Current time: 09-27-2024, 07:07 PM
business oppurtunity
theGrim Wrote:Seriously though, from the perspective of a person living on the other side of the big pond, the notion is something that's easy to dismiss as offensive.

I think I'm familiar enough with the Filipino culture to at least present a valid outsider's perspective. I'm not arguing on behalf of a moral judgment call that's distinctly American. I'm quite sure everyone here would agree with me that self-acceptance for him/herself and less discrimination among the "fashionable" people ought to be the norm. The argument is essentially a racist/post-colonial one, and it's very disheartening that most don't even realize it.

It's the same way here with skin tanning. I remember that the trend started when women tanned their skin to make it seem as if they were wealthy or privileged enough to travel to sunnier places in the south.

theGrim Wrote:My own guess is that it's a Filipino culture thing to be sort of uncomfortable in your own skin. Especially when we get flooded all the time by images of Western predominant beauty.

The current standard of beauty is unattainable unless treatments or surgery is sought. Reading fashion spreads in magazines makes you feel like shit, doesn't it.

Shintetsu Wrote:To tell the truth, MOST of the people in the Philippines who have the budget to get Glutathione treatments don't even know of its better effects. And they also don't know that this excess intake of Glutathione will most probably just be dumped by their system. They have the pockets to empty, we have the minds of opportunists. Plain and simple. They just don't know enough.

http://feministing.com/archives/006545.html
^ Read and put yourself in the shoes of Unilever.

Also, I want to add that there's a global grain shortage and prices of all commodities (especially oil) are going up. Natural disasters have also left hundreds of thousands of people in need of aid in Asia at the moment. Surely there are better and more altruistic ways to get rich people who don't know any better to spend their money.

I know you don't mean any malice, but what you wrote above comes off as incredibly arrogant, yet naive.

Shintetsu Wrote:If you were a Filipina, or at least if you grew up here, I'm sure you'd understand, Miss Apple. No offense intended.

Read my response to Grim, and also ask someone from your local Gabriela women's organization on what they think about the topic if you're still interested in it.

* Addendum: The product only works for 2-4 months says this site:
http://www.skingeek.com/glutathione-supe...ng-action/

It's like becoming a crackhead LOL Both these products release dopamine, too. In other words, if you're not sick, you don't need it.

More links:

"Immune system boosters are a scam."
http://blog.healthtalk.com/zimney/immune...ms-around/

"SCAM ALERT: Glutathione is heavily marketed and advertised online as a miracle cure for numerous ailments, conditions and diseases"
http://www.alsforums.com/definitions/glutathione.html

Messages In This Thread
business oppurtunity - by AEA1 - 05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
RE: business oppurtunity - by cabs - 05-22-2008, 02:09 PM
RE: business oppurtunity - by Grim - 05-22-2008, 08:48 PM
RE: business oppurtunity - by Lord_Leperman - 05-23-2008, 08:25 AM
RE: business oppurtunity - by AEA1 - 05-23-2008, 08:57 PM
RE: business oppurtunity - by Shintetsu - 05-24-2008, 12:41 AM
RE: business oppurtunity - by AppleHead - 05-24-2008, 12:54 AM
RE: business oppurtunity - by Grim - 05-24-2008, 01:24 AM
RE: business oppurtunity - by AppleHead - 05-24-2008, 11:35 AM
RE: business oppurtunity - by Shintetsu - 05-24-2008, 01:49 AM