Current time: 06-17-2024, 05:57 AM
(Demo) Hordor, demo version
Heavy Kneeler
Kneelers usually had a bad rep in previous AC games, but in ACV they may actually have some potential this time around.

Head: TRISTAN (Used for quick scans)
Core: UCR-10/A (KE defense)
Arms: WEISENT (CE defense)
Legs: KT-4N2 (TE defense and defense multiplier when kneeling)

FCS: PREDIRE
Generator: SONNE (Heavy gen with very high cap)
Booster: ORKAN (low drain booster)

Recon: OKITSU (Sticky recon) or MENTOR (Follow recon)
R Arm: EUONYMOUS (Folding Cannon)
L Arm: MILFORD (Sentry launcher)
Shoulder: JABALPUR (VTF missile)
Overed W: -none-
R Hangar: CALENDULA (Rifle)
L Hangar: CERCIS (Battle Rifle)

Essential stats:

KE def: 1489
CE def: 1566
TE def: 2632

Defense

The main selling point of this design is the high defense bonus the legs give when kneeling down and using folding weapons. I tried it out against the tank in the test arena packing an autocannon and a heat cannon, and much to my surprise, Hordor, with just a cannon (slower ROF, same listed damage as heat cannon) wins even both tank weapons aimed at him. Sniper rifles do just about 100-175 AP damage per bullet at around 300m while kneeling, and even far less damage taken from EN weapons.

What i do not know however, is if the defense boost applies only to the AC's front arc or does it apply to the entirety of the AC when kneeling down.

Mobility

As expected from a heavy, the AC is really slow under normal conditions, even High Boosting would be really slow. Movement is going to be OB based since much of the effectiveness of the unit relies in its proper positioning in the battlefield. Thankfully OB activation is already instantaneous, and coupled with a big energy capacity of the SONNE, it can easily make a speedy and lengthy retreat when the unit gets surrounded.

Weapons

The primary weapon on this AC is the EUONYMOUS cannon, being fairly accurate up to mid to long range, the weapon works ideally till about 450m. ROF is pretty decent and it doesn't have as much accuracy issues as the Sniper Cannon at long range with biped legs.

The MILFORD is there for support, as much as possible immediately drop as much as 3 sentries (Or as much as the FCS will allow) in a protected vicinity (such as behind small hills or behind some small barriers) that will give you fire support till about 350m in front of them.

Once you've exhausted both weapons or they have outlived their tactical usefulness, use the Rifle and Battle Rife function as mid range weapons along with the VTF missile launcher on the shoulders.

Unresolved issues

A couple of issues though, being a biped means the cannons aren't going to be 100% sure shot on the mark, and may be prone to ammo wastage especially when opponents are at longer ranges. Primarily used for mid-range support under heavy fire means that you will be a focus of attention, make sure you're paired up with another ally what can hit fast and hard when you have your enemy's attention.

Comments, suggestions, reactions? This is untested in multiplayer as of the moment, and all I've just said are just based off theory.
I just tested it against the tank without using MILFORD at all.

At first, I had my AP reduced to 25k while trying to get a position on it (that fucking tank's always stuck on the water, ugh). I then proceeded to deploy my shield when it came out, and spammed the cannon until I ran out of ammo, in which the tank only had about 5k-6k AP left afterwards, while I still had about 20-22k left. My only gripe is if it could stand against someone with an SC62, especially if that guy specially made a sniper-quad for some ultimate penetration (quad legs; not those balls from Krogan).

And yes, I can see this working in tandem with one of my long range ACs (not that RJ sniper I posted), with UST-30 MILFORDs! They should just change it to UST-30 BUKKAKE or YARANAIKA. Not to mention that (my) AC looks a bit like Sight Hawk/Crow. Imagine Jack-O and Crow, standing beside one another, with a lot of spraying, penetrating babies. The wonders of team attack!

[Image: y-yaranaika20110724-22047-1lyq2i0.png]

Oh, and this being a defensive AC, was this by any chance based on this? LOL LOL LOL
I'm surprised with the kneeling defense Shock it's just your get away speed that's worrying me, especially when the cannon is out of ammo you're back fighting on two feet.
I tried swapping the shoulder missiles with teh KOHIMA chaff but I'm not sure if it does what I think it does.
Relevant:

(12-21-2006, 09:05 AM)wanzerfreak Wrote: 2900+ shell def!?!?!?!?! Jawdrop
(01-27-2012, 11:09 PM)Goat Wrote: My only gripe is if it could stand against someone with an SC62, especially if that guy specially made a sniper-quad for some ultimate penetration (quad legs; not those balls from Krogan).

Oh, and this being a defensive AC, was this by any chance based on this? LOL LOL LOL

I tried the AC against the quad with the sniper rifle (Listed damage is 2.2K, KE) and it did around under 200 damage at around 350m. I'll assume by multiplying the damage based off the KE damage of the SC by around x6, so I'm guessing around 1.2K AP loss per shot. I dunno, the damage and range properties of the SC might be different though, that and a quad can rapid fire that weapon easily.

As for your 2nd, it is based off #3 in the following pic (I know it's mean) :

[Image: family-photo.jpg]

(01-27-2012, 11:46 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: I'm surprised with the kneeling defense Shock it's just your get away speed that's worrying me, especially when the cannon is out of ammo you're back fighting on two feet.
I tried swapping the shoulder missiles with teh KOHIMA chaff but I'm not sure if it does what I think it does.

Yeah was thinking of adding a 2nd folding gun on the left arm. Maybe the autocannon or a 2nd cannon just so I can further bank on the awesome defense while kneeling. The MILFORD still sounds appealing since it can damage opponents in addition to the guns already in the AC though.

I don't know what the KOHIMA's supposed to do as well Sad.
(01-28-2012, 01:02 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: I tried the AC against the quad with the sniper rifle (Listed damage is 2.2K, KE) and it did around under 200 damage at around 350m. I'll assume by multiplying the damage based off the KE damage of the SC by around x6, so I'm guessing around 1.2K AP loss per shot. I dunno, the damage and range properties of the SC might be different though, that and a quad can rapid fire that weapon easily.

I guess that could be accurate. I tested the pilebunker against the Quad-legged test AC a few hours ago. Didn't die after I hit it 3 times iirc.

And yeah, a second kneeling weapon might work, as long as there's another AC with a MILFORD. Then you could probably just drop it afterwards and use switch to MILFORD. You would have one less rifle though.
I don't have the energy for another big post, so I'll just keep it short. I'd probably switch out Predire and Orkan for KV-2T2 and Dafeng. More power to move around more when you need it (especially wall-jumping) and a bigger lockring when you switch out weapons.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Good call on the FCS, I didn't realize that lock on range increases when kneeling down, though I'd prefer the GLANCE to maximize the cannon's range.

Swapped out VTFs for middle missiles and the arm set that launches 2 sets of shoulder weapons at a time as well. Auto cannon seems good as a 2nd folding gun as well. I'd imagine it'd scare lightly armored ACs off in multiplayer (idealy) but I don't know, I never played much of online to find out.
(01-30-2012, 01:02 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Good call on the FCS, I didn't realize that lock on range increases when kneeling down, though I'd prefer the GLANCE to maximize the cannon's range.

Swapped out VTFs for middle missiles and the arm set that launches 2 sets of shoulder weapons at a time as well. Auto cannon seems good as a 2nd folding gun as well. I'd imagine it'd scare lightly armored ACs off in multiplayer (idealy) but I don't know, I never played much of online to find out.

We'll have to know if majority of the L-MW parts aren't based on KE defense, or that autocannon won't do much, afaik. Also, is the defense multiplier only applicable from the front? I can see this sort of formation happening:

[Image: dogMating.jpg]

---

Quote:As for your 2nd, it is based off #3 in the following pic (I know it's mean) :

[Image: family-photo.jpg]

Also, other than the defense multipliers and such, it makes sense why its name is based on that retard! Look how Niji strikes a tank.

Fuck.
Holy shit, I just had to try that... and goddamn. True 1 hit KO. I dunno what were the conditions, but Hordor can do it too.
Any heavyweight OB kick will kill a tank with 1500 KE or lower pretty easy. Might even kill 2000 KE defense tanks. Just OB and be sure to use a HW biped, they have the most charge attack power. The 4N2 run something like 18,000 KE attack power per kick. Barguzin, back in the beta, ran about 19,200 or something. Landing a good solid non-OB kick will knock off about 35,000 AP from the tank. OB kick just makes it a 1HKO.

Problem isn't even aiming the kick. I have a very easy time kicking things to death. Probably cuz I did it a lot in beta/demo online, but idk. The problem is not getting stunned trying to kick them. It's very easy to get stunlockraped when you go for kicks.

Yes, HWs only apply the defense bonus to the front. Kneeling HWs are the offensive counter to tanks, so the knee plate is super important. You generally want to play range on the tank with a cannon of some kind that has a lock. Being able to zoom in and lock on and having a defense knee plate means tanks have to retreat from you. If you get too close you'll probably get dual cannon stunlockraped tho.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (DEMO): Eremua Ni Goat 6 6,636 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Last Post: McCale
  (Demo) NoName J.E_Magog 1 2,830 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Niji