The Raven Republic Forums
Super Robot Wars series - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Super Robot Wars series (/showthread.php?tid=980)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- PhAYSe - 07-29-2007

Your basic tactical game filled with beautifully designed anime-style mecha with jaw-dropping moves. The very first game in this series dates back to April 04, 1991 for the original Nintendo GameBoy

- R.Leonhardt - 07-29-2007

Adik LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

- PhAYSe - 07-29-2007

<!--QuoteBegin-R.Leonhardt+July 29, 2007 02:29 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (R.Leonhardt @ July 29, 2007 02:29 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Adik LOL&nbsp; LOL LOL LOL LOL [/quote:2705c76f25]
You know it! LOL LOL LOL LOL
(Psst! Where are my tunes and my color scheme?! Chair Being lazy isn't good y'know! No no )Big grin

- azuma-blade - 07-30-2007

naku mas malala toh kay sa akin LOL

- senzero9 - 07-30-2007

i do love super robot wars..

in fact. I even play them even if they're japanese XD

- otakuwarren - 07-30-2007

senzero9, wala naman english ang srw unless its patched :/ hehe

- Grim - 07-30-2007

<!--QuoteBegin-otakuwarren+July 30, 2007 12:47 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (otakuwarren @ July 30, 2007 12:47 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> senzero9, wala naman english ang srw unless its patched :/ hehe [/quote:078ac489d0]
That never stops people from finding ways around them. Aeon Genesis has been doing so for years. Look through the <a href='http://agtp.romhack.net/projects.php' target='_blank'>list of projects</a> for SRW goodness.

- senzero9 - 07-30-2007

oh yah! they didnt release any US version anyway LOL

its really a good game tho XD XD

better if its subbed(translated) so i can understand some part of it..

- PhAYSe - 07-30-2007

As mentioned, Original Generation 1 and 2 are out in English... They have been released in U.S. and are translated by Atlus. So far, AGTP finished translating only 2 SRW games, namely #3 for the SNES and #1 for the GameBoy (the original, big and blocky gameboy).

- clonezero - 07-31-2007

lol aba another srw addict hehehe

so which onces have you played?

last which mech do you like best ...

oh yeah by any chance are you in to advertising??? ( tama ba spelling?? XD )

- Twin-Skies - 07-31-2007

Coolness...an SRW discussion thread! With fellow SRW fans!!! Salute

Happiness.

I've played through:
SRW MX
SRW Alpha
SRW Alpha Gaiden
SRW Original Generation 2 (GBA, English)

Just got my hands on SRW W for the DS, but I'm still waiting for a translated script - I'd be flying blind without one.

Anybody here know where I can get SRW OG for the PS2?

- azuma-blade - 08-01-2007

try mo sa greenhills baka meron sila?

- PhAYSe - 08-01-2007

<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+July 31, 2007 03:06 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ July 31, 2007 03:06 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> lol aba another srw addict hehehe

so which onces have you played?

last which mech do you like best ...

oh yeah by any chance are you in to advertising??? ( tama ba spelling?? XD ) [/quote:2c8c488d03]
Hehe. I've only played OG, OG2 (GBA [emulator]), and Gaiden: The Lord of Elemental (SNES [emulator]). You can tell that I'm very fond of Originals (since all those games don't have a single anime mech in it), so I don't really wanna play the ones with anime robots in it. Honestly, I'm a bit weirded out by the thought that all those mechs exist in the same world but never really helped each other out during their anime series (although some really did have appearances in movies, such as Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Getter and Grendizer).

Which mech? CYBUSTER!!!111oneoneone Second in line is Trombe!

Advertising?! Heck no! I'm just very, VERY fond of the SRW series~!

You guys should try out SRW Gaiden: The Lord of Elemental! It's a completely different SRW game. It includes:
- 3D mapping (ala FF Tactics map style)
- Terrain altitude factors (the lower your ground, the lower the hit rate; the higher up you are, the more accurate you'll be)
- Elemental weaknesses (since mechs there have an elemental affinity), and
- Positioning factors (hits from the side or back increase in hit rate and damage), as well as having voiced-over MAP attacks. It's Masaki/Cybuster's story, before the events of SRW 2/OG1 (before getting Cybuster) and after the events of SRW 4 (after the Classic Timeline's story is finished), featuring the entire cast of the Masoukishin/Elemental Lord storyline (plus Valsione R).

Oh, BTW, yes, your spelling's correct.

- PhAYSe - 08-01-2007

<!--QuoteBegin-Twin-Skies+July 31, 2007 09:50 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Twin-Skies @ July 31, 2007 09:50 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Coolness...an SRW discussion thread! With fellow SRW fans!!! Salute

Happiness.

I've played through:
SRW MX
SRW Alpha
SRW Alpha Gaiden
SRW Original Generation 2 (GBA, English)

Just got my hands on SRW W for the DS, but I'm still waiting for a translated script - I'd be flying blind without one.

Anybody here know where I can get SRW OG for the PS2? [/quote:42f4b170e6]
Big grin
OGs huh... Maybe order online? I hear there's a place where you can order within Asia with free delivery (ask R.Leonhardt about that). I suggest you (and everyone else) wait though until its verified whether OGs will be translated into english or not. Why not go for OG1 first? That way, you'll be able to understand some of the events on OG2 better. BTW, you ever thought of finishing the Alpha Timeline? You've played the first 2, so why not Alpha 2 and 3? In Alpha 3, they finally go to Balmar and finish the Aerogater/Balmarian conflict. The newest addition in there would be Full Metal Panic/FMP Fumoffu and Virtual On, plus the appearance of SRX Altered Banpreios.

- clonezero - 08-02-2007

me I've played

ps1: alpha only (I have neo but it sucks)
ps2: alpha 3 and original generations

gba: j, r, og2 ( can download the other roms but Im to lazy T_T)

fav mechs: Granzon ( shayde that makes us rivals ), second would be the dis astranagant, and the ATX team as third