Current time: 05-04-2024, 03:32 AM
Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV
(05-13-2009, 01:27 PM)NiX Wrote: Hahah that's really really awesome. I might just print that later. LOL May iba pa bang mga ganyan? Laugh trip may buhok pa eh!

Ibang Street Fighter characters? Di ako sure. Madali lang palitan yung URL though, meron from 001 to 205.
Astig sobrang awesome talaga. I'll print a shitload of these to decorate my future cubicle. LOL
Didn't know we had an organized SF4 community here in the country. They're holding tournaments and everything, and even uploading videos to YouTube. Awesome! Big grin

http://sf4philippines.multiply.com/
Too bad they don't have a spiffy website such as ours. =P
dont you guys have to pay for something like this?
(05-19-2009, 05:43 PM)ardjin Wrote: @Grim, good! now beat all of their members.

I'll be participating in the August tourney if I feel I'm up to it. Big grin
Pao, there are free services and alternatives, but yes, this one's paid for.

Ipabugbog natin sila kay DT at Hemp. Tongue
Hey guys check out this balrog tutorial by this supposedly good player that goes by the alias gootecks

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/695676...alrog.html
(05-19-2009, 06:48 PM)Grim Wrote:
(05-19-2009, 05:43 PM)ardjin Wrote: @Grim, good! now beat all of their members.

I'll be participating in the August tourney if I feel I'm up to it. Big grin

Aw August...i'll be in Vancouver na by then... =/ I'll be cheering for you in the spiritual plane Grim!!!! MY BIKE MONEY!!@~!~!@~@~@!!! Woot
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
there is a massive rumor going around that there is an SF4 machine at Timezone G4?

can anyone confirm this?
[Image: ken_flowchart.jpg]

[Image: halolz-dot-com-streetfighter2-zangiefflowchart.gif]

[Image: dan_flow_chart.jpg]
RE: Ken Flowchart.

OMG I DO THAT >_<
Hahaha, SHORYUUKEN!! LOL

I can't imagine. Rofl
Whoah! You're an SF player now Apple! I'll add you when I get the chance.

@DT/Hemp/Mix: another SF player!
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Keits interview with John Choi:
http://evo2k.com/?p=415

One of the most insightful interviews about fighting games in general that I've read in a long time.

Snippets:
Quote:Adam: Of all the other high-level players that you know, who else would you say plays with that mentality? Who else is a feeling-type player?

John: Definitely Alex Valle, and I’m pretty sure Daigo is very similar. He just does stuff that nobody would ever expect. He just seems to know. He’s a big mind-reader. David Sirlin actually tried to do some kind of study a while back using the Myers-Brigg test to see if there’s similar characteristics between topl players. He actually compiled a little list, and found that some players have similar types, but it was kind of inconclusive because he only asked like 8 players. He asked me to give it to some Japanese players like Daigo and Nuki, but that kind of got lost throughout the years.

Adam: Let me ask you a repeat question that I asked Alex in our interview. Do you think age is affecting your ability to play and keep up with these younger players, or do you think experience has given you the ultimate edge?

John: I think it kind of balances out. Experience definitely helps a lot, but at the same time I feel myself getting slower and slower very year. I remember when I was 20, I could see everything. I could uppercut everything on reaction, but now it’s just different. I can actually feel myself getting slower. It’s kind of funny, because Ricky Ortiz used to just hit everything. There was nothing you could get by him. It was very frustrating. Now, six or seven years later, you can even see him slowing down. It’s a natural fact of live. There’s nothing you can do about it. We do get slower as we get older, but at the same time the experience helps balance it out.

The other aspect is just around life issues. When I was younger I had lots of free time, and I could play games like 7 hours a day without any problems. Now I have a fulltime job and school and family issues. Other people have wives and kids, and it really puts a damper on your ability to be able to practice as much as you want. You look at Justin, every weekend he’s at some event. I read about him winning this event and that event. I really wish I could do that, and maybe things would be different if I was his age around this time, but there are other life obligations so I have to just focus on one game at a time.

Adam: You mentioned that too earlier, that you didn’t want to dilute yourself. Do you think that’s a problem with many players who want to be top gamers, that they play too many games?

John: Well, just like everything in life what you get out of it is related to how much you put into it. If you want to be a champion in one game, it’s probably better for you to play 10 hours of that rather than playing 10 differnent games 1 hour each. So there’s definitely an effect. I think I could maybe juggle two games at the most these days. There’s no way I could enter more than that many tournaments and try to be competitive in all the games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Street Fighter 6 Grim 4 648 09-20-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Grim
  Street Fighter V Grim 1 4,505 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Super Smash Bro. Brawl Deemer 0 3,549 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Deemer
  SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online zero_kanipan 21 27,547 06-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Street Fighter X Tekken isburai 38 43,284 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Super Robot Wars series PhAYSe 75 73,407 01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies
  Tekken x Street Fighter atdsutm 0 3,449 08-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Grim 6 8,370 07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier Twin-Skies 1 4,216 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Twin-Skies
  Super Stardust Portable Grim 0 3,705 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Grim