Gen: VITAL
Booster: DAFENG

Recon: OKITSU
Shoulder: SURAT
Larm: SR03-2
Rarm: SC62

Lhanger: MILFORD
Rhanger: SR03-2

Parts are based on the demo. I've been just tinkering with one of my ACs while waiting for ACV to arrive here in the Philippines. Anyway, here's a sniper I've been using so far. Comments, questions, trolling, criticism, and personal attacks are welcome!

[Image: EremuaNi.jpg]

Part Notes Wrote:Frame Parts:

HD41:
Something I preferred over than most heads due to its CE defense and its scanning range. Not to mention the EN drain is lower.

UCR-10/A:
For use against KE-based weaponry. Not to mention the low EN drain and weight. Also preferred to use this over the CR113 due to the heat resistance during Overed Weapon encounters.

NARVA:
Normally I'd choose the AM29S over this one, but I wouldn't mind sacrificing more EN usage and less AP in this case for an additional CE defense and arm stability. See the booster's description (DAFENG) for more details.

LG15:
A heavyweight, reverse-jointed leg. I could've chosen the quad, but I need to able to jump and fly up high with ease, climb on buildings and stay on top, while deploying sentry guns. Not to mention it enables me to shoot the sniper cannon (SC62) accurately.

Internal:

PREDIRE:
Another long range FCS like the UZUME. Less range, but more dynamic though; my AC can't depend solely on its sniper-based weaponry; it needs to work in conjunction to a sentry gun and its shoulder (middle) missiles.

VITAL:
Max EN output-based generator available in the demo.

DAFENG:
The GALE could be an alternate choice (SHINATSU seems too drainy for this AC, even in scout mode), but a high-powered booster would do; it'll be in scan mode 80% of its operation time anyway, so I wouldn't mind the High Boost consumption. Rather than for prolonged engagements, this one will play the role of a guerilla sniper-harasser, and I need it to move out of heated engagements quickly. Not to mention that banking is easily achieved with high-powered boosters.

Weapons:

OKITSU:
Its way of deployment works just how monkeys in the zoo toss adhesive shit at people. I also want full control regarding where these beacons will drop at (i like how they're thrown like grenades launched like a mortar shell).

SURAT:
Middle missile. Works for me in middle-long range harassments. Not to mention most of my weapons are KE-based, so having a different ATK attribute helps. Works best with the AC's sniper rifle. Plus points for the sentries too, in case they're deployed while participating in a mobile fight.

SC62:
Sniper cannon; also the reason why I needed sentry guns. It can either be preserved or dropped early, whatever the situation tells me to. Put some wheels and it'll look like a bulldozer.

SR03-2:
Role-related reason.

Hanger Weapons:

SR03-2 (Hanger part for SC62):
Nobody wants to carry a sniper cannon all day.

MILFORD (Hanger part for the SR03-2 on hand):
Deploys sentry guns; possibly the most significant weapon I'll need next to the sniper cannon. Keep moving around in boost mode and set up traps, ambushes, cover, and support fire while you and your teammates attack. I actually had my ass handed by these against an invading duo. Full story.

PS:
In retrospect, now I'm doubting; will Datablitz even import the Japanese version here? Was the JP version of Dark Souls even imported here? No. FUCK. FFFFUCK.
Bumping.

All new section thanks to Mix. Smile
Pretty good. I can imagine this bouncing around and dodging mid-air at long ranges, taking pot-shots with its sniper rifle, while HB-ing often to dodge long range attacks. The VITAL supports the DAFENG boosters easily. The SC sounds more like an opportunity weapon for support on a distracted opponent (by other team members, or is just lost) rather than something you'd use against an incoming opponent aware of your location and presence.

However, with the high jumping nature of RJ's, the Sniper Cannon seems to be a miss-match given you'll have to stay on one spot, and on the ground to be able to do some damage. What do you think about adding a 2nd MILFORD to replace the SC? That way, you can at least increase your defensive perimeter, and have a pair sniper rifles on your target while still being able to take full advantage of your mobility for evasion at longer ranges. At the same time you'll be able to launch at most 3 sentries that can help protect your position

In addition, the legs and the arms don't give enough stability for the SC to be accurate enough to be effective at range. At least in the demo, the only way to get a sure shot, on the dot accuracy with the SC is by using the quad legs. While using it (against the AI sadly for the demo) I always ended up falling back to the SR and ditching the SC as soon as the enemy AC was near close range.

I like the idea though, it's just too bad we still have a limited selection of parts to choose from at the moment Sad Maybe when the full version is out we'll be able to see a more complete design.
Ok, time for nijiadvice.

Your head part doesn't actually determine scanning range, just scanner speed. Lower numbers mean it takes longer to scan and pull up info on the target than higher numbers.

Heat Resistance on cores only applies to your own OW, which puts you into an Overed state (upon activation of the OW) where you start to melt down. Some cores are better at this than others and each core also has another stat that applies only during the Overed state, this stat is EN Ability. EN Ability increases your boosters thrust output and increases the speed at which your OW will charge up to usable levels. Your generator also enters Overed state when you turn on an OW, which drastically increases output.

Firing stability is wonderful for shooting that sniper cannon like a machine gun, but won't really benefit the sniper rifles and sentry gun much.

RJ legs are very good for setting up sniper positions in an offensive field. Quads are better at defensive positioning than they are at offensive positioning.

Predire is a much better FCS than Uzume. Uzume is terrible and designed for nothing but pure slowfloat distant chipping damage. It's useless for much of anything else due to limited special features and a tiny lockring that gets even smaller when you QB/OB around.

I personally don't like the high EN Output generators unless you're stuck in positions that prevent you from being able to enter scan mode often, but there's definitely nothing wrong with the generator choice. Especially since you're not using an OW.

High power boosters are better for HWs of all types, yes. High acceleration are better for LWs. They don't have the durable force to drag a HW around, so they'll just drain you and make you go nowhere. You can imagine high acceleration being something like hitting someone with your car. If they're skinny they'll go flying, if they're fat they'll just fall down. High power is more like tying someone to your car with a chain and dragging them around.

Okitsu is great for snipers and your weapons scream out dedicated sniper support.

Sentry Guns are godly, yes. Chode and I had about 20 straight wins during last day of online demo and it was just me and him defending vs 5 people in nearly every match. I think Chode died 1x by accident during the entire event. Sentry Guns + My Custom Defense Map Layout + 2x Tanks made it virtually impossible to be aggressive unless you really knew what you were doing.

-----

None of that really helps with my take on the AC, though. I'd probably prefer it if it used KV-3D5 generator, WIESENT AM29S arms, and USM-13 GULBARGA missiles.

Why these changes? Well, I'll start with the simplest. The arms lose a tiny bit of stability on an AC that doesn't really need to refire that fast but get AP and more energy. The missiles are better at scaring away LWs and MWs and they lock much faster, but obviously terrible vs things that are far away. I feel you're already good at killing things that are far away, though.

KV-3D5. If you had tried to invade my territory with that RJ and you had for any reason not taken the river you would have had 0 energy. I had multiple generator jammer fields set up at the mountain exit and they straight rape generators with poor resistance. You wouldn't have been able to get off the ground. On top of which, I had six middle missile turrets all pointed at those exits as well. I don't remember anything actually making it out of those tunnels in all our games. Only safe way to enter the base was through the river.

Anyway, my point is that the high output generator isn't actually the safest thing to use necessarily. With the change in arms you're only losing about 2,000 output in combat mode, but you gain about 30,000 capacity too. Along with almost triple the resistance to jamming.

Besides those three parts though, I feel that your AC is actually very well designed.

EDIT: A second Milford won't help. You can only control so many automatons at a time, depending on your FCS. Having more than one sentry gun is for laying them down faster or getting variety in the sentry gun types.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
@ Niji:

Sorry for the late reply, but can you elaborate further about the head thing? Anyway, I got the HD41 because I believed that it had one of the longest scan ranges available, which I picked up for the sake of knowing my opponents' position, and getting their info while taking cover behind buildings (i'm not sure if i'm deluded about the scan ranges though, but i think it's related to the camera ability/カメラ性能 of the head).

Also, this is the reason why I like the OKITSU; just as you said, for sniping. More specifically a sniper-harasser, so the reason why I tried using the VITAL was for trying to constantly 'move' and harass people.

Plus, a generator jammer? Holy shit, wow. That's certainly more tactics involved. I've been trying the KV-3D5 a day or two ago, which I've had trouble getting used to for the first few hours, until I finally had to switch to the AM29S arms. Thanks for the heads up! (and 20 straight wins... O__O)

---

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be taking a break from the demo for now though; I must de-rust for a bit, for this. Big grin

Of course, additional info and more advice would be greatly appreciated!
Oh wow, I went ahead and hit select on the camera ability stat to see what the description for it was and it says it does affect scanning ability. Crazy. I always just used my recon units to scan for me. I guess that means you can't scan things in your recon vision if they're too far away from your actual head or something?

Either way, the camera ability stat affects FCS lock-on range as well, which is what I understood it to do before. I just thought that was all it does, haha.

You are right then. I was just being crazy.

The 20 straight wins were super easy. I used a custom map layout that placed 6 or 7 Middile Missile turrets at the mountain road exits and 2 generator jammer fields that basically completely shut off the output of most generators, even the 3D5. Then I laid down 3 sentry guns and Chode and I proceeded to just shoot everything that came anywhere near us in tanks. Coming through the tunnels was pure death. We took out maybe 7 teams in 2v5 scenarios. A few people were smart enough to use the river to invade, but they couldn't come close to breaking all our helis or killing us since they still have to somehow approach that deathtrap area I set up to get 1-2 of the final helicopters. It was pretty lame on our part, tbh, but we were having fun. Haha.

To put it simply: Offenders NEED mobility AND information or they'll just get clean raped by any decent team.
Went ahead and looked through the other stats to see if there were any other abnormal bonuses and found out that head stability modifies your effective booster output.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Quote:The 20 straight wins were super easy. I used a custom map layout that placed 6 or 7 Middile Missile turrets at the mountain road exits and 2 generator jammer fields that basically completely shut off the output of most generators, even the 3D5. Then I laid down 3 sentry guns and Chode and I proceeded to just shoot everything that came anywhere near us in tanks. Coming through the tunnels was pure death. We took out maybe 7 teams in 2v5 scenarios. A few people were smart enough to use the river to invade, but they couldn't come close to breaking all our helis or killing us since they still have to somehow approach that deathtrap area I set up to get 1-2 of the final helicopters. It was pretty lame on our part, tbh, but we were having fun. Haha.

Is it possible to see a screencap of that field set up?
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Demo) Hordor, demo version Lord_Leperman 10 10,412 01-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Niji
  (Demo) NoName J.E_Magog 1 2,830 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Niji