The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: [OLD] Just what the hell happened.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scott the Hosting Zero admin Wrote:Dear users,

We experienced a very complicated hardware issue. We needed to replace our primary hard drive. Then we had to reload the OS onto the new drive. The worst part were the...backups. I was up all night working on this issue. I only slept 1 hour in the last 2 days.

I don't know if everything is 100% operational at the moment, but if you guys experience any errors, please post in the support forums.

Again, we apologize for this big downtime. We now have a brand new Maxtor hard drive which should work very well.

Thank you,
HostingZero.com.
Free webhosting is a gift. The host is not expecting anybody to pay anything, and they're not being compensated by their users for doing their jobs. So if big downtimes like this occur, there's really nothing we can do about it. We can only be thankful when it's back up again.

Yes, I realize that InvisionFree was up the whole time RR was down, and that if we never moved this would never have happened. Consider that an oversight on my part, and for that I apologize. But in my defense, Invision Power Board's really opened up easier implementation for a lot of the things that you guys want.

If you have any questions or complaints, direct them here.

Again, in future occasions like this, and when you guys are itching to talk to fellow Ravens, we always have the chatroom. Details are <a href='http://www.ravenrepublic.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=103' target='_blank'>here</a>. I highly suggest you put that down, and get an IRC program if you want to, or bookmark the chatroom link or something.

EDIT: I've talked to some members about my lobbying of the chatroom, but I never really explained why. For one, not all of us have a permanent computer, although computer shops may have the correct messenger software on their PCs. Second, not all of us have YM IDs, or are willing to get one. I just find IRC to be faster and less of a hassle, even if it does have some security risks. Plus no one has to sign up anywhere or something.

Haha parang sobrang formal ah, so let me end with the usual smiley.

Tongue
Don't worry about it, Grimlok.

Well, we get what we paid for, and we actually didn't pay anything so there's nothing we can do lol. We already moved anyway, so we <span style="font-size:0.3em">probably</span> wouldn't need to think about it too much. What's done is done, so let's leave it as that. You PM'd me about getting a non-free hosting site, but don't get one yet. Let's see how they perform this time. Well if they kinda slack-off again, maybe we should reconsider, lol. Tongue

BTW, maybe <a href='http://armoredcorearchive.com/HOSTING/SeventhSky.swf' target='_blank'>this</a> could lighten your mind up a little lol.

<span style="font-size:0.1em">HEY HOTLINKING IS BAD. SORRY ABOUT THAT.</span>