Current time: 05-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Human+/ OP-I / Dominants
a discussion on HOW is came to be
Tongue 
Recently I have recovered some stuff I had written in my desire to make a fanfic for AC I came to the questions about the AC universe one of which is the story behind the in/famous Human Plus/ OP-I mods. We already are well aware of what they do but not so much the HOW this is why I made this thread. And the end purpose would be simply to gain a better understanding as to the workings of these mods and as an attempt to fill in one of the many holes of th Armored Core story. Before we get to the jist of I must remind you as this is mainly based on what I have found around the web (this site and gamefaqs mainly Rofl ), and my own speculations. Feel free to discuss, refute or add to what I have placed.

known names: Human+ - first encountered on AC1
OP-I - AC3
Dominants - AC:LR

-=Per name Explanation=-

Human +: The artificial enhancement of a Raven. The 2 examples I know of how this can be achieved are:1. In AC1 if you incur a large enough debt a small cinematic would show you in a hospital of sorts (not sure on this part XP) but basically it seems you undergo an operation to gain human plus capabilities or 2. as seen in the manga it seems people with human plus can be bred just they basically are like artificial newtypes/ coordinators is your not have any problems using the comparison. While it seems most human plus abilities are pilot based some by logic alone seems to be modifications to the AC itself either by using illegal mods or tunes or by possibly removing limiters built in to the AC. In this way you can say that part of being a Human plus is by going against the rules of being a Raven.

OP I: Human plus in a can XP, an optional part the mimics human plus capabilities. But in truth the OPI seems to be a series of of parts as it always fills up your optional slots.

Dominants: This is what I believe is the "newtype" to the Human Plus' "artificial newtype" status. Being a dominant may come as something you are born with or something you strive to be through training and experience.

-=Per ability explanation=-

PLOW, gen+, boost+, cooling+: all can be explained by the Raven in question modifying the parts to perform better, it is also possible they are removing set safety limiters inherent to the parts akin to over clocking but as by doing this it can also mean the parts would break down more easily, this though can be subverted in game by saying that the parts get replaced frequently albeit at no cost. On the other hand this may be food for thought for people making AC fanfics.

the back weapon restriction removal, turning +, ams+, blade+, and blade wave: While what was said above may still apply these abilities can also be attributed to the Raven themselves and their above average piloting capabilities.

The radar+ ability gets special attention as this, asides from the above 2 explanations being applicable to it, can also be explained as a Raven having extraordinary perception (again ala newtypes XP).

I guess this is it for now soo what do guys think? Happy
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Messages In This Thread
Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by clonezero - 05-30-2011, 06:17 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by NiX - 05-30-2011, 06:27 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by Fox - 05-30-2011, 06:40 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by clonezero - 05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by Fox - 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by medusa0 - 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by clonezero - 05-30-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by Fox - 05-30-2011, 08:47 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by J.E_Magog - 05-31-2011, 09:32 AM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by Moonlight_Raven - 06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by clonezero - 06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by Moonlight_Raven - 06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
RE: Human+/ OP-I / Dominants - by esreveR - 11-04-2011, 02:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  obtaining human plus codes for action reply max ps2 pal (for nexus and LR) zinaida1988 0 3,644 12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Last Post: zinaida1988