Current time: 09-20-2024, 07:57 AM
Poll: Partnering System
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Predetermined
0%
0 0%
Randomized
38.10%
8 38.10%
Randomized w/ Tiering System
57.14%
12 57.14%
Predetermined w/ Tiering System
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2-on-2 Partnering System
for PACT 5 and beyond
Randomize! A little chaos never hurt! Especially because it won't be affecting me in any way :p
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
Looks like option 3 is the clear winner, despite some fishy looking guest votes. If only everyone that voted would actually be able to participate in the tournament.
Yeah, didn't know guests could vote on our polls. But that's fine. The result stays the same even if we only count the votes from those that will actually be able to physically participate.
Naisip ko lang. what if:
tiered on the spot pick, combined with tiered predetermined?
'Signatures are overrated.'
Nerese, pa elaborate naman ng idea. Di ko gaanong na-get. Tongue

If you mean na mamimila ang mga top-3 ng gusto nilang kakampi, personally, ayoko ng ganun. Tongue
Sure.
Tiered Predetermined:
- Putting player tiers in consideration, participants can ask other participants [assuming the guy they're asking doesn't have a partner yet] to be their partner. So kung alam mo na bakulaw ka, hind ka pwedeng humingi ng tulong sa either kasing bakulaw or mas bakulaw pa sayo. But two lesser demons can pair up.
Practice can be compensated thru the PM system, plan online or meet up to uhm... practice.

Tiered on the Spot Pick:
- Assuming there are already teams setup, participants who doesn't have partners can choose among each other [still putting the player tiers into account]. Good thing with this one is it's quick, but it takes all the planning out.

Team colors like red, blue, white, etc, etc. I suggest must be incorporated into their designs.

Here's a tier list based on participation (upper half) and number of wins.

WIN RATE:
RICK
IIIIIIIIIII
NIX
IIIIIIII
JAKE
IIIIIII
DAVE
IIIII
GRIM
IIIII
TIM
IIII
MOONLIGHT
IIII
ANDREW
III
TWINSKIES
III
CABS
III
DOC
III
FOX
II
SRN
II
RON
II [Left For US]
MARK
II
RAFFY
I
HAYWIRE
I
GOAT
I
BERSERKER
I
AZUMA
I [Banned]
BK
I
RF
ANTS [Busy]
SOL
ZIG [MiA]
SHIN
WARREN
CHAOS
DT
AZURIEL
WELD

Edit it to see proper layout...
Jobs, medyo naguluhan ako actually. LOL

Napag-usapan na namin ni Mix yan dati eh. Mas maganda nga kung before the tournament pa lang, alam mo na kung sino partner mo. Problema sa RR, may mga biglang di makapunta on the day itself tsaka may mga bigla nalang din sumusulpot na wala sa attendance. Ganun talaga.

So kung ang mangyayari e may mga ibang praktisado na with a specific partner, kawawa naman yung hindi nakahanap ng partner beforehand to practice with. Mas kawawa pa yung mga biglang hindi nakapunta ang partner. Unfair sa kanila kasi magiging mas handa yung ibang teams. And overall, prone to biases lang talaga yung pilian.

Personally, mas gusto ko na talaga yung bunutan on the day itself. Much easier to implement din. And it's what's been voted for naman eh.
Then you'll have to come up with something on the spot. Pwede ba mag edit ng ACs at the tourney?

If someone comes up with a stunweaponAC+siegetankAC combo, for example, will they be allowed to mod their ACs in the midst of the tourney?
I'd really like to see a dream-team match up later on though. With the preferred partners going against other pre-determined pairs. If only RR's members were punctual with attendance, then we'd be having that I hope. Tongue
I think what's most likely gonna happen is that we'll start the day by drawing lots for our partners. We'll give everyone maybe an hour (we can extend this time if we're able to start early) at the very most to coordinate with their partner. And we'll have to be STRICT about the time. The teams will then have to declare the ACs (PACT-compliant of course) they'll be using for the rest of the tournament. No more changes allowed later on.

Personally, I think that's the best way to do this while still allowing a semblance of coordinated designs. That is if it's cool with ya'll.

EDIT:

And since we'll only have a limited number of PS2s, we'll probably have to limit each pair to something like 15 minutes on a PS2 for coordinating. Para lahat makagamit.

EDIT 2:

Sabi ni Rick, maybe draw lots before lunch --> planning/lunch --> ???? --> Profit/Tournament
I go for Nix's suggestion. It's clear and defined. I just numbered his steps down, to further clarify things:

1. Draw lots/have computer randomly pick partners.
2. Teams will be given 1 hour for coordination and planning.
3. Teams will be given 15 minutes to a PS2 for building.
4. Teams will declare their compliant ACs.

Any thoughts on the time intervals and/or additional steps needed?
If everyone comes early (LOL), we can probably even have 2 hours prep time and even more time on the PS2s for everyone. A 2-on-2 tournament will finish much sooner than a 1-on-1 tourney anyway since the number of participants is essentially halved.
I guess we should think ahead of time what AC we'd initially want to use. This can save up time on the day itself. Any changes can be done after drawing lots.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
(07-14-2009, 08:41 AM)NiX Wrote: Jobs, medyo naguluhan ako actually. LOL

Napag-usapan na namin ni Mix yan dati eh. Mas maganda nga kung before the tournament pa lang, alam mo na kung sino partner mo. Problema sa RR, may mga biglang di makapunta on the day itself tsaka may mga bigla nalang din sumusulpot na wala sa attendance. Ganun talaga.

So kung ang mangyayari e may mga ibang praktisado na with a specific partner, kawawa naman yung hindi nakahanap ng partner beforehand to practice with. Mas kawawa pa yung mga biglang hindi nakapunta ang partner. Unfair sa kanila kasi magiging mas handa yung ibang teams. And overall, prone to biases lang talaga yung pilian.

Personally, mas gusto ko na talaga yung bunutan on the day itself. Much easier to implement din. And it's what's been voted for naman eh.

Thinking about things further, mukhang hindi pa nga handa ang RR para sa system na nasabi ko...

But well, I did say option three days back. I've put voted for it now.

These guys can't team up. And these guys are the ones who's names will not be written in the names to be picked on that day...
Lord Leperman
IIIIIIII
Nix
IIIIIIII
Sforza
IIIIIII
Grim
IIIII
Ethermaster
IIII
Maitreya
IIII
Moonlight
IIII
Twinskies
III

15 Minute AC Prep Time, 1 Hour Planning Time, 5 minutes per Round, 3 Rounds.
A hassle for preemptive planners... But. I say very workable.
I already have 2 AC's built and ready. I'm sure others have so too. Pwede rin gamitin na lang yung mga AC na nagamit na to save time. Masyadong mahaba yung 1 hour planning time. Make it 25 minutes. Kasi pwedeng isabay sa AC prep time yung stratefy planning time.
Most likely, i won't even be able to show up but in the off-chance that i make it to the event, i went for the randomized option. Makes things safer and more spontaneous.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."