The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Trigger Happy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Trigger Happy</span>

Core Frame:
S2 | UL2 | Macaque | Jaguar2
0,0,4,6,0 | 0,0,6,4,0 | 0,4,2,4,0 | 0,0,10,0,0
Internal Systems:
Gull | F73H | Lotus | Ananda
0,0,6,4 | ~ | 0,8,2 | 0,0,10
Armaments and Countermeasures:
- | RM | 69M | RA | Wyvern | HP | - | 69H
Optional Enhancements:
Amino, ES, SS, EC, L+, Codon, Marishi
Paint Scheme: Shockwave
General: 10,100,100 | 0,200,200 | 40,40,50 | 190,150,50 | 160,155,150
Weapon Color:
Green | Green | Blue | Blue | Blue

A predator.

Wyverns are nice. If only they had infinite ammo. Roll eyes

1600+ defense all around on a lightweight. Close to 470 kph.
<span style='color:yellow'>Nice, pretty good defense for something that's as fast as 470kph or close to that speed. You could turn your legs into DINGO2 if you want to, but I'm not sure if Trigger Happy's defense would actually decrease. Not really a fan of energy shotguns (am I missing some goodness here?) and I haven't tried it yet since my PS2 is crappy in the meantime lol.

This is interesting. Will post more after my Last Raven works.</span>
I like the setup...

No comment...
I'm not too happy with the WYVERN though, as my bias against SGs is quite big. So I'll suggest the ROC4 instead Tongue which allows you to be a little more trigger happy with the weapons, and be a little more forgiving on the generator.

Also, the GULL + UL2 is pretty hot on the OB start-up phase and can prove to be risky when you're gonna use OB to escape fast attackers.

An alternate build for the design (If you're feeling like going all crest parts on your AC) would mean replacing the arms with the A72F and the legs with the 84L2 and IMO the VULTURE2 (for cooling reasons). The new changes will give you 1600 def on shell and 1500++ on EN def but a little more drainy than the first design.
<span style='color:yellow'>I think he's emphasizing the energy shotgun in this AC. I never used the WYVERN before. I agree with Leperman's idea on the GULL and VULTURE2, you can't probably just boost when on the starting phase when you're using the GULL 'cause it's too hot. Once you boost while the OB starts your heat goes up to about 500 or 470+. Unless if you've mastered the jumping method before you could OB.

I'm not also good with quads. I'll test the original design and Leper's idea later. That's if my PS2 works.</span> Rofl
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 19 2007, 06:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 19 2007, 06:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm not also good with quads.&nbsp; I'll test the original design and Leper's idea later.&nbsp; That's if my PS2 works. Rofl [/quote:e1b590576b]
The 84L2 are lightweight humanoid legs, hehe.

Actually Rick, the Wyvern drains very little per (buck)shot. The Roc4 seems to use more of the energy bar in comparison. Or maybe that could just be the firing interval. I urge you to try it out anyway, see if it does seem that way. Maybe the game's lying to me again.

While I know that the pulse rifles may be the better guns, I like my shotties. And furthermore, like I said in Iguana's <a href='http://ravenrepublic-forums.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=645' target='_blank'>Toy/EO-1</a> design, it was calculated in NB that the Wyvern was the best damage-racing gun in the game. Tongue Tongue Tongue

Plus, you know, it's more accurate than the Roc4.

Itching to try this out on a real person, haha.
The WYVERN drains as a set, so all those buckshots drain 1713 IIRC

The ROC4 drains less than 1K per shot.

Both have similar muzzle velocities (fairly similar at least). However the ROC for has close to 150 extra equip drain compared to the WYVERN.

Its also a bit unlikely that all shots will connect (or maybe even 1 shot at all since I don't think SGs have even 1 accurate buckshot that travels through the center of the spread, if that's the case, then the MV stat on the weapon would be close to meaningless), though I think it has its uses against heavies and tanks. If you're still planning to stick with EN SGs, then I'll suggest the WYVERN2 as it has more ammo, and drains less than the WYVERN.

If you're still planning to stick with the WYVERN, then I think you could use a hanger weapon under it, as 54 rounds go down pretty fast Tongue
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Feb 19 2007, 09:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Feb 19 2007, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Its also a bit unlikely that all shots will connect (or maybe even 1 shot at all since I don't think SGs have even 1 accurate buckshot that travels through the center of the spread, if that's the case, then the MV stat on the weapon would be close to meaningless) [/quote:263bba53de]
Yup, that's the downside to it (and shotties in general, in LR at least - even the awesome SP isn't safe from that). At least it fires fast, heh.

<!--QuoteBegin-Leperman+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leperman)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you're still planning to stick with the WYVERN, then I think you could use a hanger weapon under it, as 54 rounds go down pretty fast Tongue[/quote:263bba53de]
Good point, although I'll reserve any changes until after I play someone in this.
accuracy of shotguns don't mean crap. they don't fire single bolts like regular weapons do so you are forced to use them within CQ range.
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Feb 19 2007, 03:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Feb 19 2007, 03:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> accuracy of shotguns don't mean crap. they don't fire single bolts like regular weapons do so you are forced to use them within CQ range. [/quote:0076ba2d12]
Precisely my point earlier. Tongue

On the up-side though, I'm considering SGs as good defensive weapons. While not completely dominating in defensive CQ, any opponent underestimating its capabilities as a defensive weapon is bound to feel it mid through late in the game due to part breakage and does some descrete damage as well. I noticed this first hand while fighting against 1AEA/1 a few days back, I kept on rushing at his AC thinking I could out-damage his AC with the B2+HP.
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Feb 19 2007, 08:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Feb 19 2007, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I noticed this first hand while fighting against 1AEA/1 a few days back [/quote:076f559665]
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Naglalaro hindi nagsasabi. Smile)
I'm re-evaluating the weapons at least; its quite useable. I can't put my finger on it, but its pretty effective. There were times where the beams would hit a lot, and there were times where beams didn't hit at all even at close range (D'oh!). It's a bit of a hit-or-miss thing, but you definitely have to use the hand weapons at close range. (I used an AC with a similar build against Twin-Skies earlier today Big grin)

I used a different setup in case you're interested:

Head: CR-YH70S2
Core: CR-YC010/UL2 hanger
Arms: CR-A72F
Legs: YLH11-VIXEN
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: E02RM-GAR RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: WB01M-NYMPHE SMALL MISSILE
Back Unit L: CR-WB69RA RADAR
Arm Unit R: WR15S-WYVERN ENERGY SHOTGUN
Arm Unit L: CR-WH01HP HANDGUN

Arm Unit R Hanger: CR-WH69H HANDGUN
Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WH69H HANDGUN
O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O71EC, KISSYOH, O03-CODON,
CR-O86R+, MARISHI,

You know my tunes Tongue

Its a slower, but more defense and excelent turning thanks to the VIXEN for the sake of CQC. Energy is manageable even using the SG or OBing. Use missiles to get in close, and let loose with SG and HP. Pretty ok really with nice defense levels. Not the best I could come up, but definitely workable.