Current time: 06-20-2024, 03:34 AM
Let’s talk control schemes for a second
Armored Core 6
When I play controller, here's what works for me:

[Image: M7ZKm93.png]

The rationale is that your thumbs should be on both sticks as much as possible; this allows you to be on top of your movement and camera control at all times, something that's heavily influenced by years of console FPS games, but also translates well to a fast-paced action game like ACVI. Left stick controls movement, including Assault Boost (i.e., sprint), and right stick controls camera and hard lock toggle.

Left and right triggers for hand weapons makes sense to me, as triggers are also the button most often used for firing actions in modern games. Left and right bumpers round out the movement options, and I think it's a good choice for them as Quick Boost is still the thing you'll find yourself doing most often in this game outside of certain builds, so something you can easily tap periodically seems optimal.

Now for the back weapons, I use a controller with 2 back paddles (I wish I could have 4). Those back paddles get mapped as my X and Y buttons - again with the intention of never having to take my thumbs off the sticks except for downtimes. This could work well for you @Chrono because the DS Edge has those paddles anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let’s talk control schemes for a second - by Grim - 09-12-2023, 06:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about color schemes esreveR 1 4,254 11-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Last Post: NiX