Current time: 09-28-2024, 07:20 AM
Zion
First off, welcome to the Republic! Smile

Your frame has pretty good defense, care of the Cougar legs. Sting, E2 and the FG arms are all usable enough. I don't have an idea in hell as to what is going on with your tunes though. Haha.

EDIT: Wait... now I do.

I have, however, a suspicion that you relied on the letter system to make this AC. Tongue If you're just looking to fight AI, then all's OK. But if you're planning to fight other people, I have a few suggestions.

Gull has good power, yes, but Vulture2 has better acceleration, and lower heat. Currently you run at around 330-340 kph. That's just enough for midweights, but there are some designs out there that will make you go faster.

Orchid is just too damn heavy for its own good. Might work on tanks, but for bipeds it's just too much. Ragora bleeds you heavily on the energy requirements from the get go. Try G91 for the generator, and the all-purpose Ananda for the radiator. Since G91 runs cooler, a downgrade (or is that an upgrade? lol) for your radiator is in order.

Now that I think about it, since it's a midweight anyway, why not go LR standard for your BGR? Vulture2 + G91 + Ananda. That should solve your current self-heating problem.

Volute2, OK. If you can work that, fine. But I suggest you try Volute, F73H and Monju. F73H is the best for dual gunning since it has good parallel sight value. Monju is for quick missile locks (the problem for Volute2, at least for me, is that it gets too small to keep track of the more mobile enemies, especially when you're dual gunning).

I haven't seen anyone use contact mines before, and I believe they're just in the game for their novelty value. If you want some inside part that explodes, use Urchins.

MP locks slow, and it doesn't track very well. I suggest you look into the Nymphe or even the 69M missiles for quick spam and drop with the RM extensions.

Why have a radar when your head has one already? That's putting on more excessive and unnecessary weight. Furthermore, when using radars in LR, RA is all you need. Trust me on that.

Pixie2 hasn't been used much, but it's a good gun. Not as powerful as the Pixie3, but I've been reading stuff about it that says that it has a tighter bead on the enemy, as well as less spread. SRS, fine.

Lastly, for your optionals, you don't need EC with the Orchid. Or even the G91, although you can opt to put it there anyway. Drop the Kissyoh and the LA, and invest in a Codon. Drop the Ribose and R+ for the Marishi as well.

It turns out, if you keep the Gull and try my suggestions, you can make your AC go 100 kph faster, while keeping your defenses intact. Huzzah! Salute

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Kaoz666 - 02-13-2007, 03:23 AM
[No subject] - by Grim - 02-13-2007, 06:31 AM
[No subject] - by Lord_Leperman - 02-13-2007, 07:38 AM
[No subject] - by wanzerfreak - 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
[No subject] - by Goat - 02-13-2007, 10:23 PM
[No subject] - by Kaoz666 - 02-14-2007, 12:59 AM
[No subject] - by Goat - 02-14-2007, 08:22 AM
[No subject] - by Serene - 02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
[No subject] - by Iguana - 02-16-2007, 01:29 PM
[No subject] - by Kaoz666 - 02-16-2007, 05:13 PM