The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Excidium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excidium

[Image: Excidium.jpg]

Frame
1S4 - 50 cooling, 50 solid defense
CRONUS - 50 cooling, 50 solid defense
XS - 20 cooling, 50 solid defense, 30 energy defense
M2 - 40 cooling, 30 solid defense, 30 energy defense

Internal and motive parts
VULTURE2 - 100 booster heat
2D2
G91 - 100 energy output
ANANDA - 70 cooling, 30 energy drain

Weapons and Equipment
RA (back radar)
RA2
WYRM
H2 (left hanger)

Optionals
AMINO
069ES
069SS
071EC
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

Frame colors
B - 70/70/60
A - 100/90/40
O - 0/90/50
D - 100/0/0
J - 80/80/80

Weapon colors
Back radar unit - green
Rifle and Sniper Rifle - black
Handgun - green

A lightweight sniper AC. Ordinarily, i'm content with machine guns and rifles but the idea for a left-handed sniper core had been bouncing around my head since late January. Now that i've finally gotten my PS2 repaired, i've gotten around to trying it out.

Weapons fire from the RA is supported by occasional double-taps from the WYRM. Obviously better at mid-range combat, the WYRM seems a bit lacking in ammo so i threw in a handgun for backup when the time comes to drop the sniper rifle.

I know that this is the first time i posted an AC design ever since i joined last October, so take it easy on me. Unsure
Hear ye! Hear ye! Fox finally posted an AC! At long last! Tongue j/k

First off, I'll be reviewing this in a competitive environment.

The F73H FCS wil be your best friend with this design as it will give you the good sized lockbox with an SR + any other weapon, in this case, the RA2 would buff up the WYRM's lockbox.

It has very good speed, which is something essential for snipers. However, I find the weapons a bit lacking for my taste. It could also use some more defense (Something that I have a bias for in my designs Big grin).

Suggestions:
The RA2 can be substituted with the R2 rifle, while less accurate, it will allow you to fire at your opponent continuously with the addition of being much lighter. However, you lose out on ammo, and accuracy. Up to you on this one.

The WYRM will run out fast. If you're looking for some weapon endurance, try the GOLEM if you're looking for something that can last longer.

Add hanger weapons for both arms if possible, they will be crucial to your offensive late in the game as ammo for SRs is very limited.

An alternate build for your BRG combo would be the LOTUS + GULL, which can make your AC go faster while still saving weight, allowing you to maintain your distance from you opponent much easier. This is a matter of preference though, you might prefer the better acceleration that the Vulture 2 has instead of the higher boost power that the GULL provides.

Tactics: Use the Rarm weapon as a probe, and your sniper rifle as the power shot. In boxing terms, your right is your jab, while your left is your straight/hook/uppercut. Shoot 2 or 3 bullets from your Rarm weapon from a distance, if they start hitting, break out your sniper rifle. Always remember to keep your distance away from your opponent, and it shouldn't be too hard as the AC is already fast on its own.

Others: I'm not too good with LW legs, I hope someone can fill that suggestion area for me. Also, missile defense would be nice, but if you're ok with dodging, then I guess its ok to drop this.
Nice. iLike. Big grin

You got it on the most stable BGRs in the game. However, like Rick said, if you'd like to pump out more speed in this thing, go Lotus + Gull for the lighter weight. Although you might want to think about those legs, as they're quite drainy. Heck, you might even want to plop it on the Cougar2 or Dingo2, although your energy defense goes down more.

Yes, it can use a bit more defense. I suggest going Macaque as you have just enough refresh to go around (only if you're sticking with the Vulture2 + G91 + Anada; otherwise stick with the speed advantage of the Gull + Lotus).

Play from range, escape upwards when things get hairy.
Speed's good enough for me. I'm not too fond of the GULL and it's volatile heat. I was actually gonna go with BIRDIE2's for this design but the top speed is lacking in my taste.

I picked the RA2 for its ammo count but i sometimes swap it out with the GAST or the R2 (depending on the sitch). I chose the WYRM for the double-tap shots but i admit that the ammo count is too low for me so i may switch over to the GOLEM later.

The legs were chosen for the AP but yeah, you're right about the drain. Any chance that i can use JAGUAR2 as the platform?
<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Feb 20 2007, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Feb 20 2007, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Any chance that i can use JAGUAR2 as the platform? [/quote:4f3271f50d]
Jag2's good, yeah. Both of them (M2 and Jaguar2) hardland though, so you'll need to be wary of that.