Current time: 05-05-2024, 07:30 PM
Online PvP guides for playing AC on PCSX2 and PPSSPP
I have found a workaround to the game rendering a widescreen fov even while in 4:3 and unchecking 'enable widescreen patches.' This would result in lockboxes that look stubby, and the camera being a bit further behind your AC than usual.

If you manually drag the pnach files out of their cheats folders, the game renders properly. This also solves the issue I found where if you let the game render its native resolution from software instead of hardware, you would get blocky graphics. Now it renders properly, and you can set deinterlacing to weave top field, and the game looks great. This means you can render the game natively and use high quality deinterlacers in post if you ever want to upload footage.

Also thanks for the tip on the lowered input lag Nix! I tried that and it seemed to play marginally better. There' still some noticeable input lag, but honestly it's nothing bad and nothing too outside the realm of what kai had. Probably only a couple frames of lag.

Edit: I've settled on settings that I like. After dragging all the pnach files out and allowing the game to render properly while in 4:3, I change texture filtering to nearest neighbor to get nice and sharp ui and gets rid of some of the graphics glitches. Then I check manual hardware renderer fixes, and it allows the text to render without distortion.

Bad:
[Image: cvjgiEF.jpg]

Good:
[Image: aNCP2ke.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Online PvP guides for PCSX2 and PPSSPP AC games - by TMRaven - 01-17-2023, 10:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 6,270 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  RR AC:LR Online 2023 Lord_Leperman 1 517 01-19-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: NiX
  You know you've been playing too much AC when... Fox 11 13,315 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Online AC game with the JAPANESE R.Leonhardt 32 31,682 02-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Black_Flame