The Raven Republic Forums
PlayStation 3 Talk - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: PlayStation 3 Talk (/showthread.php?tid=2864)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

PlayStation 3 Talk - NiX - 01-27-2012

Obviously due to ACV, I've begun seriously considering getting PS3. But I've been totally out of the loop. Any recommendations on which model to buy, HD capacity, where, what to watch out for, etc?

Thanks!

RE: Buying a PS3 - Mjting - 01-27-2012

Nowadays, only the slim model is being offered. Arguably though, it's the best model, with the lowest power consumption, the newer, more reliable board, and other stuff. Just get a 160gb sized one. Should cover for it's whole lifetime.

RE: Buying a PS3 - clonezero - 01-27-2012

price range?

RE: Buying a PS3 - NiX - 01-27-2012

and where to buy?

RE: Buying a PS3 - Mjting - 01-27-2012

Packages in greenhills should be good. Itech is also a good place to get them. Price? Itech gave me something around 13500 for a 160gb ps3 with a controller and hdmi cable, which I think is about just right since a controller is roughly 2500. If you wanna get real cheap games, go with me and Trace to greenhills, as there's a shop that sells second hand games.

RE: Buying a PS3 - clonezero - 01-27-2012

hhhmmmrrrmmmmm ~_~

RE: Buying a PS3 - spartansgestugatenso - 01-27-2012

what to watch out for

If your gonna play for hours upon hours, dont place it in a enclosed space as it will start to over heat and make the internal fan work over time and eventually break, that is what happened with my old 80 gig ps3 and I didn't realize that the fan stopped working till it the day before it just froze on the start up screen.

Always try to not have your hard disk full. With me I noticed that if I am near my capacity limit that stuff starts to lag and I had the PS3 just crash mid game a couple of times, and had to restart the system, I dont know since I have something different then the slim but just try not to have your hard disk blow up from being full

Dont leave the disk inside the PS3. Me and several friends had our ps3 not be able to read disk afterwards, but then again I had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 just sitting in my PS3 for 3 months lol

If your gonna use a WiFi connection for the PS3 dont ever try to download an update directly from the PS3, it could take up to 3 hours because some are like gig or two in size, just go use your PC and download it from the Sony Site

Games need installation. I dont know why but you have to install something on the PS3 (which could range from 200MB to 5GIG)for the game to work. And it could take a good 20 minutes up to an hour and a half to install. lol I remember buying Metal Gear Solid, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and just sitting there like "WTF I WANNA PLAY ALL READY"

You can buy and download games off of PSN store but they dont download while your on the internet or playing a game, so the best thing to do is pick the shutdown option and it will give you a option if you want the system to shutdown after downloads are complete, pick it and let it download. BUT NEVER turn it off while downloading anything because it will mess up the data, so just dont turn it off while downloading something big as it will be a pain in the ass to do it all over again.

im pretty sure you know a lot of this already but im just trying to be helpfull

Really helpful post. Thanks so much, spartan.

RE: Buying a PS3 - maitreya - 01-27-2012

About time NiX?

Well it all depended on ACV. I wouldn't want RR playing it online without me.
Ok I read in another forum that it's 12k cash at Data Blitz. That already comes with a controller, I presume.

RE: Buying a PS3 - atdsutm - 01-28-2012

whats with sudden interest in ps3?

RE: Buying a PS3 - Shintetsu - 01-28-2012

Hey - the prices have dropped from 20k to 12k and good games are already out, it's a good time to get one. I might get one after school ends too. Thanks for the info on this thread Smile

RE: Buying a PS3 - clonezero - 01-30-2012

nix you planning to buy one in the future? if ever I wanna tag along to get one myself XD

RE: Buying a PS3 - NiX - 01-30-2012

I'm set on getting one from Data Blitz maybe next week. Sure, you can tag along. It'll happen in Alabang though! XD

RE: Buying a PS3 - clonezero - 01-30-2012

ahaha oki just tell me when you get an exact date. hahaha all this talk of acv is making me so damn jealous XD.