Current time: 05-20-2024, 06:57 PM
AC1-LR: controls could be improved?
curious... not a bad idea, but there would be complications...

being able to fire 2 different back weapons at the same time has always been one of my fantasies but I can think of a few reasons on why they didn't make it so:

-Energy drain in case of two types of Energy-based back weapons:
Some Energy based weapons already drain almost half of your generator, just think of the over-kill it'll do if you were to fire 2 or all four at the same time R & L-Arm weapons included.)

-D-pad configuration & movement:
The D-pad's main use is for movement, in some cases of pilots wanting their configuration that way. Having the ability to scroll weapons using the D-pad would get in the way of evading in case of sudden enemy attack. Not to mention retaliating in time. Not all pilots can be adept at using the joystick configuration.

And about being able to cycle on what Weapon to start with, not a bad idea, but there would be a bit of conflict when t comes to AC assembly. They would have to disregard the hanger option and just conjoin it to become Secondary weapons or spares. Being the first weapon you choose to use on the R & L-Arm as the Primary.

Also, having the choice to activate your extensions would be wasted to some parts;case point to the Hover Extension part. You may be able to choose to activate it directly but you can't choose to make you're AC float at the start of battle. Unless of course, that was automatically considered (still, once again... "energy drain").
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><b><i>"Nan kuru nai sa..."</i></b></span>

Messages In This Thread
AC1-LR: controls could be improved? - by Roh - 01-11-2007, 06:01 AM
RE: controls could be improved? - by Grim - 11-25-2009, 08:13 AM
RE: controls could be improved? - by Serene - 11-27-2009, 07:14 AM
RE: controls could be improved? - by NiX - 11-27-2009, 10:06 AM
[No subject] - by Kai Garuda - 08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
[No subject] - by Grim - 08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
[No subject] - by Roh - 08-05-2007, 12:10 AM