The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: evil dead 4 / army of darkness II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
good news evil dead fans! this october, a conclusion to the trilogy is at hand.

it started with evil dead as ash and her girlfriend going to nature and stayed in a cabin but evil lurked here (some ancient husband and wife researchers awakened them) and they struggled, her girlfriend got possessed and ash has to hack her with a chainsaw (fitted on his cut left hand, he cut his left because it got possessed and he chainsawed it himself and fitted the chainsaw in there). it ended with a bad ending that ash didnt escaped the terror and has to survive another night in the cabin (i love bad endings)..

the sequel, evil dead 2, continues ash's struggle but this time, accompanied by a girl (daughter of the researchers), a mechanic, a man and his girlfriend. the group saw ash and they all ended up in the same cabin and struggled yet again for that night. it got down to ash and the researchers daughter in the end and as they have discovered how to get rid of the evil, the final showdown ensued. the girl died but completed the incantation, a time rift ripped near and ash was sucked (along with a car). he ended up in the past.. as in medieval past with knights and castles.

evil dead 3, also ash vs army of the darkness is the one i watched many times (tv and big screen twice each, and numerous times in bought cd). in here, ash was accused to be on the enemy's side (two kingdoms are fighting). he was thrown in a pit, with a deadite in it (a deadite is the evil here in evil dead). the kingdom's mage-looking advisor threw ash's chainsaw inside the pit to help him. ash then came out of the pit alive and was Worship ed.. now the king, he then have to get the book of the dead or the necronomicon in the evil lands. he got it but forgot the incantation and brought the dead back. seeking the necronomicon, the deadites assaulted their castle but they won in the end.

now, i love this part.. evil dead 3 has two endings, the good and bad. the good is, he ended up back to his job, housewares. there, he rants to his co-worker about how he would have been a king and the co-worker just nods and goes 'ya ya' and asked 'so did u get the incantation right this time'? and ash said 'maybe i have missed tiny little syllables but ya! i said them right.. basically..' and then a deadite showed up in the store, ash gets a remington-like rifle (he also sports a shotgun in his battles you see, other than the chaingun) and had a showdown with the deadite.
the bad ending is, he have to drink a potion the merlin-like dude gave to him, he has to drink 7 drops but he heard a distraction and repeated a number so he drank 8. he slept too long and when he awakened, he found a rubble of cities and apocalypse had already took place and no one's around.

whoa! andame! i felt like posting kase i just watched one (a numerous times back, and again!). when i knew about the upcoming evil dead 4, it was really exciting. this was my old school favorite.. sure the production was bad, but to a kid that wont matter/be noticeable. bruce campbell sets the mood and is really suited because of his acting (bruce campbell actually was popularized by evil dead). the story (the concept of a chain trilogy and the bad endings) and character is the big deal here. sam raimi will be the one to direct again, or so they say.

i dont think many evil dead fans are in here in the community (i actually think none) but i really felt posting because of the excitement (evil dead 4!! \m/). i have 2 evil dead ps2 games and the other one was really fun.
i remembered slipknot's member 0 (zero) (Cid Wilson, the dj skull dude) is an evil dead hardcore fan too.
hey I liked the evil dead movies
oof, there's one Evil Dead fan XD

Long live ashley!!

't would be nice if he stars the 4. Like Bruce Willis starring the latest Die Hard.. like Solid Snake starring Metal Gear 4. I dig those concepts.. really cool.
we can only hope

any idea which ending the the 4th movie will follow from (time line wise?) the one where ash gets to his own time or goes too far?

the 80's had alot of movie classics like short circuit for instance
Now that you mentioned it, its interesting to think about whats the opening ^^

But as I am, I dont think stuff like those, I let the movie do its thing and just watch, it amplifies the excitement/thrill for me.

But now that you mentioned it, I will bet on them making an entire new opening, without the chain from the previous ending. Almost all expected Evil dead 3 to be the last of the trilogy afterall.. making this sequel really special!! I'm getting all excited again >_> Oh ya, I shouldnt be expecting Ash there, it might make me disappointed a little.
<!--QuoteBegin-otakuwarren+July 24, 2007 09:08 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (otakuwarren @ July 24, 2007 09:08 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Now that you mentioned it, its interesting to think about whats the opening ^^

But as I am, I dont think stuff like those, I let the movie do its thing and just watch, it amplifies the excitement/thrill for me.

But now that you mentioned it, I will bet on them making an entire new opening, without the chain from the previous ending. Almost all expected Evil dead 3 to be the last of the trilogy afterall.. making this sequel really special!! I'm getting all excited again >_> Oh ya, I shouldnt be expecting Ash there, it might make me disappointed a little. [/quote:5a304021f1]
I hope they dont turn it into a big budget piece of crap it was at its best when cheap and corny
I was laughing at its low budget when I watched it for the nth time later.

When Ash went to get the Necronomicon in the valley at Evil Dead 3, he took off with a long hair.. the next scene when he's riding his horse, its cut >_<

I didnt see any of those flaws back when I watch it in early days. I really liked it when I was little, its like related to first crushes/infatuations.
I never noticed the hair thing

the thing I noticed most was the drinking boiling water scene to kill the lil ash's ..... as someone who has accidently got a boiling hot chunk of sausage stuck in his throat and been choking and as a result burned the inside of his throat rather badly I know it wouldnt be that easy
Ash is a super dude. He cut his arm with a chainsaw and still lived, not dying from bloodloss.

..and the scene where he chases the winged zombie that snatched his medieval girl, the chromakey is bad (background).

How the hell did a hot sausage accidently stick in your throat? :/
<!--QuoteBegin-otakuwarren+July 25, 2007 12:58 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (otakuwarren @ July 25, 2007 12:58 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ash is a super dude. He cut his arm with a chainsaw and still lived, not dying from bloodloss.

..and the scene where he chases the winged zombie that snatched his medieval girl, the chromakey is bad (background).

How the hell did a hot sausage accidently stick in your throat? :/ [/quote:d41a0a67f8]
well someone (me) had the bright idea to swallow half of the thing thats how its really not fun choking let alone when the damn thing your choking on is scolding hot uhh took it awhile to heal up gah kept coughing up this stuff and had trouble breathing and couldnt do much more than drink for days ... what? ... go to hospital? ... why? I was ok eventually heheheh
Hey, and the horses of the army of the darkness there? It was really funny I really laughed my ass out. The horses of the bone army is in flesh.. where the hell did they get zat? lol
<!--QuoteBegin-otakuwarren+July 25, 2007 01:23 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (otakuwarren @ July 25, 2007 01:23 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey, and the horses of the army of the darkness there? It was really funny I really laughed my ass out. The horses of the bone army is in flesh.. where the hell did they get zat? lol [/quote:d296e61884]
well ..... maybe .... they found em ..... yeah

WILD HORSEs heheheh ya found em good good that works
wild horses in a bog-filled foggy valley.. lol

But I liked it when he went solo there. With all these flaws, I found my love from Evil Dead from its story and twists.

The production.. well, its an 80's movie.. still, they shouldve done better, but, again, its the story.. and Ash.
<!--QuoteBegin-otakuwarren+July 25, 2007 01:41 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (otakuwarren @ July 25, 2007 01:41 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> wild horses in a bog-filled foggy valley.. lol

But I liked it when he went solo there. With all these flaws, I found my love from Evil Dead from its story and twists.

The production.. well, its an 80's movie.. still, they shouldve done better, but, again, its the story.. and Ash. [/quote:01473c373a]
yes fog horses their quite common actuallly didnt you know *shifty eyes*
lol I hope the producer wont produce the ED4.

..oh ya, Bruce Campbell is a co-producer i believe.

Evil Dead game is worth too, I didnt play the regeneration thought, only the fistful of boomstick. I played it because of being fan.

Of the endings, I like the Apocalypse ending.. as I think now, it may be what affected me of liking tragic endings.
Pages: 1 2 3