Current time: 09-28-2024, 10:19 AM
EA's low blow to blizz
Hahah yeah Battlefield was awesome. Battlefield 2 is pretty good too.

Actually, not all the games that EA brings out are bad. The difference with EA and Blizzard is the latter's unmatchable product support.

StarCraft for example, being the 10-year-old game that it is, actually just got a new patch!

Imagine if FROMsoft had that kind of support for AC. Tongue
AFAIK both companies have different consumer targets, EA aims at the casual players and the younger audience who are just into FPS and sports, hoping to attract more customers with the typical style of gaming (take Bethesda's example on Fallout 3)

On the other hand, Blizzard remains loyal to its fanbase. You know how dedicated Bliz is to their fans, and the fans know how important they are to Blizzard (they made a Korean version of the SC2 intro when Bliz gave 'em a peek on SC2's development).
2k sports series owns the live series.
even though both games target the casual, 2k series delivered a better gameplay experience that rewards the better player.

And my undieing hatred to EA still continues.
Exactly. EA thinks too much like a conglomerate. And indeed, that's what they are.
EA is a conglomerate already

anyways

no one should buy any EA games anymore BWAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
But hey, Blizzard's become pretty big too ever since they merged with Activision.
but they do their work seperately, and not abusing IPs just for profit with half-assed games full of advertisement shit and no quality.
(09-30-2008, 07:36 PM)atdsutm Wrote: but they do their work seperately, and not abusing IPs just for profit with half-assed games full of advertisement shit and no quality.
Hey, I think I remember THAT article I read a few days ago if you know what I mean.
lol IMO

Blizzard - Sniper

EA - Minigunner

LOL

I will never come to terms with RA3 for they erased Boris!!!!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

EA isn't so bad. Yeah they produce the mass-market games. So what? There's always going to be the biggest player in any game. EA Sports gets the bad rep it deserves, but EA Sports isn't EA.

The Need for Speed games are solid arcade racing titles. It's just that they deal with the popular (or is that unpopular?) tuner culture, so they get a lot of negative, anti-ricer arguments. Burnout's another example of a good franchise.

Yes, we know it will be beaten by StarCraft 2, but who here has played Red Alert 3 to really have a definitive say on whether it's good or bad?

Also, The Sims. Spore. Maxis. Will Wright. Bad? I hardly think so.

---

No, I don't work for EA, and probably never will. I just don't like to see a whole company's name being smeared just because it's a big corporation, or because one of its divisions rehashes sports games year after year.
i have played RA3
(09-30-2008, 03:11 PM)AppleHead Wrote: Back to topic for a sec?

EA = McD's of gaming. Not even Starbucks. McD's.

Well, McD's and Starbucks got me through college LOL

For me, EA is just another gaming company. Let any company get big enough and they'll probably do the same.
(10-01-2008, 12:20 PM)clonezero Wrote: lol IMO

Blizzard - Sniper

EA - Minigunner

LOL

I will never come to terms with RA3 for they erased Boris!!!!

you have some relationship with boris?
Boss Grim always the gentleman Gentleman LOL Worship

Andrew you really should get a life LOL

anyway I simply idolize the dude and his akm XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(10-03-2008, 07:38 PM)clonezero Wrote: Boss Grim always the gentleman Gentleman LOL Worship

Andrew you really should get a life LOL

anyway I simply idolize the dude and his akm XD

Shifty