Current time: 06-29-2024, 03:01 PM
Pinoy movies...
Got something about local pinoy films you'd love to get off your chest, or have ideas on what the local industry needs?

As for my list:

1. Heavy-handed, cheesy, often unbelievable dialogues for most romance flicks.
2. <I> *Dumb* Slapstick comedy </i>
3. repetitive use of celebrities and so-called love teams.
4. Obvious ripoffs of other movie plots (There's a difference between borrowing ideas, and all-out plagiarism, FYI)

I understand that some of these crimes are not exclusive to the local cinema. The thing is our local films have a penchant for pulling them off far more consistently. Sure, there's always going to be that crappy foreign flick or anime you'd rather forget, but at least it's often balanced out be a timeless classic that releases around the same time.

I see not such thing happening to our local flicks - they're all crap AFAIK. I limit my comment to our mainstream films btw, though even our indie scene has been suffering from overused plots as of late.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
yeah timeless classics in the Phils are really hard to come by dekada 60 and Rizal are the only two I remember

I also like films with Eddie Garcia less love more cursing LOL

comedies were better in the olden days even though most are copies but the lack of awareness of foreign films made them good none the less ( heck maybe that's what their doing making fil versions for the english impaired?)

I faintly remember one where a guy getting mauled by a mananagal keeps on screaming "MGA KATANOD!"
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies saved by historical inaccuracies Grim 1 3,261 10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Last Post: NiX
  Upcoming action movies J.E_Magog 2 4,082 05-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman