Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:03 AM
Poll: I'm...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Religious
33.33%
9 33.33%
Agnostic
25.93%
7 25.93%
Atheist
18.52%
5 18.52%
Deist
22.22%
6 22.22%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Organized Religion Discussion Thread
Recently there's been a lot of posts on the behavior of the catholic church at our news thread, so we might as well just move discussions and news links here to prevent the news thread from becoming a catholic church discussion thread.

In case you guys weren't aware, the church sex abuse scandals sweeping Europe have been in the news for the last couple of weeks. Before, it was concentrated mostly in America, and the Vatican played it down by saying that the American media was the one making a big deal out of the issue.

It basically started out in Ireland, and then spread to Germany, Austria and Italy. In Ireland alone, complaints are already numbering a staggering 15,000. The Dublin Archdiocese was recently called out for covering up abuse claims against 170 or so priests.

All this meant that it was only a matter of time before the Papacy would be hit by the scandal. Last week, the Pope's brother was accused of abusing young boys at a choir school he directed.

Even ex-Vienna Boys Choir members are coming out to say they were abused.

Proverbial shit is expected to hit the fan this week, because the sex abuse scandal has just reached the pope.

Quote:A 2001 Vatican letter he sent to all bishops advising them that all cases of sexual abuse of minors must be forwarded to his then-office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, and that the cases were to be subject to pontifical secret.

The Pope is also being accused of arranging the transfer of a child abusing priest, who then went on to abuse more children after his transfer.

Also read:

CBCP says condoms promote promiscuity, AIDS
LOL Finally. LOL

Not directly related, but I just want to get this out of the way: I am not an atheist. But I definitely do not believe in organized religion anymore. Partially cuz of shit as linked above. LOL
turn vatican into one big museum...attract tourist and let the Catholic 'faith' as an organized religion fade into display just like how kings are in european countries...those fuckers who thought of themselves as divine....yea now you're all topic for fail print media tabloids.

Vatican....lol...look at that castle. It's filled with lies and money...and probably CP.... =/
the idea was great, the execution of it was....wtfyoudoingyoumissingthepoint....
shit has got to end.

Vatican is better of turned into one big museum...and have the proceeds spread to charities indiscriminately...
or...a huge prison for CHILD MOLESTERS.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Ang nakakainis talaga matagal nang nangyayari yan. Vomit
Ngayon lang siguro nagsilabasan ang mga biktima dahil ngayon may makikinig na sa kanila.

I castrate nalang ang mga pari at ang mga gustong mag pari, magandang ritual yon.
The Catholic Church. I'd rather call it 'The Catholic Cult'. Full of BS, and then some more.

Organized religion could be fine if it was done right, ie. the old biblical days. Then again, if this Catholic 'Church' were the primary example, then no thanks.
"Organized" religion? More like a dogmatic system for shoving other people's beliefs up your ass.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
This thread reminds me of something...

I hate my CLE teacher D:

(And everyone else does too - we all have the same teacher in the entire batch LOL )
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
lol CLE.............brings back memories. i want a big bag of Jesus Chips lol.....jesus chips...anyway...i remembered as a kid that i wondered why don't people bring peanut butter with them or jam to make 'sawsaw' on =O
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
What I hate most are 'worshipers' who read the bible everyday, as a part of their daily routine, say that they nobody has the right to judge others but God, then say after a while that the earthquake victims in Haiti deserve what happened because they're a bunch of voodoo dudes...
That and breaking 6 of the 10 commandments with no remores or even just a little regret.

Priests who do thing like that -eeew- should resign. Using the sacrament of Confession and the concept of God forgives as an excuse and shield is very for the lack of harsher words in my vocabulary, is disgusting. Kaya sumisikip sa impyerno eh.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Playing an obscure game = nonconformist beliefs? LOL
Several years ago:
"The bread that you eat during mass is Jesus."
"JESUS TASTES LIKE PAPER!?!? O__O" LOL

Last year:

Friend: I'm not saying I hate Christianity, it's more of that I hate the head honcho.

Me: Why?

Friend: He took away more lives than the Devil did - including His own kid's!

Me: ...

Friend: POOR JEEEEESUS NEEDS A HUUUUUUUUUUUUG D:
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
(03-16-2010, 03:10 PM)HayWire Wrote: Several years ago:
"The bread that you eat during mass is Jesus."
"JESUS TASTES LIKE PAPER!?!? O__O" LOL

Last year:

Friend: I'm not saying I hate Christianity, it's more of that I hate the head honcho.

Me: Why?

Friend: He took away more lives than the Devil did - including His own kid's!

Me: ...

Friend: POOR JEEEEESUS NEEDS A HUUUUUUUUUUUUG D:

This made me smile. Happy
'Signatures are overrated.'
[Image: 2vht0kl.jpg]

Gold mine right here: http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21 LOL
yeah right. lol
<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-alignWhistleight; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-16-2010/holy-sh-t'>Holy Sh*t<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-alignWhistleight'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:267785' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes'>Daily Show<br/> Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/videos/tag/health'>Health Care Reform</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh interesting animal-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 241 297,710 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting PHL-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 126 169,187 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread Sforza 1,527 1,630,067 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Filipino Freethinkers // RH Bill discussion Twin-Skies 11 19,575 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: clonezero
  2010 RP Elections Discussion Thread Sforza 159 176,918 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fox
  The Obama thread atdsutm 16 22,014 04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog