point in between a text sequence. Tongue\

Oh, and when I used to play RayCrash, I was able to beat one of best pinoy players in a one-on-one battle (it was originally a team game, and then I was left on my own against the other guy). It was a stroke of luck, really.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
R.Leonhardt Wrote:lol,It's pretty cute for lil ol' miss apple to try and comprehend a language she never heard before. Or have you??

(I mean no harm >_<)

I have Filipino relatives, but the ones from the Philippines only visit like once every decade. I only know food and bad words.

NiX Wrote:Hahah kicking his ass isn't worth it, Mix. You only get a lousy power-up for Frog, who's a lousy character.

And yes, Chrono Trigger as a whole is also one of the most memorable gaming experiences for me. I literally milked that game for everything it was worth.

I loved doing Frog's Masamune quest because of the nature scenery at Mt. Denadoro. It was nearly as beautiful as the faux-3D background of that bridge in Frog's time where you fight the skeleton thing. And... I remember using rotating between Lucca Merle Chrono and the Robot almost exclusively because of the tripple attacks, at least until Lumiere. So far almost everyone that's played Chrono Trigger has said that they milked the game for everything it was worth. I played through it thrice!

theGrim Wrote:My most memorable gaming moment would be when I beat Magus in Chrono Trigger for the first time. The build-up to this bad-ass of a character was quite intense. The whole first part of the game had you thinking he was the final boss. He had everything: a cult worshiping him in 600 AD, ominous music, bumbling henchmen and a castle surrounded in shadows and mists.

For those who've played the game, who can forget when you first come to his room? Everything's black, there's this scary weird chanting in the background, you're running into the darkness. Suddenly, blue flames burst to life on either side of your party. Oh yeah, this is it.

After Magus joined my party I remember still being pissed at him since he beat my party up so many times. I benched him almost all the time XD My favorite moment was when the party first gets to the End of Time. The old man sitting at the center was just plain creepy. Oh, and when the party first gets the Epoch too. Who can forget its accompanying musical score?
maitreya Wrote:Hmm.. I don't have any one most memorable gaming moment ever. But one moment that comes into mind would be reading/playing through the start of the second disc of Xenogears. The one with the one to two hours of text. LOLz. It's the first time I've seen a game have a save point in between a text sequence. Tongue\

My little brother liked to watch me play Xenogears before. During the ending sequence where Elly was tastefully naked, he pointed at the tv and went, "Please play that scene again where Elly has no clothes!"

So I was like, "I can't. No save point. Why?"

"I like the animation."
AppleHead Wrote:
maitreya Wrote:Hmm.. I don't have any one most memorable gaming moment ever. But one moment that comes into mind would be reading/playing through the start of the second disc of Xenogears. The one with the one to two hours of text. LOLz. It's the first time I've seen a game have a save point in between a text sequence. Tongue\

My little brother liked to watch me play Xenogears before. During the ending sequence where Elly was tastefully naked, he pointed at the tv and went, "Please play that scene again where Elly has no clothes!"

So I was like, "I can't. No save point. Why?"

"I like the animation."

I'm pretty sure that you can only replay that scene just after smoking the Urobolus, since it is part of the ending movie. But then again, prior to that one is the most memorable gaming moment of mine - the final battle with Deus.

This one was way back in November of 1999. I had been playing the game for several weeks now (in small sessions of two-three hours each) and was facing Deus without getting rid of Metatron, Sundel, Harlute and Marlute. The last boss wasn't overly difficult since i had beaten him already once before but this time i tried fighting him without sealing his abilities. HP-regeneration, time-stop, fuel and armor drain and all of that were active with him this time, unlike the previous one.

My party consisted of Xenogears, El-Renmazuo and El-Fenrir (basically Fei, Billy and Citan). Not really my best party since i didn't use El-Andvari (Bart) but i had to go for quickness and turn speed here. If Deus' attacks weren't annoying enough, those two Super-Seraphs of his constantly interrupted my gears between turns, sometimes sneaking in one or two barrages before i could retaliate. Good thing Xenogears's hypermode activates easily enough and it only took a few Kishins, along with some Double Snaps and Raigekis from the other two to bring down the Machine God.

And that was with characters and gears only at an average level of 65. Bet i could finish him quicker if i try again with higher-levelled and equipped ones. Problem is, it's kinda hard to get enough gold to buy the best gear engines and armors at the Lighthouse shop at the tail-end of the game. Sad
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I hate how the leveling system in Xenogears increases your stats RANDOMLY every level. -_-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Gaming News atdsutm 118 135,137 07-30-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  A nice topic on gaming clonezero 2 5,158 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Hempire
  Saddest moments Fox 12 14,979 10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Fox
  Weekly PSP gaming roundup Twin-Skies 10 12,927 08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Grim
Question Gaming Addiction Sforza 23 24,727 11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Last Post: pulse