Current time: 09-30-2024, 09:53 AM
Before the Apocalypse
DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the countries or organizations mentioned throughout the story (with the sole exceptions of the Empire and its military), as well as any of the people mentioned (unless otherwise stated).

Prologue: Two Hearts, One Love

It had been 13 years since the Great War, which was fought between the nations of the Earth and their space-faring brethren from the Empire, had begun, throwing the world and its people into a state of Armageddon. What had used to be a pristine habitat for humanity had been turned into a literal hell, the ground blazing from several of the Empire's periodic orbital strikes. The United States, once one of the most powerful countries on the face of the planet, had started to take on the appearance of Mercury's cratered, barren surface. The rest of the world weren't faring any better, the remainder of the Earth's population forced to live in subterranean cities to survive.

It wasn't always been like this, though?

(Flashback) 7 years ago, at the beginning of the Great World Draft and full-scale war between the Earth and the Empire

"Isn't it nice to have meetings like this during weekends?" I asked, sipping a cup of tea my host had prepared earlier.

"Sure is nice," my friend replied. "It's not every day I get visitors from other countries, especially noting where you came from."

"True," I had replied, my attention diverted to the picture on the mantle of his fireplace. After picking it up, I showed it to him, asking, "So, she's the one you were telling me about, huh?"

"Yeah," he answered. "She's very sweet once you get to know her."

"Oh, really?" I inquired, staring at the picture.

"Sure," he answered, his smooth, low voice reinforcing his words and their meaning. "I believe you two have met before."

"Yeah," I answered, surprised he had still remembered our close friendship with her when the 3 of us went to school together. "We did."

Telling by the twinkle in his obsidian eyes and the way he responded to me, I could tell he loved her very much.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with that.

So did I...

To be continued...

A/N: This is something I just started a few minutes ago, so forgive me for any "rough spots" in the story.

A complete explanation will be given <a href='http://www.ravenrepublic.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=894' target='_blank'>here</a> as well as where your comments will go.

By the way, this is based on a situation I'm dealing with right now (well, the underlying love story, that is).
Jade: Ah, the scent of love is in the air.
Luke & Tear: Love?!
Mieu: I don't smell anything. What's it smell like? Apple gels?
Jade: More like a certain young religious leader.

-from a ToA skit... (related to current avvie...just read the skit yourself and you'll get it)

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by ex nihilo - 07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
[No subject] - by ex nihilo - 07-17-2007, 10:08 AM