Current time: 06-29-2024, 12:31 PM
teh Sforzando Gallery
NiX Wrote:So have you finally gotten yourself into the digital photographer bandwagon? Tongue (not that it's a bad thing, mind you)

Been part of it for a while, but I've always been a food photographer for the most part LOL Got a new DSLR about a week ago, so I've been testing it on different subjects.

Edit for lazy people XD - Mini gallery on the page before this one. Go here and spread Mirei love on your desktop!
http://www.ravenrepublic.net/forums/show...pid7812253
The one with the mirror was a nice touch. Smile)

Good shots. I bet if you post it on dA you'll get like, 5 gajillion favorites.
I'm working on a series of food pictures at the moment on a new food blog which I'll pimp soon enough. LOL

This is part of the series on er, nu-dle models LOL
It comes with write-ups and everything but I'll just put the pictures here since I don't think you guys will be interested.

First is the limited edition enoki mushroom cup noodle from Japan! Even Yuki can't resist it.
[Image: noodle-yukiblue.jpg]

Next is the legendary Japanese original recipe.
[Image: P2150431.jpg]

Some other shots of random things (pineapple cake from Taiwan, and still sealed original shot)
[Image: th_P2190482.jpg] [Image: th_P2150420.jpg]
You got a pro Photobucket account. Nice.
theGrim Wrote:You got a pro Photobucket account. Nice.

Hm? I've always been a free photobucket leech, unless you just gave me a pro account XD

I'm going to get a pro flickr account instead in a few weeks though.
Looking forward to this one, Jake. Tongue

Can we make requests on what to review? Tongue
sforzando Wrote:Hm? I've always been a free photobucket leech, unless you just gave me a pro account XD

I'm going to get a pro flickr account instead in a few weeks though.
Oh, sorry. Photobucket sizes down large images kasi eh, kaya I don't post my wallies there.

Anyway, like Nix asked, can we make requests of food + pantyshots?

LOL
theGrim Wrote:Anyway, like Nix asked, can we make requests of food + pantyshots?
LOL

Our fearless, admirable leader. LOL
theGrim Wrote:Oh, sorry. Photobucket sizes down large images kasi eh, kaya I don't post my wallies there.

Change uploads to the "smaller than 1mb" option. Huge files can be compressed into less than 1mb using the different options in Photoshop. JPEG doesn't store as much color information as RAW anyway, and for vectors you can convert them into limited color GIFs.

Quote:Anyway, like Nix asked, can we make requests of food + pantyshots?

LOL

No. I'll get arrested.
Here's original content as my response instead. Rofl

[Image: rickroll.jpg]
win jake win
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Makin' you hungry! LOL Krispy Kreme's easter donuts.

[Image: P3190856.jpg]

[Image: P3190853.jpg]
Great colors. I'm no expert but I think you can sharpen these a bit more?

I'm also wondering what the pic will look like if you set your DSLR to oversaturate.
That DO NOT WANT pic won you the intarnet, sir. LOL
theGrim Wrote:Great colors. I'm no expert but I think you can sharpen these a bit more?

I'm also wondering what the pic will look like if you set your DSLR to oversaturate.

Yes, I could sharpen the first image a little bit more with Photoshop but it won't look like the original anymore. The reason why its blurred is because it was taken at f8.0 with probably 1/1.20 shutter speed, which demands a surgeon's hands, or a tripod. I took the image at aperture value 8 in order to make sure the entire image remains clear (since higher value = more light let in), as opposed to the focus being solely on the center of the image.

If I oversaturate the image I'm guessing that the picture will bleed color, and the box would probably disappear into white. I'm not a fan of Photoshopped images and/or oversaturation since my concentration is on food photography. Saturating food makes it look unnatural, and emphasizes the oil and grease. A setting with natural light is usually the best pick.

Besides, if I went upstairs to get my tripod, the donuts would have been gone by the time I got down. My family members were already giving me evil glares when I told them not to eat so I can take pictures LOL
I went back to Tagaytay for Holy Week(end) and took a few landscapes. Do you guys remember teh LOL hole? LOL

[Image: LOL-hole.jpg]

[Image: th_taal-lake-noon.jpg] [Image: th_taal-lake-dusk.jpg]

[Image: th_taal-lake-noon2.jpg] [Image: th_unknown-mt.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Art Gallery NiX 27 32,109 02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Last Post: strawhat_luffy