Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:38 PM
War of the birds(manga) discusion
It's nice to see a completed chapter, for once. Tongue

Cool work.

'Sawa ACs are fun.
That wasn't even a chapter yet,I'm too occupied for the moment to make the chapter itself. that was just an intro. I told you,I don't know how to start,what scene to start with
R.Leonhardt Wrote:That wasn't even a chapter yet,I'm too occupied for the moment to make the chapter itself. that was just an intro. I told you,I don't know how to start,what scene to start with

Seemed like you know how to start it just fine. Now that the action's out of the way, maybe you can introduce one of the characters.
It definitely needs a script.
Play more with missions, and listen to the dialogue.
Very promising teaser.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this. We can help you with the story so long as you keep this going. Wink
Damn,this thing is overdue. I'm done with chapter one and two two weeks ago but damn scanner ain't workin'
Updated chapter 1

Enjoy
Looks alright so far. Unlike me at least you're getting somewhere and getting stuff done. Tongue

My main qualms with the whole thing are that right now it looks more storyboard-ish than an actual manga/comic. And in connection with that, the letters are too blurred, making it hard to follow the dialogue going on. Since you're scanning them, why not use Photoshop or some equivalent program to refine them a bit before posting? Like maybe inking them, or adding computerized lettering.
Yeah,I'm doing it right now. And that's just like an intro for that specific character and the intro for the threat. Up next will be a little too much blurry,considering that the pencil I used fades easily...But I'll ink the words.
I inked the words,I redrew them,I uploaded them,Iposted them and I updated the thread. Now tell me what you think before I proceed to part 2 lolz
I gotta hand it to you dude. This is better than most of the stuff posted on ACO.

Stylistically, almost every frame is consistent with the look you want to achieve. You've got some good use of scale and perspective on some of the parts, especially when you have full body shots of the ACs (which again, look consistent - great job). Characters have some good movement in them, like in that hand-to-hand fight bit. You went a bit heavy on the shading, but it's alright.

Story-wise, it's pretty decent so far, although at this point it's still introducing characters.

Again, I'd ask you to ink them digitally so as to produce cleaner and more defined lines. But hey, either way, great so far.
Excellent work so far considering this is all being done by you.

You better not stop pumping out new chapters. Tongue
The hardest part here is drawing the ACs,especially the NEXT on the last part. Lol,don't be surprise with the shading,it's just an excuse so I won't have to draw every single detail. And yeah,I won't stop producing chapters. but in case I lose interest,I'll just turn it into a novel(which is impossible considering every single project I have is never left undone even if I lose interest,I'm just gonna look for something on the net that could bring back my interest like watching an epic AC match lol)

Currently designing more characters and AC coming from LR and AC4. I'm just gonna design few NEXTs considering they're very highly detailed and AC4 has very few parts. Characters,I'm basing the characters on the old RR manga thread lol
Mahusay 'to...
Mahusay...
I'm looking forward to the next chapters.
'Signatures are overrated.'
keep it up ... very nice...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rated R - Based on a True Story Manga ver. Aruren 8 11,391 06-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Hempire
  AC:War of the birds(manga) R.Leonhardt 8 10,097 12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Last Post: R.Leonhardt