The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Rebuild of Evangelion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aw right!

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw</a>

Worship
Shock
Blahblah
Zomg it's Rei! LOL.
ZOMG it's Black Dragon!
ZOMG! di ko mapanood!
Asteg...
Remake nga.
Remake.

I'll be waiting for that.
Sana lang gawin nilang medyo mas light ng konti though.
<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+July 25, 2007 08:48 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Grimlok @ July 25, 2007 08:48 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ZOMG it's Black Dragon! [/quote:a11a63c0e0]
Blink

Anyway, from what I've heard, this will have 4 movies, the first 3 are retells, and the 4th is the new one.
Nice to see some of the angels in detail. In the old series, theyre too static.
A couple of years until they finish the new series? C'mon, Gainax! You already made us wait almost ten years for this one and now you're gonna make us wait more?!

Fox - long-time Asuka-fanboy.
Fox, gainax doesn't have anything to do with this production. No no

Apparently, Anno Hideaki (creator/director of eva) made his own company
to handle this production. But almost all of the key cast are still involved
in this project (Yoshiyuki Sadamoto on character designs and Ikuto Yamashita
on mecha designs to name a few). Big grin

Unconfirmed release schedules:
film 1 in September 2007 (90 minutes)
film 2 in January 2008 (90 minutes)
film 3 and 4 in summer 2008 (45 minutes each).

Domo Domo Domo
LOL he must have made a lot of money from all the official doujinshi released. Hahahah
<a href='http://heiseidemocracy.com/2007/09/01/movie-review-evangelion-shin-gekijouban-jo-evangelion-10-you-are-not-alone/' target='_blank'>Here's a review of the first movie</a>.
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+August 20, 2007 09:48 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (NiX @ August 20, 2007 09:48 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> LOL he must have made a lot of money from all the official doujinshi released. Hahahah [/quote:2527fdd5fb]
Wub Shifty
well this thread went dead XD. So anyone watch the 2 movies? Cause they're frigging awesome, the 2nd one especially. Hell I am inclined to say that it is actually better than the original series. However there is the lingering idea that the movies are actually sequels to the series Blink
Not sequels, they're entirely new ones, both a revision and a retelling. "You are (not) alone" was just like a compressed version of the first six episodes with extra footage while "You can not (not) advance" totally ran away with the plot and introduced a lot of new elements while bringing others into play a lot earlier than they really happened in the original series. The third installment is (reportedly) supposed to include some of End of Eva's events as well.
I mean, the sequel thing is a theory some fans believe (me I am on the fence). The theory is that all of this is happening again albeit a bit different. The theory is supported because of the few things that seem to suggest that the rebuild movies happened after EoE. The things like the sea being already red (it was blue originally in the beginning of the series but after EoE it turned red), the white chalk line marks seen near the beginning of You are (not) Alone (which suggests that the crucified mass produced Evas have fallen), and the blood stain on the moon (again from EoE after giant Rei got beheaded and the blood splattered on the moon). It is a theory that SEEMS plausible but again, I am on the fence it may or not be true. We'll just have to see at the end of the movies.
Pages: 1 2