Current time: 09-23-2024, 08:28 PM
The RR pen and paper RPG
generally I'll be basing this on whatever material I can lay my hands on the only pnp I have been exposed too (exalted, and Hunter) are cheep asses and require you too buy there books >_> so I'll be basing this on experience...

my warning to you is that I have bad habit of complicating things more than it should >_<... but yeah this can be done...

the rules shall mainly involve d20 dice to be what gms use to decide the outcome of events

anyway one problem is building up the world for the pilots because AC is all about the Mechs and less about other stuff ... diba?? it would be better if we can extend the world to the pilots point of view ... as in how you interact with ohters, how you book fights anyway.

stats:
exalted has 3 stat categories with 3 stats each these dictate the physycal and mental capability of a player in exlated these are strenght, dexterity,stamina,charm, manipulation, appearance, perception, intelligence, and wits ,,, so what about us??? remember players are the PEOPLE and maybe just maybe they do not want to be pilots ... maybe they want to be parts brokers or those group of soldiers firing dinky shots at you during missions.

skills:
in from what I know there are 20 skills split into 5 categories. these 5 categories cater to a different aspect simply put this are fighting (mainly strenght but also dex), defense (mostly aligned to stamina and appearance), nerd stuff (crafting, lore ... those stuff), dexterity stuff (well not all but stuff like athletics, dodging, theivery those stuff), and more witty stuff ( riding, sailing, beaucracy). the divides do not generally cater to one aspect but a set of aspects that are alike (dizzying at first yes but yeah converted to AC what if some guy hates your guts and tries to kill you in a dark alley or something no AC around to help you you gotta fight or talk to him, another example; your in a mission but it seems rather to hard even for you but you have good bureaucracy and leadership skillls you rally what support if any you have and talk over some forces of the other guy? diba its not all about shooting ... anyway your choice simple and narrow or complicated and wide)
also the player can add his own class of sub category skill like for what a AC class of crafting skill you say your proficient at making laser blades so when you decide to create your own laser blade your better at it rather than making guns ... anyway how success is determinted is by your proficiency which translates to how many d20 dice would be rolled, up to how how the number is to be considered a success, and how many successes you get, and bonusses for getting more rolls than neccessary (and the reverse is when you fail oh so much you get the appropriate amount of punishment maybe even going over the mere failure of your work and something else happening thats bad)... eg blade making requires 6 successes and you have 4 wits and 5 crafting with 3 for blade crafting equals 12 dice would be rolled. and after the roll you get 12!!! successes *wow* you didn't just make a blade you freaking made a uber moonlight or something,... basically iit displays you luck
\
backgrounds

money:
in exalted there is no precise monetary value but a background stat of resource going from 1-5 one being shitty poor to 5 meaning owning a very large mansion. I propose this too going from a scale of 1-10 where one is you being so poor you can only but buy food for yourself and you not being able to maintain your AC, 2 being your somewhat better of , 5 is like us with around 45% completion rate in LR and 10 being you having 99999999 money or something (this only applies to how rich you are meaning that it involves monetary aspects only lets say your so rich but you don't have any access to better equipment then you have a army of dinky ACs at your hand. money does not always translate to technology and all the other stuff!

Im late for school so thats it for now pls research too!!! anyway all of these are based on Exalted from White-wolf.com (not an advertisement) so you can check it there download some of the stuff you can do but to be honest the site doesn't over much T_T its cries *buy the quide bok and that tpe of *&%*&)
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Messages In This Thread
The RR pen and paper RPG - by clonezero - 11-27-2007, 08:35 PM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by NiX - 11-27-2007, 09:39 PM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by Fox - 11-28-2007, 03:45 AM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by clonezero - 11-28-2007, 04:33 AM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by NiX - 11-28-2007, 02:21 PM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by clonezero - 11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by NiX - 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by Grim - 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by clonezero - 11-29-2007, 06:37 AM
RE: The RR pen and paper RPG - by NiX - 11-29-2007, 06:47 AM