Current time: 05-17-2024, 02:27 PM
Frakkin Flood n' Rain
Here's an index of various relief centers and organizations looking for donations, goods, and volunteers.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tB...erpage=250

Pick one out near you if you have spare time. I'm going to help out at LSGH tomorrow, and anyone is pretty much welcome to help out over there.
Fun Facts:

1. I am alive.

2. The flooding in our house hit approx 4 feet indoors, or up to my upper waist.

3. Out on the street, it was closer to 8 feet. Our front gate was completely submerged.

4. Two of our cars drowned. And it turns out that shorting a 2004 Civic's electronics causes it to automatically lock down. A security failsafe, methinks.

5. Our refrigerator is watertight. It floated into the living room during the night, and all its contents were not contaminated.

6. Cats are awesome flood pets. When water rushes in, just leave them be - they'll automatically climb the nearest tree. Dogs just follow you wherever you go, smell bad, and poop.

7. Conversely, worst flood pet to potentially escape: pirahnas.

8. Cold Canned Pork and Beans after trudging through freezing floodwaters for hours = Heaven

Will try to post pics of our house during the worst of the flooding later.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Good to know you're safe now. Hope things return to normal for you buddy. If you need any help just let me know.
Good to hear most RR folks are fine. Who else hasn't been accounted for?
loli mark
Ely, Warren, azuriel/grimweld

DT hasn't posted yet
Tim, but Nix would have updated us if anything bad did happen
oh yeah, dt....hope the dude's ayt with his shops and all.
Warren's on YM. Tim's fine of course. The Cavite/Laguna ravens shouldn't have had it so bad. I hear it was really worse in Metro Manila. DT was online fairly recently, so I guess he's ok too.
Raffy, Black Dragon, Ardjin, Azuriel, Ethermaster, Isburai and a bunch of other guys haven't reported in yet. Just hope that they're fine.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I just called DT and he's fine. No word about his shop though, but his place seems ok.

UPDATE: His shop's perfectly fine too according to him.

Texted Ethermaster, he's fine.
Oo nga noh, si Raffy. Tsaka si Black Dragon. I think they're in the Cainta area. O_O Yeah I really hope they're ok.
Just texted Doom Trigger amd AEA1 a bit earlier.

No word from Doc yet though i think he's doing okay. Chances are he might be on duty at the moment.

DT says everything's fine on his end, including the shops, although there was a shortage of customers in his second branch though.

Haha, ang pinoy talaga. Lumulubog na nga ang buong mundo eh may oras pa rin para maglaro. LOL

Addendum - Okay, Doc just replied. He's alright and he's definitely on duty.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
http://www.theage.com.au/world/philippin...-g8o4.html

From Jake. Super hero right there. Unlike Richard Gutierrez.
I'm fine over here. My subdivision is somewhat elevated so not much flooding occured here. However the only way out (service road) got flooded so I was trapped.

My mom and siblings were in the quezon city area when it happened though and our CRV was submurged up to window level. It was a miracle that it didn't flood/breakdown while in the middle of it. Honda sure has sturdy stuff.

It's good to hear at least most of RR seems to be fine.
Glad to see that both of you are safe.

Ardjin, Mix is ok despite some flood water entering his place. He's off to help his girl who lives in Cainta, which was devastated by the floods. That was a very nice thing of you to do Jin to help out 2 families. I salute you bro. Sophie

Sero, lucky you made it out there and that CRV got you back home.