Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:23 PM
Books you're currently reading~
Quote:The reason newborn babies cry is because they know they have just entered a world with Chuck Norris.

I want a copy of this too! Clapping
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Beating the street by Peter Lynch

Stock investing fundamentals and basics by the Peter Lynch an investment manager for fidelity investments and investment guru.

The books tells that even amateurs can beat professionals if they just follow certain principles on stock investing.
Coming from an insider from the industry, he makes things stock investing simple and different the media shows the stock market.
I just finished up Ender's Game, which I now believe to be one of the best books ever written. needless to say, I loved it <_<
ಠ_ಠ
http://theprimaryclone.blogspot.com/2011...tract.html

extract from the Gaunt's Ghost book "Salvation's Reach"

Domo I want the whole thing graaaah!!!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

It's first coming out as a hardbound then as a paperback after another year. I'll probably wait for the smaller version so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb among my other books.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
‘There’s an old saying, Ibram. Keep your friends close, and the brother of the dead hero you replaced as commander closer. Or confined to quarters.’ - blenner

Gaunt blinked, and then lowered his pistol.
‘Throne damn you,’ he said, ‘please don’t say what I think you’re about to say.’
‘Colonel-commissar,’ said the lifeguard, ‘Meritous Felyx Chass is your son.’

ahaha just saying but I really was just waiting for this to happen after reading necropolis this was inevitable LOL

damn into the 30+ pages of the book and its already damn interesting... can't stop reading XD

The Magician King. God I love that series. The Magicians, the first book, hooked me, and now the second book is just... ASDFGHJKL. I think I'm going to have a seizure if the third book doesn't come out next year or something ;_;
Been reading Vampire Hunter D, vol. 2: Raiser of Gales. Holding off reading the Song of Fire and Ice... But will start reading it some time soon!
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Been reading Gulliver's Travels. Always viewed it as sort of a children's book. Never realized how complex it really is.
(01-27-2012, 12:40 AM)NiX Wrote: Been reading Gulliver's Travels. Always viewed it as sort of a children's book. Never realized how complex it really is.

Strangely, I've been reading this one as well, a few days back before the AC5 demo came.

Along with Instructions For Living Someone Else's Life, and Whack on the Side of the Head. YOU. FROM SOFTWARE. -___-

Also, did I mention that my sister gave me this Running With Scissors memoir? It felt like reading that yaoi/yuri thread. D:
well in that case nix have you read the complete wizard of oz?

@Goat: isn't it cuz I recommended it to you? XD

@Raffy: Not yet. Growing up, I was much more of a non-fiction reader. Tongue
(01-27-2012, 12:58 PM)NiX Wrote: @Goat: isn't it cuz I recommended it to you? XD

Yeah, just had a hunch about how time gap between ours isn't that far. LOL

Also, I never get tired of reading that Zombie Survival Guide I got since Christmas; What we need is... a survival guide regarding the Armored Core Universe! (not the forum lol)

I read the wizard of oz book (which is as big as a textbook) when I was a kid and it was alot longer and a lot less "happy"

for one I found out that the lion found his courage fighting a big ass spider or something I just remember that and alice visiting a city inside a bowl. ... hmmm better find that book again Im getting interestedin it again XD.

^ The complexity of Gulliver's Travels that I mentioned is more about how it satirizes/comments on the human condition, religion, and the political events during that time. If there weren't so many footnotes, they'd have completely flown over my head.