Current time: 09-28-2024, 09:34 AM
Questions about Japanese Curry.
I'd like to hear from you guys.
1) What do you guys see or expect in Japanese Curry? Like what kind of ingredients do you expect, and how much of it is inside?
meat, potatoes and carrots. maybe some other vegetables for variance. i saw one with broccoli before. as for amount, i prefer having as much veggies as there is meat. most importantly, they shouldn't be drowning in sauce.

2) Any particular preference for it like should it be sweeter, spicier, sour, etc? And what about the texture, do you prefer it to be thicker or thinner?
thick, spicy with a touch of sweetness.

3) Appearance, what color or smell would be most appealing for you?
im with Fox on the whole smell-fills-the-room bit. appearance, i don't care for too much. if it's brown, again, don't drown the ingredients in sauce so it doesn't look like diarrhea.

4) Describe your ideal curry is as great detail as possible.
the meat is tender and requires little to no effort when you cut it. breaks apart in your mouth with little chewing. the potatoes are equally soft. the carrots on the other hand are firm, but cooked. there is enough sauce to coat all the ingredients thickly, but just enough to coat the rice thinly. the spiciness is mild at the start, but kicks in after the first few bites. at its peak, the spiciness is enough to make you want to drink water, but not so hot that you need to drink water. (yung bang gusto mo nang uminom ng tubig, pero hindi ka umiinom kasi alam mo na kaya mo pa.) makes you keep on and see if you can take one more bite.

5) Given your preference, how much are you willing to pay for it? Honestly. Also, how often would you be eating it at that price range?
depends on the amount offered. but 100 to 200. as for frequency, it depends on how hard it is for me to get there. if it's near the house/office or along the commute, then one to two times a week.

6) From where, locally, have you tried Japanese curry? (UCC, Tokyo Caf, Tempura, Teriyaki Boy, Yabu, etc.)
RR, Tokyo Cafe, and i'm not sure if it was Japanese curry, but i had brown curry before from a nearby karinderia and at my grandma's XD

7) Which of those you've tried did you like best in terms of the actual curry sauce?
can't really say. i really liked the one at my grandma's, but thats because the beef was cooked via pressure cooker and it was super soft XD (puro matatanda kasi ang kakain)

8) Any other comments.
customers should be given the choice on how spicy they want the curry. could be as simple as mild, moderate, or hot. it would also be nice to have a non-meat variant, and a few house recommendations. especially for people who are new to Japanese Curry. and +1 to Curry of the Week. hey, maybe do a Curries of the World theme. oh and a challenge thing. like, eat the house super super spicy curry special in under 10 minutes WITHOUT WATER, and the meal is free.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by NiX - 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Fox - 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by NiX - 01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Grim - 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Mjting - 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Serene - 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Fox - 01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by NiX - 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Fox - 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by zero_kanipan - 01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions about Japanese Curry. - by Sforza - 01-31-2013, 10:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Japanese Curry FAQ Lord_Leperman 11 26,060 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Fox
  Unit 731 Japanese Torture & Human Medical Experiments grimweld09 5 8,367 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon
  (Not Safe For Work) New Japanese Textbook NiX 16 19,698 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Last Post: NiX