The Raven Republic Forums
MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) (/showthread.php?tid=1263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 05-26-2008

HayWire Wrote:Where do you get Thunder Sacs? I need it for the True Devil Sword right now LOL

Good news - I have the Onslaught...yey...bad news...I can't seem to kill anything in HR5 with the armor I have right now Argh

So...does anyone wanna help or give suggestions?

When I got to HR4, the first thing I did was mountain gathering quests to get carbalite ore to make a knight lance. I used the lance to kill hermitaurs to make a hermitaur S set with guard +2. While killing the hermitaurs I was using my modified garuga armor which had guard +1.

When I got to HR5, I used the onslaught hammer to kill my favorite rathalos over and over again. After that I went straight to the uber sets. I used the hermitaur armor to kill the rathalos', but then I could probably have used the elder garuga armor since I can get away with just getting hit once or twice during the entire hunt.

theGrim Wrote:I think once you get to HR5 or 6 the monsters get really hard? I heard they only need 4 or 5 shots (Fatalis only needs one - scary) to down you. I wouldn't know of any specifics though, I'm not that far along yet.

At 420+ defense, Akantor can both kill you in one hit if you're affected by its def down status attack. I think Fatalis' one hit kill is in MHP2G, in the HR9 mission.

The only advice I can give for the difficulty is to be diligent and familiarize yourself with the attack patterns. With a hammer you can score perfects on khezu, rathalos, rathian, tigrex, akantor, kirin, and a few others.

I used hammer for everything except:

lance for HR5 green plesi and dual tigrex
gunlance for Akantor
dual swords for lao-shan lung and black gravios

Right now I'm bored so I'm using bow for everything LOL

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 05-26-2008

theGrim Wrote:I used SoC when that white penis wyvern killed me everytime. It was a blast watching another player pwn it, haha.

Speaking of which, I just found out a way to cheap shot it to death with a bow.

1. Wait for it to go to area 1. Wait on the ledges.
2. Get its attention, then climb higher ledge.
3. Aim, then wail away at its head.

* just watch out for the jumping electricity attack when its mad that it can't reach you xD

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Grim - 05-26-2008

Picture time! This site contains a good amount of images with regards to MH.

Translated 4-koma

Scans of the armor sets - nice.

Scans of the original MH artbook

Miscellaneous MH images - some nice monster renders in there.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Grim - 05-28-2008

http://kushala.net

Newly established MH-centered imageboard. Great for looking at pictures of hot Kirin armor, fantastic screencaps and generally fan-generated stuff.

---

Here's a vid of the team that won the recently concluded Japan National Tournament (of MHP2G). They took down a Rajang in 9 minutes and 15 seconds, good stuff. Best part of it all - longswords, oh yeah.

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/mhfesta08/080525_final_01.html

More vids from the tourny on SoC, as usual.

---

So... basically I blame Jake for my addicted status.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 05-29-2008

The fantastic screencap really is fantastic. I wonder if that was practiced LOL

The 4koma was really funny too LOL Partly because majority of them are actually very true.

...My fault for making people addicted?? Angel

And now for more technical ramblings

Grim, you mentioned earlier that you planned to getting the Diablos Chaos B0rker hammer, right? I've been experimenting with hammers for a while, even getting Rick to help with some calculations. This is because that hammer is a pain in the ass to get and I'm getting lazier.

Basically, we found out that given reckless abandon +3, onslaught (blue, 1092 atk + 35% affinity) is still weaker than the diablos chaos broker (blue, 1196 atk + 20% affinity) as expected.

3(1092 x 1.25) + 7 (1092) = 11739 (onslaught after 10 hits)
2(1196 x 1.25) + 8 (1196) = 12558 (DCB after 10)

But then I decided to take another look at my hammer list again, and I found a hammer called "ancient blow" (green, 1248 atk + "-20%" affinity) without any added skills. It just so happened that I have an armor set with reckless abandon +2 and sharpness +1, which makes the equipped weapon sharpness multiplier go up by one.

So with RA +2 and Sharpness +1, ancient blow becomes (blue, 1248 atk + 0% affinity)

10 (1248) = 12480 (ancient blow after 10)

Raw Sharpness Multipliers:

White: 1.30
Blue: 1.25
Green: 1.125
Yellow: 1.0
Orange: 0.75
Red: 0.50

I ignored the onslaught and DCB moving up to white sharpness because the bonus was only .05 (though it normatively should still count).

In conclusion, the ancient blow, which is much easier to get than the DCB, provides itself as a suitable alternative to the DCB at HR6 because it is capable of reaching blue sharpness and neutral affinity.

^ The computations were more for myself but I might as well share it. It helped a lot since now I'll go get a thunderlance instead of a DCB.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 05-29-2008

More Math Hunter Freedom 2 (MHF2). This is a discussion on bow damage formulas.

I wanted to compare the lv.3 pierce attacks of 2 bows at expert +3, the Akantor bow (300 atk, 200 drg, 80% affinity) and the Heartshot bow II (264 atk, 50% affinity).

On first glance, the Akantor bow obviously looks more powerful. However, computations must factor in the charge level where lv. 3 pierce becomes available. Pierce lv. 3 is charge lv. 2 on akantor, while Pierce lv. 3 is on charge lv. 3 on Heartshot II.

Given that the modifiers are the ff:

|Charge Lv. | Atk Mod. |
|-----------+-----------|
| 1 | 0.4 |
| 2 | 1.0 |
| 3 | 1.5 |
| 4 | 1.5 |

A lv. 3 pierce attack will actually do 1.5 times the damage from the heartshot II, compared to the 1.0 modifier on the akantor because it is from a lower charge level.

Therefore, the equations to be used are:

Heartshot: 264(1.5) = 396 raw atk at lv. 3 charge
Akantor: 300 raw atk at lv. 2 charge

Heartshot: 495(5) + 396 (5) = 2475 + 1980 = 4455
Akantor: 375(8) + 300(2) = 3000 + 600 = 3600

Which means if pierce shots are the only type of shots used, the Heartshot II would actually overpower the Akantor against dragon element resistant enemies. I chose to do these computations using pierce since they happen to be the most effective type of shot.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 05-31-2008

I only found out last night that power seeds can be stacked on mega demondrugs -_-

But I knew before that that power pills could be stacked on mega demondrugs or power pills. Not sure about the demon flute but I think it can be stacked. All these things together gives a massive atk increase (but power pills suck).

I also made an Akantor horn last night. With +sharpness and +2 expert, it has around 1400+ atk, 60% crit, a speed buff, high grade earplugs and infinite healing (as much as a mega potion). I think it may be a bit b0rken in multiplayer.

edit: Why am I the only one replying on this thread most of the time? XD

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Grim - 05-31-2008

Sforza Wrote:edit: Why am I the only one replying on this thread most of the time? XD

Adik ka kasi.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 06-02-2008

theGrim Wrote:Adik ka kasi.

Di ako adik. Other people just don't play enough LOL

For today, just one screencap. That's my hunter, and that's a cephadrome eating the kinda b0rken horn I wrote about earlier.

[Image: cephawhap.jpg]

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - AppleHead - 06-02-2008

That's a pretty funny picture, and I don't think it was set-up either because that cephadrome is hueg. What I find amusing is that you actually had the presence of mind to grab your camera.

Awesome looking horn.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 06-03-2008

Gypceros charged, got shot in the balls and died. I like how all the monsters in G-rank missions are supersized. That's a very big head -_- The weapon is Prominence (from Los) Bow III. Was more prepared to get a camera this time.

[Image: gypwhap.jpg]

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - hykesenses - 06-04-2008

Sforza Wrote:One of the best games I've ever played. This is because of its depth, difficulty and customization options. The learning curve is also something else. I've been playing for weeks and I've only used one type of weapon out of the 9 or 11(?). Been making lists of the plants, mining spots, honey, etc. that can be found in the different areas too. There's just too many to memorize. It's also the best selling PSP game in Japan.

Reviews here.

Does anyone else here play this game?

What's your HR and what's the number of stars on the quests you're trying to finish?

yeah, dati naglalaro ako nito, ngayon hindi na. ayos yung game. marami videos to sa youtube, pinapakita nila kung pano pataying yung mga mahihirap na kalaban. half-way lang ako sa MH2 kasi tinatamad na akong laruin yun. may bagong new version ata to e, yung Monster Hunter G? subukan nyong laruin. Salute

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 06-04-2008

hykesenses Wrote:yeah, dati naglalaro ako nito, ngayon hindi na. ayos yung game. marami videos to sa youtube, pinapakita nila kung pano pataying yung mga mahihirap na kalaban. half-way lang ako sa MH2 kasi tinatamad na akong laruin yun. may bagong new version ata to e, yung Monster Hunter G? subukan nyong laruin. Salute

sayang naman di mo na tinuloy, gumaganda kasi ung game pagkaabot mo ng HR4 dahil doble or triple na ata ang bawas sa hp pag natamaan ang player kaya kelangang memoryado talaga ung galaw ng kalaban. madami-dami din ung maiipapalabas na bagong eq.

at uu, madalas ako manood ng video sa youtube. dami ko nang na-save na video dito sa pc ko. lampas 1gb na ata LOL lampas 40 na ata ung mga text pati video guides na ginagamit ko dahil sobrang detailed ung gameplay.

pangalan ng bagong expansion - monster hunter 2G. sa ngayon JAP pa lang, pero may mga adik na fans na gumawa ng ENG version. sayang di pa tapos. may gumawa ata ng magandang guide sa pinoypsp. kung may psp ka pa subukan mo kaya maglaro sa KAI network (na internet-based) kasama ng ibang tao para di ka na tatamarin LOL

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - hykesenses - 06-04-2008

anong firmware psp mo?

Sforza Wrote:Gypceros charged, got shot in the balls and died. I like how all the monsters in G-rank missions are supersized. That's a very big head -_- The weapon is Prominence (from Los) Bow III. Was more prepared to get a camera this time.

[Image: gypwhap.jpg]

uu, anong hr mo na? tumigil ako sa mga bandang 5 or 6 ata. basta yung huli kong nakalaban e yung Kirin yung malaking dragon sa base. Yian garuga hammer yung gamit ko nun. medyo malakas na hammer yun.

nakalaban ka na ba ng yian garuga?

Don't double post. - Grim

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Grim - 06-04-2008

hykesenses Wrote:nakalaban ka na ba ng yian garuga?

Of course he's battled Yian Garugas, he's already HR6. LOL

Just so you know, Sforza is a walking MHF2 encyclopedia.