Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:42 PM
Poll: I'm...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Religious
33.33%
9 33.33%
Agnostic
25.93%
7 25.93%
Atheist
18.52%
5 18.52%
Deist
22.22%
6 22.22%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Organized Religion Discussion Thread
^ More people like him please.
(03-02-2012, 09:11 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: Archie Comics CEO's reply when told by Anti-Gay groups to drop a comic featuring the series' first gay wedding:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/29/o...toys-r-us/

Quote:We stand by Life with Archie #16. As I’ve said before, Riverdale is a safe, welcoming place that does not judge anyone. It’s an idealized version of America that will hopefully become reality someday. We’re sorry the American Family Association/One Million Moms feels so negatively about our product, but they have every right to their opinion, just like we have the right to stand by ours. Kevin Keller will forever be a part of Riverdale, and he will live a happy, long life free of prejudice, hate and narrow-minded people.

Freakin' awesome. It's like my childhood suddenly came back, all grown up and mature, in a good way Big grin

Win.
Quote:A ranking Church official has belittled the alleged death threat on President Benigno Aquino III, saying only bright and excellent leaders get such threats on their lives.

Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz said only govenment officials who are being envied by others get death threats.

"Bakit siya papatayin kung wala nga siyang kakayahan? Ang pinapatay ay yun talagang magagaling. Matitindi at talagang mahuhusay,"Cruz told Church-run Radyo Veritas.

The prelate, however, pointed out that it is the privilege of the President to be provided with a bulletproof vehicle for his own protection and security.

"Maganda nga yan mayroon bagong laruan para sa presidente. Para mag-enjoy naman siya kahit papano. It’s a toy. It’s a novelty. At siguro narinig din niya na sa ibang bansa ay may mga ganyang sasakyan ang presidente... Pagbigyan na natin. Magtiis na muna sa gutom si Juan de la Cruz," Cruz added.

link

I'm not pro administration at all but that was below the belt, especially because it was from someone who's supposed to be able to show good moral judgement.
Quote:"Bakit siya papatayin kung wala nga siyang kakayahan? Ang pinapatay ay yun talagang magagaling. Matitindi at talagang mahuhusay,"Cruz told Church-run Radyo Veritas.

I doubt people wanted the likes of Idi Amin, Hitler, Mussolini, Ghaddafi, or our very own Marcos dead because they were such erudite rulers.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Trolling the Anti-RH peeps, like a baws Smile

http://gmanetwork.com/news/story/253618/...o-rh-group

Quote:Ten thousand pesos will be donated to the Reproductive Health Advocacy Network (RHAN) – in the name of staunch RH bill oppositor Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III.

On April Fool's Day – which, incidentally, was celebrated this year by devout Catholics as Palm Sunday – the Filipino Freethinkers (FF) “awarded” Sotto his prize for winning the “Bigot of the Year Award” at the group’s “R.S.S. (Reason, Science & Secularism) Forum” in UP-Ayalaland Technohub.

An online poll was held on the FF website on whom they considered “a Filipino who best exemplifies irrational prejudice against a group of people, and who has used considerable power and influence to offend and oppress this group.” The winner gets the prize money donated in their name to a deserving organization that works to uplift the conditions of the offended group or works to fight for a good cause the Bigotry awardee has opposed.

In a statement posted on the group’s website on Monday, the FF thanked Sotto for his supposed cash contribution – made in his name – “in direct support of women’s rights and pushing for the passage of the Reproductive Health Bill currently pending in both houses of Congress.”

“I wholeheartedly thank Senator Sotto for his contribution to the cause and congratulate him on his victory,” said FF RH Advocacy Director Kenneth Keng.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Creationism fail. Says the tyrannosaurus was originally a herbivore before "the flood". Continues on to compare the T-rex to a panda...

A Panda-Rex?
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(12-09-2012, 01:31 PM)Fox Wrote: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...

I've been waiting a long time for this phrase to pop up in this thread. Finally. Smile
Pope Benedict's resigning, and so this might be the next thing to look out for. Tongue
Seems like we're at the end of the list. Time for Battle Pope.

[Image: 250px-Battle_Pope_01_cover_zps0f590fe2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh interesting animal-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 241 297,696 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting PHL-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 126 169,178 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread Sforza 1,527 1,630,031 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Filipino Freethinkers // RH Bill discussion Twin-Skies 11 19,574 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: clonezero
  2010 RP Elections Discussion Thread Sforza 159 176,913 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fox
  The Obama thread atdsutm 16 22,013 04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog