The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Messoria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Messoria (reaper)

[Image: Messoria.jpg]

Frame
EYE - 20 cooling, 40 solid defense, 40 energy defense
C98E2 - 50 cooling, 50 solid defense
152 - 40 cooling, 30 solid defense, 30 energy defense
COUGAR2 - 50 cooling, 50 solid defense

Internal and motive parts
GULL - 100 booster heat
MONJU
G91 - 100 energy output
ANANDA - 30 energy drain, 70 cooling

Weapons and Equipment
RM2/3
SATYROS
M2
M2

Optionals
AMINO
069ES
069SS
071EC
075LA
CODON
086R+
MARISHI

Frame colors
B - 128/84/52
A - 110/110/110
O - 100/100/100
D - 200/200/0
J - 75/75/75

Weapon colors - all black

This is one is actually based the AC used by Vega in my first AC fic. I remember some guy using a double-M2 setup last PACT1 and decided to make one soon afterwards. I've had this one on my card since late October. Hella lot of fun to play.

The twin M2s plus the orbits whittle AP away like pirahnas. The missiles are used for keep-away. With the machine guns, its close-range but with the missiles, i can go mid. It can also function as a lefty-gunner while readying the missiles.

Comments needed on the internal parts. The frame parts too.
Nice design, I love it, but there's a little prob on the internal parts though. You can change the head into S2 or S4 and then add RA if you want to. It has less EN drain and has better defense except your boost speed will probably decrease though. I'd keep the COUGAR2 if I were you though, and you can change the G91 into LOTUS (output) to increase your AC's boost speed and to give a better generator for GULL since it's booster heat isn't that applicable to G91. With the LOTUS, you can put the cooling tunes out of your frame and tune them more on weight or defense.

Your arm weapons are fine with me, I used these combos before when I was still playing NX. You can probably swap 'em for PIXIE3 and NIX if you want to. You can also keep the core for a faster kill if you want, but I'd actually keep them if I were you. The RM3 works fine with me. You can use it and replace RM2 if you want, and maybe you can change your SATYROS into NYMPHE for more boost speed and for more missile swarms. Anyway, it's a rusher AC for me, so the RM3's ammo would probably serve you well in long-lasting duels. Try changing your tunes on the ANANDA into 100% cooling.

You can also replace MONJU for F73H or VOLUTE2 if it works well for you.

Maybe you can replace the arms into MACAQUE.
Thanks man. Will keep your comments in mind when i redo this one. I'll set the internals as per your suggestions but i think i'll keep the frame intact. As to the weapons, i already have another AC with a C98E2 core, PIXIE2 and a NIX. I'll see if i can't post that one up in a couple of days.

SATYROS with the NYMPHE? Already tried that one, disappointed with the attack power of the NYMPHE and i'm kinda getting tired of missile swarms (trust me, i've sued at least one form of micro or multi-missile in most of my ACs) so i use either the SATYROS or the one that Internecine Zinaida uses.

Thanks for the help dude!
Sad to say that dual M2s aren't on the better half of the weapon tier list, as their accuracy becomes really bad beyond 70-100m. Dual Nix's would do better IMO as their shots don't spread as much compared to the M2. And as Goatling has pointed out, there are better choices for arms.

The COWRY or the LIMPET would be good choices here. Lock range won't matter much as most of the weapons are short range based, so the WS lock type of either FCS ensures that your lockbox would be as wide as possible, maximizing the killzone of your CQ weapons while still allow some provision for your backmounts.

The SATYROS + GAR is good, but it would be better if you paired it up with the RM3, which for me was most memorably used and best explained by Nix (I hope he can explain its usage, if he's reading this message that is Tongue).
Yeah, if you're wondering why I pointed out the MACAQUE because of its good defense, actually the shell and EN def is actually good for its weight.
*hits ctrl-F*

no f69 Sad
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Mar 2 2007, 11:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Mar 2 2007, 11:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> *hits ctrl-F*

no f69 Sad [/quote:8013089134]
Well, he did mention that he has orbits or a SATYROS back mount, so the F69 will adversely affect those weapons.
Aw, wanzerfreak is sad because none of us posted about F69 before. Tongue
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Mar 3 2007, 07:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Mar 3 2007, 07:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Mar 2 2007, 11:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Mar 2 2007, 11:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> *hits ctrl-F*

no f69 Sad [/quote:f2e8ad7225]
Well, he did mention that he has orbits or a SATYROS back mount, so the F69 will adversely affect those weapons. [/quote:f2e8ad7225]
Short range missiles = bad times. Tongue

I should know. I remember, this one time...