Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:25 AM
The FOOD Topic.
(02-22-2016, 08:43 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote:

Holy shit JE, that's an amazing find. That would work great as a gift for those who love to cook.
anyone tried the green king at ramen nage sm north? heavenly

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=ramen...0Q_AUIBigB
What's in the green stuff tho? Seaweed? Green Tea? Wasabi?
they got 3 kings

green is herbs
red is spice
and black is sea food (squid ink)
Bread truck collides with deli meat truck sandwiching traffic. Zero injuries thankfully.

[Image: 1391590_1280x720.jpg]

https://t.co/IWCO2Vx6NE
(10-15-2011, 11:40 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: ate imho one awesome lechon kawali at a shop near my coworker's house. if you've heard of talk about "that shop in makati" then thats the place. sixty pesos gets you fried rice, a thick soup, plate of crunchy skin, soft meat lechon kawali. sobrang sulit super sarap pa.

Finally managed to visit this place after all this time.

[Image: 20160701_181054.jpg]

Price went up a bit but damn, was well worth the walk. Took home a couple of orders which i'm planning to add to sinangag and some fried eggs tomorrow. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Pag inatake ka ng gutom pero ayaw mo ng ready-made na chibog. Buti na lang may laman yung ref. LOL

[Image: faux_ramen.jpg]
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(02-18-2017, 05:22 PM)Fox Wrote: Pag inatake ka ng gutom pero ayaw mo ng ready-made na chibog. Buti na lang may laman yung ref. LOL

[Image: faux_ramen.jpg]

DomoDomoDomo
(02-19-2017, 02:32 PM)Mjting Wrote: DomoDomoDomo

Yan ang masarap sa buhay kapag marunong kang magluto para sa sarili mo. Tongue
Max's Chicken-all-you-can is coming back!

For Php249 you get unlimited chicken and a glass of soda. Extra rice will cost extra. Starts at 2pm till 10pm, every Friday starting April 28 till May 12.
does anyone remember the "secret" spice that will turn anything into a chinese dish? i remember hearing that discussion during an RR meet. need to know coz im trying to come up with a stir-fry noodle dish.
Is it Chinese five spice?

From Wikipedia:

Quote:Five spice may be used with fatty meats such as pork, duck or goose. It is used as a spice rub for chicken, duck, pork and seafood, in red cooking recipes, or added to the breading for fried foods.[3] Five spice is used in recipes for Cantonese roasted duck, as well as beef stew. It is used as a marinade for Vietnamese broiled chicken. The five-spice powder mixture has followed the Chinese diaspora and has been incorporated into other national cuisines throughout Asia.

Although this mixture is used in restaurant cooking, few Chinese households use it in day-to-day cooking. In Hawaii, some restaurants place a shaker of the spice on each patron's table. A seasoned salt can be easily made by dry-roasting common salt with five-spice powder under low heat in a dry pan until the spice and salt are well mixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-spice_powder

It's readily available from any grocery I believe.
(03-09-2018, 05:43 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Is it Chinese five spice?

From Wikipedia:

Quote:Five spice may be used with fatty meats such as pork, duck or goose. It is used as a spice rub for chicken, duck, pork and seafood, in red cooking recipes, or added to the breading for fried foods.[3] Five spice is used in recipes for Cantonese roasted duck, as well as beef stew. It is used as a marinade for Vietnamese broiled chicken. The five-spice powder mixture has followed the Chinese diaspora and has been incorporated into other national cuisines throughout Asia.

Although this mixture is used in restaurant cooking, few Chinese households use it in day-to-day cooking. In Hawaii, some restaurants place a shaker of the spice on each patron's table. A seasoned salt can be easily made by dry-roasting common salt with five-spice powder under low heat in a dry pan until the spice and salt are well mixed.

will try it. brain tells me it was an oil or something. chicken essence?
(03-10-2018, 06:45 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote:

From Wikipedia:

Could be chicken powder, they sell those in Chinese groceries, though I rarely see them in supermarkets (Or I just don't pay attention to them).

Jake's mom made Sukiyaki and used chicken stock made from Chinese chicken powder she got from Hong Kong, and it had that more "Chinese" flavor to Sukiyaki as opposed to Dashi based Sukiyaki that I often use.
(03-10-2018, 06:58 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 06:45 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote:

post truncated for brevity

Could be chicken powder, they sell those in Chinese groceries, though I rarely see them in supermarkets (Or I just don't pay attention to them).

Jake's mom made Sukiyaki and used chicken stock made from Chinese chicken powder she got from Hong Kong, and it had that more "Chinese" flavor to Sukiyaki as opposed to Dashi based Sukiyaki that I often use.

imma go hunt for this then. dunno of any nearby chinese grocery tho.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Food places where you are. Lord_Leperman 2 2,383 11-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  The Rant/Rave Topic Grim 6,767 4,700,697 09-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Last Post: NiX
  hai guyz wuts goin on in dis topic? strawhat_luffy 4 9,115 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Last Post: strawhat_luffy