Current time: 06-15-2024, 08:31 PM
Venator
RL/BP Prototype
I did some tinkering with your design I find it hard to reconcile the low cooling 89F with an OB core. The low cooling and poor turn rate of the 89F seems to be counter-productive for a design centered around OB, which requires a high turn-rate set of legs to easily re-acquire targets that go off screen and at least a moderate amount of cooling for better heat management. To me they just don't seem to mesh well together, as the 89F seem to be built for more defense oriented ACs that need more EN surplus for basic movement or an EN weapons setup, but this does not mean we can't make an OB AC on these set of legs. :p

If you want to stick with OB + 89F, then you might want to look at the EOS core in order to maximize your cooling and defense. However, you'll be pairing them up with light arms in order to get it into proper weight given your weapons setup, which is a sad departure from the manly looking heavy arms on a light core setup earlier (I just know Hannah's gonna do something once she sees that statement). Otherwise there are better legs suited for OB, but none of them can carry as much and have the same efficiency as the 89F.

What I did for Venator though was a bit of an overhaul of the frame design ... The biggest change I made was switching the UL2 to the EOS, seeing that OB will be used more for positioning rather than in an actual assault, a short and fast OB burst seems to be more beneficial than a slow accelerating OB sequence. I capitalized on the 89F's efficiency and weight cap by adding in the GIBBON arms to offset the high shell defense of the current design. For cooling I compromised generators and boosters by using the LOTUS and the VULTURE2, which ensures a cool running booster and OB setup while the 89F and EOS' EN efficiency should help the LOTUS' low EN output. This should let you survive on both offensive and defensive games, just be careful of the LOTUS' low EN capacity. The resulting frame is much more tougher and has a faster OB while still retaining that muscular look of your older AC, though this version looks a bit more top heavy than your original creation, my version is also less EN efficient and has less air time than the original.

The changes I made will put your AC overweight even with tunes, so I made a couple of recommendations for your weapons to fit while somewhat compromising your missile system:

To save more weight, try looking into the 69M starter missile pack. While less damaging and slower firing than the SATYROS, it has nearly double the ammo capacity and its noticeably more accurate at longer ranges (though the missiles significantly travel slower than the SATYROS). That should save you a lot more weight, though admittedly it does not pack the same punch as the its larger cousin. I also downgraded the relations to the RM, which gives a nice burst of missiles when you need them as a surprise. In essence, you have a missile system you can use to poke at your opponents at far ranges, and a mid to close range gun combo in addition to relation missiles to use as a surprise.

Here's a list of parts for the design to make it easier to digest everything that I just typed:

S4 (Changed head for more defense. I just used this because there was spare weight. Change it back to the original if you want)
EOS
GIBBON
89F
VULTURE2
F73H
LOTUS
ANANDA
-
RM
69M
RA2 (Just a preference on my part. I like it more than the RA because of its better zoom feature :p)
RL
BP

Tune accordingly and set the option parts as you see fit :p let us know what you think.

Messages In This Thread
Venator - by Fox - 11-26-2009, 08:26 PM
RE: Hadranael - by NiX - 11-27-2009, 10:08 AM
RE: Hadranael - by J.E_Magog - 11-27-2009, 01:54 PM
RE: Hadranael - by NiX - 11-27-2009, 01:56 PM
RE: Hadranael - by Fox - 11-27-2009, 08:11 PM
RE: Hadranael - by DarkFury - 11-30-2009, 02:01 PM
RE: Hadranael - by Terminator98 - 11-30-2009, 11:19 PM
RE: Venator - by Lord_Leperman - 12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
RE: Venator - by Terminator98 - 12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
RE: Venator - by NiX - 12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
RE: Venator - by Fox - 12-07-2009, 11:21 AM