The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Grim's stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seeing HayWire's stuff really encouraged me to brave drawing with a mouse. Tongue

Here's my first work, took me about 10 minutes. Bet you can't guess who he is. Lol I'm such a fanboy.

[Image: snake.jpg]

I've picked up drawing again recently and am really trying to get back into it. I'm not really so very proud of this one, but with the presence of other (visual) artists here I hope to improve.

Coloring's yucky, and that hair is godawful. XD But really, I just wanted to try doodling it out, and this was the result.
Just one question Happy

Did you use the mouse or a pen & tablet?(in coloring)
Everything with a mouse. I want a tablet. I heard there are Wacoms in Galleria for about P4,000. Sad
Quote:Everything with a mouse. I want a tablet. I heard there are Wacoms in Galleria for about P4,000. 

If you own the computer that's good enough... Clapping ...I'm just taking turns with my brother's computer(includes scanner,printer,speaker,headphones,mermory space,mouse,pen&tablet)in other words,I don't own anything XD

practice good for all

except for excessive practice that kills XD

I prefer the mouse even though I use the pen & tablet sometimes(coz I'm a lefty)
Even with a mouse... honestly, I still can't draw. Argh

Nice job on Snake you're a MGS freak! LOL I can't draw humans, and I can't color anything, lol. XD

Man I would like to get a tablet, too bad my parents won't allow me to get one.
I used to paint with a mouse too. Tablet doesnt really help to develop skills.
If you want to try painting,I suggest you gather some decent lineart you can find on the internet then follow the painting tutorial i posted in the RR manga thread.

[Image: ghgjh.gif] PETTING IS SENSUAL!
Oh come on! Don't stop doing art now Happy
Bah. I think he's busy, bah.
Aww...how 'bout you Master Goatling? My brother found some tutorials on how Feng Zhu colors his works and I'm studying how you draw mecha XD
Nah. I'm not busy, just lazy.

BTW, who's Feng Zhu? Blink
A concept artist for Final Fantasy
I've been trying out this whole 'fine control with a mouse' thing, see how far I could get.

The following is a result of idleness of another day at the office, and an interest to really get better at drawing human forms. She's my office buddy and (former) blockmate by the way:

[Image: hapee.gif]

6 minutes in MSPaint (no, really!). Converted to GIF a while later.

Yet another crappy piece of 'art' brought to you by yours truly. Smile)
ZOMG ANOTHER RARE GRIMLOK ART HAS BEEN POSTED!!

Hey nice job on the human, I can't draw humans. Argh

I like how you did the hair, lol. XD
I got two more. I'm really being productive at my summer job... problem is, it isn't in any way connected to what I should be doing. HAHAHA

Here's my officemate again:

[Image: hapee2.jpg]

Done in MSPaint, the only visual program I have available to me. That's always the way she's situated because she sits to my right.

Then I tried doing my hand:

[Image: hand.jpg]

I love me messy lines. I should be able to tone it down when I do something in pencils though.

I've also done a study of a bear's anatomy, but I forgot to mail it to myself. I'll save that for the next post.
Yey! A post from Grimlok XD Woot
Pages: 1 2