The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: [OLD] Republic restructuring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember this from a while back?
I Wrote:Guys, I know it's irritating to move when you're settled in. But this will most definitely be the last move I'm going to make to the forums, unless something bad happens, so please bear with it.

Unless something bad happens... well, nothing bad has happened, but there's definitely something good coming up. If you'll notice in the past few weeks, I've had some teaser screenies in my sig (if you looked). You also will have noticed <a href='http://www.ravenrepublic.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=840' target='_blank'>Sophie Emilia, our poster girl</a>. What is all this, you ask? The Raven Republic will undergo some restructuring soon.

Not this again, I hear some of you saying.

In exchange for your ever-present patience, the new Republic will sport a one-account-for-everything format: one account for the site, the same account for the forums, the same account for the photo gallery, heck even the same account for IRC chat (you can log in straight into it). Less hassle on everyone's part.

The blog on the front will be taken down, it lacks activity and dynamism (but I'd like to say a big thank you to Fox and J.E. for their contributions). Since the site is probably the first thing visitors visit when they go to us, it should make a statement immediately, and load immediately as well. It should be something nice to look at. Therefore it'll be discarded in favor of a forum portal of sorts, with expandable features, not to mention faster.

I should also take this time to say that yes, we will be switching forum software yet again (cue in collective sigh). That's because switching will enable us to enjoy the previously mentioned one-account-for-everything format. And because <a href='http://www.mybboard.net' target='_blank'>MyBB</a> is better supported by a community than IPB1.3, which is very old software (everyone's moved on to the later versions). To ease everyone's mind, I've been trying everything offline first, just to make sure it's working. And it is.

Now, this part is important.

Once we've switched forum software, all your accounts and posts will still be here, but your password will not be carried over. That means you will not be able to log in to anything at first. You will have to report your password as lost, and then the forum will send a new one to the email address you used to sign up.

Now I know some of the email addies used here are bogus, so now's the time to set them to a real one using your control panel. Tongue

Expect the changes to happen probably sometime after PACT 2.1. Like before, I'll give an announcement a week or so before to give everyone some time.

Once RRv3 is up, I'd like to say that that'll be like a new start for us all. Let's show what we've learned from the past two incarnations.
I better start with PM's...
Ah all right. Thanks for the advanced announcement.
maitreya Wrote:Ah all right. Thanks for the advanced announcement.
Hey, it's Tim! Tongue

Good news, PMs will be ported over after all. So no more need to save anything. Just make sure you have a working email address that the board will mail your new password to.
Ayus sa teaser ah...
It looks so cool...
Hmm... the host is having problems. I think they're about to shut down soon, hence the error messages about PMs and mailing stuff (but they do get across).

Must backup now, and must find host soon. Tongue

Good timing, as this place needs some shaking up too. Only trouble is that Paypal account + credit card needed really.
Grimlok Wrote:Hmm... the host is having problems. I think they're about to shut down soon, hence the error messages about PMs and mailing stuff (but they do get across).

Must backup now, and must find host soon. Tongue

Good timing, as this place needs some shaking up too. Only trouble is that Paypal account + credit card needed really.
well, I'm not old enough to have a credit card.

but I think in some walmarts, they sell pre-paid Visa cards. if those work, I'll try sending you $10 Happy
Hey Grim, like I told you before, you can apply for the most basic credit card service which doesn't have any annual fees. You don't get any points or rewards for using it though. But if it's a credit card for the sake of having a credit card, it'll do just fine.
Di nyo subukan ang Debit Card?
Will look into both, thanks guys.