The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Pervasive Innovation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got comfortable enough with my lovely Parthenogen to consider it finished. (Parthenogen would refer to an agent causing birth, or the creation of something new in an organic body. Fitting, IMO.)

Similarly fitting is the name of my second, the reason I decided on getting a garage in the first place. Teratogen (or an agent which causes birth defects) is really horrible. Hence the name.

Antigen (or foreign agent in the body, period) is a lovely little bit of doom which was made to test a theory I had about boosting with hovers. It's not very damaging all at once, but over time it'll wear you down from being nigh-impossible to hit or even PREDICT, and the very large amount of ammunition.

I've decided to name all my ACs after a certain pattern, so this will be edited to tell the meaning of the names as well as to add the AC's.

And with that, N. Joi.

--Etienne Noir

-------------------------------
Parthenogen

Head: CICADA (100% EN Def)
Core: /UL (100% Weight)
Arms: XS (50% Weight, 30% Cooling, 20% Aim Accuracy)
Legs: VIXEN (10% Weight, 90% Max Leg Weight)
Booster: GULL (50% Boost Power, 50% Booster Heat)
FCS: 73H
Generator: G91 (100% EN Output)
Radiator: R92 (100% EN Drain)
Inside: N/A
Extension: RM
Back R/L: HYDRA2 --RED
Arm R: DEMON --YELLOW
Arm L: HP --YELLOW
Hangar R/L: 69H --RED
OP Parts: AMINO, ES, EC, LA, L+, GOLGI, HISTON

Play Style: I usually change between HYDRA2s and DEMON+HP depending on range. If they stay mid-long, I try to get rid of my HYDRA2 and RM ammo first to weaken them, and to get rid of the extra weight from the HYDRA2s and the extension. As soon as that's done, I'll mainly OB sweep them with the DEMON+HP, usually not taking much damage if I can help it.

If they don't seem to move much at all (tanks and really heavy ACs with no OB go here) I'll circle strafe them while flying and just shoot my DEMON. If they have some really nasty weaponry that's hard to avoid, I might back off to empty my HYDRA2+RM so I can move faster.

If they stay in close, I immediately drop the RM and HYDRA2s, because they WILL NOT HIT. Then I jump in and just unleash holy hell. The AC's combination of insane turn speed, WALKING speed faster than most tanks' boosting, and OB mean that it's hard to turn fast enough to keep up with me, and the DEMON and HP are more than enough to eat even well-armored ACs alive.

If somehow I find myself an agile opponent with lots of power (like a midweight quad with nice weapon arms and LX) I try to make them keep their distance so I can hit them with my HYDRA2+RM. That does ALOT of damage if they're lacking in shell def: if all the missiles hit and they're really shell def-icient, it can land enough damage to rival the LX. Yeah, the frickin' LX, true story. (I did the math: 8 x 620 = 4960. That's a little under 1000 short of the LX, but it's close enough that it's hard to compare it to much else. I mean, how often does one land a hit with NIOH?) After that, I'll try to keep flanking them or just staying out of any place their lock box could concievably get to me, picking my shots with DEMON and not using HP unless I have a really good chance of hitting them with a good few rounds (i.e., they just hardlanded).

A sickeningly versatile AC.

-------------------------------
Teratogen

TO BE COMPLETED WHEN I WAKE UP -- E.N.