Current time: 09-28-2024, 09:37 PM
Societal Impositions
"Atheist" = Anti Christ. Nope, not even close- it just means you don't believe in a higher power out of physical evidence to prove said power's existence. An atheist appeals to a sense of logic instead of spirituality. Anyone who makes this argument is dumb and needs to reread their bible.

"Upside down cross" = Logo of Satan. Nope, while some satanic worshipers do use this in their rituals- the upside down cross is, in fact, a symbol of St. Peter- the spiritual leader of the Vatican (as can be evidenced by the inverted cross adorning the Pope's throne).

"You need to get a life" And thank YOU for dictating my life's actions and plotting out my "life" for me. Fuck off.

"you need to get laid" "Been there, done that. Oh wait, you haven't? Well shit, maybe you shouldn't be prescribing cures for things you don't know anything about." Seriously, this mentality irritates the hell out of me.

"Be a 'Man" Now, which definition of a man are we talking about? Websters or the societal norm? If the former- well I'm a homosapiens sapiens and have a penis....so yeah, already living the life man. Now if it's the latter- where society expects us to bottle up our emotions so we eventually explode around the people we care about once we're past a certain threshold, not care about our appearance, be outwardly machismo, etc. Uh, no thanks.

"rock musics are demonic" While there are certain sub genres of rock which claim to be inspired by the darker powers (black metal, death metal, etc) the fact of the matter is Rock on the whole is simply another means of expression through the musical medium. Even "satanic" poster boys Black Sabbath and their original line up including shock rocker Ozzy Osbourne were avowedly Christian. Fuck off, and if you don't like it- go listen to something else. Not everyone likes Rap or Teeny Bopper bullcrap like Justin Bieber.

"video games are for kids" (except for the ones that help you earn money.) Nope- studies prove that video games are one of the leading electronic industries right now, and have statistically been proven to increase hand/eye coordination- to the effect that one of the most sought out features for the new generation of surgeons is the ability to use a video game like controller for microscopic surgery via robot. Further more, educational video game software- a trend that started in the 90's has shown that children are better able to retain educational material if it is put in a colorful engaging format rather than through word of mouth (read: lecture in the classroom) alone.

"non-3d games are for kids" Same as above. 2d/3d/4d I don't give a crap- if you think it's fun, it's fun- nuts to anyone who says otherwise. The important thing to remember however, is that all things- including video games- should be enjoyed in moderation.

Long hair? It's a fashion choice- some men are able to pull it off better than others, just like facial hair. The issue lies in knowing what suits you. For example: I look better with short hair because my face is somewhat rounder. At the same time, facial hair (WHEN PROPERLY GROOMED) enlongates the face, and makes your jaw line look stronger <and some would argue more manly>. Now, if I did the opposite- grew long hair and shaved my beard off- I would look horrible and comments would be made. Like I said, you need to find out what suits your face and body type- and go from there. If you honestly don't care what people think- good for you, do what you want. But it never hurts to be fashion conscious.

Best friend?: Not absolutely necessary no. Neither are friends really. However, social interaction can make life seem easier and/or more pleasant.

Girlfriend/Boyfriend: Not for everyone. Some people develop attachment issues, psychosis when in relationships. Others fear rejection and avoid commitment because of that. If you get one- great. Don't stress yourselves out over it otherwise. Speaking from experience- take it at your own place, and whatever happens happens.
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."

Messages In This Thread
Societal Impositions - by Sforza - 07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by Mjting - 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by Lord_Leperman - 07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by Serene - 07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by atdsutm - 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by J.E_Magog - 07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by McCale - 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by J.E_Magog - 07-07-2011, 08:20 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by RoninFang - 07-07-2011, 08:16 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by McCale - 07-07-2011, 10:25 PM
RE: Societal Impositions - by Shintetsu - 07-07-2011, 10:51 PM