Current time: 05-02-2024, 01:58 AM
Frakkin Flood n' Rain
Thirty-five minutes behind? And that's for the fast ones?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Excuse slips. Kewl!
(10-10-2009, 08:27 AM)Fox Wrote: Thirty-five minutes behind? And that's for the fast ones?

Local is basically a train that stops on every single station in that track.

The Rapid line is one that skips certain stations. Say, every 3rd station, or something like that.

But the traveling speeds of the trains are relatively the same. So kung malayo pupuntahan mo, sakyan mo yung lines na mas maraming stations skipped para mas konti yung stop-and-go. Problema lang not as often dumaan yung ganitong lines. Yung mga local, very often dumaan pero yun nga, matagal kung malayo. But everything is scheduled really well, so you can really schedule your trip around the train rides.
May usapan yata yung mga kumag ah...
Ondoy: 'Mga tol, kayo na bahala ha. Nadale ko nga yung mga taga-RR sa south at north. Punta pa ako Vietnam.'
Pepeng: 'Sige. Bili lang muna ako ng bibingka sa Vigan. Masarap daw eh. Tignan ko na rin kung andun si Fox.'
Quedan: 'Tagasaan ba yung Cabs?'
Pepeng: 'Nasa Japan daw yata.'
Quedan: 'Along the way naman pala eh...'
'Signatures are overrated.'
Just got back home, and saw my car for the first time since we left the house last September 27. It's about to grow mushrooms on the steering wheel. Hahaha!
(10-10-2009, 03:47 PM)NiX Wrote:
(10-10-2009, 08:27 AM)Fox Wrote: Thirty-five minutes behind? And that's for the fast ones?

Local is basically a train that stops on every single station in that track.

The Rapid line is one that skips certain stations. Say, every 3rd station, or something like that.

But the traveling speeds of the trains are relatively the same. So kung malayo pupuntahan mo, sakyan mo yung lines na mas maraming stations skipped para mas konti yung stop-and-go. Problema lang not as often dumaan yung ganitong lines. Yung mga local, very often dumaan pero yun nga, matagal kung malayo. But everything is scheduled really well, so you can really schedule your trip around the train rides.

Whoa, now that's something to file away for the future. Thanks for the info! Salute
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(10-11-2009, 11:16 AM)Grim Wrote: Just got back home, and saw my car for the first time since we left the house last September 27. It's about to grow mushrooms on the steering wheel. Hahaha!

Ahaha! Pica ha!
@Grim -- Profit shrooms? LOL
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
Malakas daw ulan mamaya. Let's be safe, everyone. Try to be home early so we can be prepared for whatever.
Although the rain does wax and wane at times, it's pretty persistent, almost like Ondoy was. Hope this doesn't turn out as destructive.
Dito sa amin, malakas lang ang hangin. Tinulugan ko lang kasi yung mismong ulan nya last night.
When I woke up this morning, mama's halfway through finishing scooping out the floodwater. Half lang compared to Ondoy's.

Santi has strong winds with little rain right now.
I think it's done now (posting at 9am).
Humina na nga yung hangin ngayon.
All windy and partly cloudy skies here. The sun's quite cheerful today too. Go for burger time!
Serene, pinasok kayo sa bahay niyo? I hope everything's well.

Malakas lang yung hangin dito samin kanina, pero wala na siya ngayon. I'm good to go for burgers.