Current time: 06-16-2024, 04:29 AM
XLink Kai
how do you use xlink? and what is it again XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

In order to be able to play PSP games online, we need to use Kai at the moment. Here's a quick summary and set-up guide. I'm available to play MHP2G and a few other games, just ym me Salute

XLink Kai is a method developed by Team-XLink for online play of certain compatible console/PSP games. For XLink Kai to work, the Kai client program must be installed and running on a compatible personal computer or Linux device. The Kai client is required to let consoles connect online. XLink Kai acts like a proprietary LAN network that "tunnels" games over the internet to connect users from all over the world, creating a massive online gaming network with this free networking service.

Guide to setting up Kai for the PSP

Monster Hunter biased guide to setting up Kai for the PSP

Compatible Network Cards / USB adapters for PSP and Kai
OOOOooooh maybe we can play MHU ( Im changing because I lost my save again or at least I have it but its got corrupted I forgot to back it up again X_X
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(09-21-2008, 09:51 PM)NiX Wrote: Si Mix lang kasi may slim PS2 eh. XD So lahat kami walang means na mag online.

Diba si Mark may slim narin? Mark laban tayo! Hahaha

Oh yeah topic necro'd.
Does Adhoc Party not work for you guys in the Phillies? You should be able to download it from either the JP or NA PSN stores, assuming you have PS3's, though. If you don't have a PS3 you'll have to go the Kai route. Kai's definitely cheaper, but it's also more likely to have connection problems.

Quite the dilemma.

=\

EDIT: I'd love to be able to play you guys over Kai or Adhoc. Hit me up sometime and I'll see if we get under 250ms ping on one of them!
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
LCC and I managed to get Kai to work once before in an NX match. The bullet-time action was a killer, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssIzCFh0Gx0

I believe some of our other members have tried Adhoc already for games like Monster Hunter. The thing is though, we haven't exactly been playing a lot of the portable versions of the AC games, as we just can't stomach the controls. Tongue

EDIT: Oh wait, I see you saw that vid already. Anyway, there.
Now that you guys have mentioned it, I might try to set up my PS3 for Adhoc Party once LR Portable comes out. FO connection has to come out of the market here ASAP. Instead of our internet service providers upgrading and replacing their current technology, most likely they'd just add another super expensive promo though.

Not also sure if we won't still get a few hundred pings with our current connection with Adhoc Party. For all I know I don't lag whenever I fight someone on PSN.
If you're going to play AHP, try to make sure the PS3 is connected via LAN cable or has excellent wifi connection quality at the very least. It's not a problem with Kai since you can just sit beside the adapter Tongue

I'm willing to play with anyone once LR portable comes out in english Smile
(02-26-2010, 11:18 PM)Sforza Wrote: If you're going to play AHP, try to make sure the PS3 is connected via LAN cable or has excellent wifi connection quality at the very least. It's not a problem with Kai since you can just sit beside the adapter Tongue

I'm willing to play with anyone once LR portable comes out in english Smile

Alright, someone told me the same advice before when I wanted to play PSP2 via Adhoc Party. Not that I'm going for a wireless connection anytime soon anyway. Belkin has a load of pissed off users due to its compatibilitiy issues with the PS3 on wireless. LOL
All further Adhoc Party talk should go into this thread instead.

http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=2047

Please use this thread for questions about setting up your computer and consoles/handhelds for XLink Kai.
(02-27-2010, 10:48 AM)Goat Wrote: Belkin has a load of pissed off users due to its compatibilitiy issues with the PS3 on wireless. LOL

Belkin sucks balls. I bought a wireless-N router from them and it cut my wired speed by more than half when I was using wifi. The ping was horrible, too. I couldn't even play on kai while I was sitting beside the router.
are there no other alternatives for D-Link router and wireless network users? i have a D-link router and its located too far from my room and PS2 to run a cat5 (which i dont have in the first place) Sad

nvm. im not even sure if the PS2 i have has a network adapter. its the old fat one and a second-hand too Sad
Well, I've done KAI before and am looking for people to play against. I'm in the US so there would probably be some bullet time, but I'm fine with that (would be interesting to watch the replays). Better than fighting AIs. I'll try and get KAI working again if anyone is interested in fighting.
(08-02-2014, 10:22 PM)Queen Drac Wraith Wrote: Well, I've done KAI before and am looking for people to play against. I'm in the US so there would probably be some bullet time, but I'm fine with that (would be interesting to watch the replays). Better than fighting AIs. I'll try and get KAI working again if anyone is interested in fighting.

I'll fiddle around with Kai and let's see what happens. Message you soon.
Works for me. I'll start messing with it tomorrow, hopefully it won't be too hard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online/XLink Kai/Adhoc Party Meet-ups cabs 60 8,630 02-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Grim